Welcome Jacob Blight | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Welcome Jacob Blight

He'll start to clunk those marks once he gets used to the level.

Really promising debut and although a mature age recruit, still young enough to build a defense around.

Give him an AFL preseason and watch him go.

Reactions: 4 users
The best thing was he looked totally at home at AFL level. Yes, he looked gassed a fair bit of the time, that's to be expected. Seemed to read the play well and was very competitive. He's also a big lump of a bloke. I know it has been said he lacks speed, but as a key defender he can compensate if he reads the game well.

Very good debut. He will have games where he lowers his colours as he develops. But showed he has the tools to make it.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

Really promising debut and although a mature age recruit, still young enough to build a defense around.

He was good. Thought he ran under, or got pushed under the ball a bit, and couldn't get purchase to grab it.
Fairly assured with the ball, nice start, and frees up Balta to go forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Just keep him away from Meehan ...............................

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Chris Toce did well here.
Passed his first test with the mid season draft.

Reactions: 6 users
I loved that spoil he made on McKay in the 3rd quarter I think. I was right in front of me, about 30m out at the Punt road end. Looked great in real time and even better on the replay. Much to like about his game today.

Reactions: 9 users
I loved that spoil he made on McKay in the 3rd quarter I think. I was right in front of me, about 30m out at the Punt road end. Looked great in real time and even better on the replay. Much to like about his game today.
Yes, I know the one, best thing about it was that it showed some closing speed.

Reactions: 3 users
At the game I thought he wasn't overly quick off the mark but had good closing speed to effect some nice spoils.

The best thing was he looked totally at home at AFL level. Yes, he looked gassed a fair bit of the time, that's to be expected. Seemed to read the play well and was very competitive. He's also a big lump of a bloke. I know it has been said he lacks speed, but as a key defender he can compensate if he reads the game well.

Very good debut. He will have games where he lowers his colours as he develops. But showed he has the tools to make it.

DS
The key will be his marking. Can he start taking the ones he dropped today? The positive is he got to the right spots.

He’s not quick but will probably have a better tank after an AFL preseason (as long as we change our S&C department).

Reactions: 1 users
Had 1 shocker, and half a dozen good contests, a couple of those top shelf. I'm fine with a shocker in game 1, and I think it was down to fatigue. Got in front, in perfect position, then his hands got nowhere near the ball. You could even argue it wasn't a shocker because of the good positioning for the contest.

Had a really good 1st up game on a very good opponent. At the very least broke even with McKay but probably beat him, we didn't lose tonight because of the impact of either McKay or Curnow.

The key will be his marking. Can he start taking the ones he dropped today? The positive is he got to the right spots.

He’s not quick but will probably have a better tank after an AFL preseason (as long as we change our S&C department).
He will start taking marks.

In fact, today's game surprised me. I wanted Blight in the side after his first VFL game. But I thought he'd float as the interceptor, take 4 or 5 intercept marks, and deliver well out of the backline.

I was super impressed with the shut down job. And the closing speed to spoil.

It's early, but I really think we've got something here.

Something we'd normally need the first round of the draft for.

Done well first game in. Get a handful of games into him n a big fat full time AFL pre season over summer n then we can get a serious look at what he's got.