Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Why so many free kicks (i50m) & 50m penalties to us last week?
An anomaly or a change in directive given the massive disparities we've seen the past several seasons?
it's been soo long since we had a game like that it was almost bizarre to watch.

It almost made me feel uncomfortable considering how used to the opposite I am.

This is what Dogs supporters get to see every week. What a huge advantage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
I note the refuter has not had his say on this. He is an endorser of the way the current definition is interpreted by the umpires. Would like to know his thoughts on the recently highlighted “throws”.
Nah, for as much fun as it is watching The Big Refuter tie himself up in knots with hilariously funny material over and over, let’s not let his state sponsored pollution destroy the fresh air of sanity from all and sundry. Let’s just breathe in the beautiful fresh air this time.

Reactions: 1 users
Fwiw, i like TBR opening the windows to the echo chamber.

But i watch sky news on thursday nights.

• Haha
Why so many free kicks (i50m) & 50m penalties to us last week?
An anomaly or a change in directive given the massive disparities we've seen the past several seasons?
it's been soo long since we had a game like that it was almost bizarre to watch.
Yeh, I was at game and laughing so much. It was unbelievable in a way. I mentioned to a Melb supporter sitting next to me it was unbelievable, they thought we were a traditional umpires favourite. Until I pointed out a few stats over the last 6 or 7 years.

And, it helped us develop a 4 goal lead. It's undeniable that umpires influence results. It's getting those 50/50 calls that makes all the difference.

Reactions: 4 users
Fwiw, i like TBR opening the windows to the echo chamber.

But i watch sky news on thursday nights.
I tune in to Paul Murray at times. I thought he was a parody when I first watched.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Across the round thought I did again notice a lot of throws. While Footscray were probably the worst, it was across all sides and games. I personally would hate for it to become a Footscray thing and for them to be scapegoated, because its rife across the comp

On Footy Classified last night they had a segment on the Bulldogs throws, OMG, based on those i am happy for them to be scapegoated, they have been kings of this for a long time .

Reactions: 4 users
The big ego has said on another thread that he’s quit this forum. Again.
Not again ??? Geez maybe we need an automatic motion sensor sliding door so he doesn’t get rsi from turning the PRE door knob so often.

Anyway, I’m expecting Bevo to hold a press conference soon to do his own refuting. This’ll be good….

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Anyway, I’m expecting Bevo to hold a press conference soon to do his own refuting. This’ll be good….
Angry Bevo will come and talk about how they've been targeted and how unfair it is to target his good boys and question Joey Montagna's courage on the field.

I tune in to Paul Murray at times. I thought he was a parody when I first watched.

I dont pretend it easy, but its an effective way to stay 48 hours ahead of everything the nasty and the stupid are gonna say and do.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
On Footy Classified last night they had a segment on the Bulldogs throws, OMG, based on those i am happy for them to be scapegoated, they have been kings of this for a long time .
It's been a joke for years. Treloar/Libba/Crumples are the leading experts. Treloar probably in a league of his own. No other team has as many serial chuckers. Good to see it being raised, no doubt the bikie boss bevo will come out swinging.

Generally good last night but the HTB against Floss was complete BS. If that was Danger he’d have all night to get rid of it. No doubt the refuters will refute…
And that's one of those 50/50 calls. It went against us and the result is a goal. Different umpire, different call.

And that's one of those 50/50 calls. It went against us and the result is a goal. Different umpire, different call.
It wasnt even 50/50 though, Vlastuin went to ground, he got tackled and he handballed it. I reckon i could pretty confidently say we have not a HTB so quickly in the last 20 years, and certainly not directly in front of goals.

It wasnt even 50/50 though, Vlastuin went to ground, he got tackled and he handballed it. I reckon i could pretty confidently say we have not a HTB so quickly in the last 20 years, and certainly not directly in front of goals.
You're lucky the refuter has left the building. You'd be accused of not knowing the rule. And ridiculous bias.

• Haha
The positive news is that the afl media are suddenly calling out throws and the shitful treatment of gale. About time.

• Love
Angry Bevo will come and talk about how they've been targeted and how unfair it is to target his good boys and question Joey Montagna's courage on the field.
Hope joey had a clean skin. Don't want a Tom Morris effect to send him to the curb