Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

And yet all the headlines are re how umpire cheated in Collingwood game and how they had 10 free kicks less than Adl. Wow...

Reactions: 1 user
And yet all the headlines are re how umpire cheated in Collingwood game and how they had 10 free kicks less than Adl. Wow...
Even Wimpy was whinging about it this morning like a true Scumwood feral. Bewildering how this media go silent everytime we copped this sh!t.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have a break down of where the frees were paid, i.e. forward, mid or back. That will tell a tale as I reckon plenty of ours were in the back third and tehirs seemed to be in the forward third!
Us 16 frees. 3 D50, 12 midfield, 1 F50
Them 18. 2 D50, 13 midfield, 3 F50

Reactions: 1 users
read somewhere that 3 coaches criticised the umps, saw the McRae and Hinkley ones but not the other. Interesting strategy, bag the umps when you win, they could be onto something.

edit, Vossy criticised having to list the player made sub as omitted. Story in the Age included this quote:

“What we’re told is that there’s a few laws that need to be rewritten - that’s at least what we’ve been told,” Voss said.

Thats Gold!

Last edited:
Fisher was a crap footballer and now is proving to be even worse as an umpire.
He had a umpire's down the ground call free kicks when he was closet.
It was embarrassing

Imbeciles with whistles who also think they’re the starring characters.
Exhibit A - little ray chamber pot
Exhibit B - leigh fisher *smile*
Exhibit C - any other clown running around with a shaved head or product in their hair blowing a whistle and looking at the tv screen

Hard to beat No 22, Nathan Williamson possibly the worst of a very ordinary bunch!

If TBR has quit the forum and is reading this, I'd just like to say your posts will be missed.

Echo echo echo echo...

I'm still here reading and chuckling at the whinging and chips on shoulders, just not posting on footy threads without a 2 way ignore option.

A few ill-mannered posters whose confidence is only surpassed by their ignorance make it impossible to have a respectful conversation without it unfortunately.

Contact below the knees only ever gets paid against us.

Last edited:
  • Sad
I'm still here reading and chuckling at the whinging and chips on shoulders, just not posting on footy threads without a 2 way ignore option.

A few ill-mannered posters whose confidence is only surpassed by their ignorance make it impossible to have a respectful conversation without it unfortunately.
Ok, leave my chips alone

• Haha

Interested to hear your thoughts on the Sonsie 50m penalty. My issue is there seems to be too much grey area between "that's allowed" and "that's a 50m penalty." So much so that it would be helpful if the umpire could just tell the player approaching the mark to get out because they're "too late" or "too far away."

Reactions: 2 users
Even Wimpy was whinging about it this morning like a true Scumwood feral. Bewildering how this media go silent everytime we copped this sh!t.
Where was the afl apology when vlas was KO by danger and no free kick , coll a,ways get away with a public whinge when no one else does

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
Interested to hear your thoughts on the Sonsie 50m penalty. My issue is there seems to be too much grey area between "that's allowed" and "that's a 50m penalty." So much so that it would be helpful if the umpire could just tell the player approaching the mark to get out because they're "too late" or "too far away."
I don’t believe he came from behind and he just went to ‘man the mark’, pointing to the mark??

I think it was a ‘harsh call’.

The penalty is too extreme and severe for such a minor thing you see happening in other games.

You see some games and say why wasn’t that paid a 50 ??

Yes, those over confident posters annoy me too.

Cos I didnt think you would be posting here I decided to read the rules of the game so I could tell everyone why they are wrong.
For example, that rushed behind looked like an easy free to give to us, rushing the ball under no pressure, but the fine print of that rule clearly states why it wasnt.

• Sad
Ah, common sense.
Trouble is, like everything else regarding the rules, common sense is applied very inconsistently.
A bit like an umpires temperament

I think there is a technical reason why it was a 50 but to me that isn’t the issue.
To me it just seems wrong that a team can get gifted a goal for such a tiny thing when it was so hard to score goals. (to be balanced i reckon our goal from a 50 was very soft as well)
But that isn’t the only issue for me. After that decision against Sonsie I saw at least 5-6 occasions where a player ran from behind the player taking the kick, and inside the protected zone, to man the mark and not one of them was paid 50.
Right or wrong it is the inconsistency that frustrates me so much.

Reactions: 4 users