Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Heard Chamberlain on the radio this morning saying the umpires in the Crows v Cwood failed the game, that it was a disappointing performance by them, lessons learnt.

At least he was honest. That’s what you wanna hear, not this bs “we always get it right” from the AFL (and others).

Can’t ask for much more than that.

Theyre not lessons learnt anymore,

Theyre learnings.

His knee cartlidge is probably wearing thin and hes positioning for a job at AFL house in the regime change?

Imagine his name in lights as MRO, or The wizard of Oz in the ARC

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I didn't hear that Stephenson part - just the Adelaide v Pies game bit. He was pretty direct-scathing of the umpire performance in that game.
That’s mighty big of Ray to admit the failing of the other umpires….

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Heard Chamberlain on the radio this morning saying the umpires in the Crows v Cwood failed the game, that it was a disappointing performance by them, lessons learnt.

At least he was honest. That’s what you wanna hear, not this bs “we always get it right” from the AFL (and others).

Can’t ask for much more than that.
Did he mention his own pompous performance regarding the dissent rule free kick and 50 metre penalties?

The other one whilst we are talking deliberates, was they were quick to play the off the ground against Shorty in the 1st half, but sometime in the 2nd, GC player kicks to touch, another GC player goes racing after it trying to touch it knowing its deliberate, dives across the surface, probably touches the ball 1m over the line.

Instead of paying deliberate like he should have, the ump calls touched even though it was touched outside of the field of play.

There were several bizarre calls in the 2nd half particularly on Sunday.
I thought the call there was touched off the boot, that's kind of how it looked on the replay.

Still kicked it 40 metres straight towards the line though, touched or not.

Has there been any explanation from the afl, or the umpires boss, as to why this wasn’t a free kick to us?
Of course not, as we probably didn't bother wasting our time on a please explain.

AFL noted that the Colonwood player should have received a free kick when Fogarty? Near took his head off front on but you can guarantee that even if Colonwood had of lost that game, a hollow apology is all they would have received n the result would still stand.

Poor old collonwood got dudded by the umps and the whole world pities them.
Give us all a break, one week out of 20 years.
And that Muppet from their backline actually got what he has been playing for all year.
Wish I had of watched it.

You know when opposing players don't know who the free kick is for that it's a bad decision, even more so when neither know it's a free kick at all.

Reactions: 2 users
Geez. Until I saw this I thought it was biggest he moved off the mark, which was going to be a very harsh decision.

Knowing what it was for, its unbelievable that that could be paid (they got a goal from that inside 50 too)
Que the Big Richone $$$$ . Im sure he’ll be in shortly to confirm it was the correct decision.

Kicked the ball away after it had gone over the line ( probably a desperate fudge at the pill hoping it was still in play ). There's been players pinged before for thumping the high ball over the fence when it's already crossed the boundary line so, painful as it was it's correct call.

Don't need TBR's expertise to figure that one out, it's a simple one.

He kicked the ball away 50 it is.
There’s another stupid rule that has absolutely no place in our game. If that was time wasting, well I don’t know anymore. Another stupid non footballing rule that has no place in the game.