Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

This may not be the first time I've posted on the umpire thread that the other side was point blank robbed. But yeah.

Long may it continue.

Reactions: 1 user
Well I'm liking what I'm seeing so far this round, lots of head flippers not getting *smile* frees.Long may it continue

Reactions: 2 users
Weightman? Noticed nothing mentioned by the commentary team.

Papley, Gulden and Toby Greene all going with the headflick and most were ignored by the umps. Good stuff. Maybe just maybe, players will realise they shouldn't put their head in a vulnerable position anymore if the umps won't pay them a free

Reactions: 3 users
Weightman? Noticed nothing mentioned by the commentary team.
We8ghtman is a head flipper as Higgins is a diver. I saw weightman get ignored multiple times today.
Would be good if the commentary team called them out like they have our boys a few times but it is the Afl after all

Papley, Gulden and Toby Greene all going with the headflick and most were ignored by the umps. Good stuff. Maybe just maybe, players will realise they shouldn't put their head in a vulnerable position anymore if the umps won't pay them a free
It's happening now that selwood is gone. Wait for them to crack down on the in the back rule once hawkins goes.

I read that the hands up is the umpire signal for dissent.

If that’s true then whoever came up with that is ridiculous. Just copy the basketball technical signal or something. I guess they could have come up with the parent waving their figure gesture instead and made it worse.

I think we don’t think ray would have actually been offended but more saw it as a chance to show who is boss.

Seen Toby Greene's match winner several times now. But how the ball got to him caught my eye.
The GWS ruck takes the ball in the air from the throw in, keeps going is tackled ball bobbles up and he hots one handed; then he recovers and appears to do a pivoting and a two handed rugby pass into Greens hands.

Was that two missed incorrect disposals or good put the whistle away close match umpiring?

• Sad