Victorian Election 2010 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Victorian Election 2010

Why would Ted want to shut down the north-south pipeline. So many hundreds of millions of dollars of tax payers money down the gurgler.

What the *smile* is this moron thinking?

geoffryprettyboy said:
Why would Ted want to shut down the north-south pipeline. So many hundreds of millions of dollars of tax payers money down the gurgler.

This is only the start gpb

geoffryprettyboy said:

It went down the gurgler when the money was spent on it.

What is the point of keeping it running? Melbourne doesn't need the extra water any more

Even on the Melbourne Water Storage figures they show a Sugerloaf allocation to show how much the Melbourne storages are allowed to take based on the agreement, but haven't taken because they don't need it.

Giardiasis said:
It went down the gurgler when the money was spent on it.

Yeah it could of. Very dissapointing to see that after all this time and valuable money spent it has to be closed.

ZeroGame said:
Melbourne doesn't need the extra water any more

Have the heavens told you that we will never have an issue with water again?

Maybe while Ted is at it he can pull the pin on the desal plant as well. According to your knowledge Zero it would be a waste of money yeah?

geoffryprettyboy said:
Have the heavens told you that we will never have an issue with water again?

Maybe while Ted is at it he can pull the pin on the desal plant as well. According to your knowledge Zero it would be a waste of money yeah?
The reason the pipeline isn't needed is because we already have enough water supply to last us until the desal plant is built, even if it doesn't rain once before it's built. In fact this was the case before construction even started.

As someone who has voted for either party over the years I feel this election was a no-brainer! Why would I possibly vote for Brumby, and his cohorts, in this election? So while I didn't put the Libs first, I did put Labor last. It feels great to see Labor get the boot from running this great state after everything they have done.

And for those who are saying Myki is the biggest balls-up don't forget about the Very Fast Train blow-out and that it added a whole 5 minutes to the trip to/from Bendigo. Just how many squillions did it cost again? Even if you base it on a 'time saved' scenario it is still a massive waste of mine, and your, money.

Aaaah... that feels better ;D

ZeroGame said:
What is the point of keeping it running? Melbourne doesn't need the extra water any more

We don't? What about the next time we have a drought? Melbourne's water storage is still not at a great level. Increasing population means we have to take alternative measures.

Unbelievable arrogance and stupidity of Ted to announce shafting the pipeline before the minister's have even been sworn in to have official discussions with. Same with his announced refusal in regard to the new N/V Irrigation Upgrade without even discussing it with the Canberra people managing it. I hope he can remember how dire the state's water situation was before the fortunate, timely and very welcome rains. I wasn't in favour of the pipeline but it's there now. Rather than shafting it I'd prefer it was maintained for a while until we see how the future pans out. I hope he doesn't shaft the farmers and the environmental aspect of those who did it hard and paid massive money for water during the pipleline life while he's at it. There was more tot hat project than the water going to Melbourne.

IanG said:
We don't? What about the next time we have a drought? Melbourne's water storage is still not at a great level. Increasing population means we have to take alternative measures.
Exactly

With Kevin Andrews as the new leader, I'd say that the Vic ALP has already conceded 2014. The man has the charisma of a flathead.

lukeanddad said:
With Kevin Andrews as the new leader, I'd say that the Vic ALP has already conceded 2014. The man has the charisma of a flathead.

Daniel Andrews do you mean?
But yes another boofhead, arrogant man.
Looks a little like Mr.Bean too.

B1

B1 and B2 said:
Daniel Andrews do you mean?
But yes another boofhead, arrogant man.
Looks a little like Mr.Bean too.

B1
Bad move by ALP if they give this goose the leader's job.