Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Where he stood was correct. If it was signalled a behind you are right, he has to stand 10m back from the square, but as it was a paid a free for HTB then you only have to go back to the 9.

You have the same view as I did (and still do) over the non free to Grimes. It was there every day of the week. No idea hoe the flog can be no more than 15m away and miss it. I was livid, so stoked that Vlastuin was so engaged though that they didn't get a score.
So if it was holding the ball in the goal square what was the score review for???

Reactions: 1 user
So if it was holding the ball in the goal square what was the score review for???

No idea. I didn't think they could review that, but when the review came back the umpire in the goal square definitely signalled for HTB and we got a free. It was right in front of me.

Its what confused people watching on TV, apparently the scoreboard on the TV increased the Carlton score by 1 for that, but when Boyd missed that shot at goal, it didn't increase their score, ie. they corrected it between the 2 things.

These a-holes also didn't notice how long blood was dripping from Curnow's face.

No idea. I didn't think they could review that, but when the review came back the umpire in the goal square definitely signalled for HTB and we got a free. It was right in front of me.

Its what confused people watching on TV, apparently the scoreboard on the TV increased the Carlton score by 1 for that, but when Boyd missed that shot at goal, it didn't increase their score, ie. they corrected it between the 2 things.
Looking at the replay you're right, but the AFL app still gives Curnow a point, and doesnt mention the last rushed.

So now score reviews can be used to decide free kicks? Another farce.

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder if this is true

View attachment 22090
Dear Mr <insert name here>,
Thank you for contacting the AFL help line.
In regard to your email regarding <insert topic here>, please be assured we take all complaints seriously and totally value all the input from our fans.
Our staff are very busy right now, but we will endeavor to respond to your message by <insert date here>.
In the meantime, please accept a free Collingwood Football Club membership with our compliments.
With Love
<insert new AFL CEO name here>

• Haha
Looking at the replay you're right, but the AFL app still gives Curnow a point, and doesnt mention the last rushed.

That is a farce. I had no idea they paid a free. Surely they didn't?

Harry Mackay didn’t hold his first mark either, and goaled from the resulting kick. Could say it was a 50-50 at best. We had same thing a bit later - play on

Reactions: 1 users
That is a farce. I had no idea they paid a free. Surely they didn't?
Yeah, looking at the score board, poshie is right. And the goal umpire didnt actually signal a point or wave the flag.

So the process went something like- ball crosses the line, goal umpire says "i think it is a point, but i want to see if he kicked it"-field umpire sends the decision to the fARCe.- fARCe decision inconclusive so umpires call. and suddenly because fARCe is inconclusive the umpires call is a free kick.

Can't be tucked anymore
Yes.
I feel like Cool Hand Luke. They broke him in the end, the Spirit and willingness to fight the cause was beaten out of him by sheer persistent cruelty and unfairness.

Still shakin it Boss

Harry Mackay didn’t hold his first mark either, and goaled from the resulting kick. Could say it was a 50-50 at best. We had same thing a bit later - play on
Wasn't Grimes crunched in the back and he held the ball the same amount of time..play on
We are umpired with hate..
Even non Richmond supporter are calling it out.

The worse decision of the many
Why wasn't advantage called after Lynch got the free kick.

So, is anyone still believing that it’s the way Dimma coaches us that results in us being screwed over week after week by the maggots?

• Haha
G'day, battling with blues mate over free kicks. Anyone able to help me out with frees count??
It turned out to a respectable (for us) 24 them - 17 us.
At quarter time it was 5-5, but blew out to 10+ differential to them at one point.
2nd quarter was woeful

The worse decision of the many
Why wasn't advantage called after Lynch got the free kick.

Made worse that that free was only a couple of mins after we won a HTB free and very close to the same time as the whistle was blown and we kicked forward to a Carlton player and advantage was called, then when we DID have an advantage they called it back. Was made even worse for us because the only tall we had forward of the ball was Lynch who was now the free kick taker, so we had zero talls forward and due to the time taken to get the ball back they could flood back.

Reactions: 3 users

Far be it for me to argue on the AFilth's behalf, but the review was because if he'd got a toe to the ball it was a goal. As he didn't it was incorrect disposal or whatever they call dropping the ball nowadays.