Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

What the ****, we get paid a free kick for holding the ball, then the non controlling umpire overturns it, and pays a dangerous tackle. What a deadset joke, what happens if the umpire then says no, I paid the free kick, it's holding the ball.

Surely there can't be two free kicks from the same tackle!!

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
As a club, we have to go to the AFL and question the umpires decisions. It can't go on like this when we get penalised for an offence but the opposition do the same and no free

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Complete overhaul required.

The AFL can't continue to defend this debacle.

There won't be one junior umpire in the country in 5 years if we continue down this track.

They are just ruining footy

Reactions: 2 users
What the ****, we get paid a free kick for holding the ball, then the non controlling umpire overturns it, and pays a dangerous tackle. What a deadset joke, what happens if the umpire then says no, I paid the free kick, it's holding the ball.

We just NEVER see this with other teams/games.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users

Of course their is...just need to get the other two umpires involved!

Reactions: 1 user
With 6 points in it, JHF is spun 720 only to incorrectly dispose of it. They go up the other end & score..wow.
Grimes get pushed/tripped by Rioli and the his head is knocked off by Durrsma and the prick calls holding the ball.
Rosseee does what people have been saving for the last 6 weeks player's are now bouncing there heads up and down in a tackle to get called for a dangerous tackle. His head didn't even touch the grass, till he did it himself.
The Holding by Alir Alir was a joke, 1 stage he held Balta and then hit him the neck and the pricks called play on.
I lost count how many times our players were dealt with after getting rid of the ball with nothing paid but Vaulstin does it, its called immediately.
Really poor umpires currently.
The crowd at most venues nowadays, know that if they yell loud enough, that would influence their decision making.
It was evident today.
They walked home from the ground untouched and without any incident today.

Reactions: 8 users
The umpires would have spent at least 30 mins warming up before the game.
The problem is they don’t have a feel as to how the game should be umpired.
More umpires has lead to greater inconsistency.

Did Grimes get tripped By Rioli in the last, fell on the ball and got HTB against…or are my eyes deceiving me?

Reactions: 4 users
With 6 points in it, JHF is spun 720 only to incorrectly dispose of it. They go up the other end & score..wow.

Don't forget he's run into the tackle with a don't argue. We constantly get told that when Dusty does that then its prior opportunity but clearly not.

Reactions: 3 users
I have never ever criticised umpires

But not women clearly……….
Well
She has never played and hasn’t a good feel for the game after the rubbish she dished up today
Purely guess work !

Well
She has never played and hasn’t a good feel for the game after the rubbish she dished up today
Purely guess work !
I agree she did a terrible job today but she is not alone this season. I objected to the dishwasher joke, it was unnecessary and not funny.

Swans melb game horribly umpired. One funny one, rowbottom tackled, drops it, get ball again while still tackled, throws it to a team mate, play on.

• Haha
But now you have Carlton they must be on the pay roll.
The free's curnow gets none else in the comp gets.
Any of there mids gets touched. Immediately paid Holding.
The free kick to owies by Stevic was bullshiit
. That wasn't high. Check Durrsma on Grimes, that's fken high

And by doing so remove any discussion about cheating, incompetence and the stench of a compromised competition.
Ahhh, but you're forgetting that Gilligan has the reputation of being the ultimate deal maker. Deal making can only thrive n succeed by compromising, as long as you are willing to compromise everything you are and all that you have then any sort of outcome you want can be achieved again and again. All hail the Gilligan.

Gee can’t a free be paid against Aliir?

*smile* dangerous tackles only played one way!

And then Hearly just said unfortunate that a goal was overturned. Gee he’s a *smile*.

Serie A was forced to do something by a club using underhand ways of influencing results.
We are talking about an umpiring mistake (a pretty big one) here. There is nothing to suggest that the Swans were involved so they are completely different scenarios that you are trying to package together as the same.

I similar argument, is where in Serie A, a ref missed a fairly obvious penalty shout in the last minute of a game. Can you show me an example of where Serie A have overturned results due to that?
Pretty sure there was once a hand of God intervention in a world cup game. So many opportunities to make amends and alter the winner of the game due to umpire error. Not a chance in hell that it was corrected though.

I agree she did a terrible job today but she is not alone this season. I objected to the dishwasher joke, it was unnecessary and not funny.
I laughed . I thought it was funny . She hasn’t played a game of footy in her life and doesn’t have a feel for the game . You object to the joke, good for you