Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

How do i get a betting agency to take a bet that we won't win a free kick count this year?

I saw Balta lining up for goal and it is smothered by a player who was not on the mark. How is that in the rules, a player who is not on the mark cannot smother the ball unless he enters the restricted zone. Balta was 50m out, he wasn't going for a round the corner kick, it simply could not be play on.
Balta was 60+ metres out. The umpire called play on.

Do we know it was called play on.
14:30 left to go in the 3rd quarter. Balta signals that he's going for goal, but the umpire assumes that he isn't (and he was right). The umpire calls "move it on" and then "play on"

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Balta was 60+ metres out. The umpire called play on.
He was having a shot for goal from 55 metres our..has kicked those before..it was a deadset shot for goal....the umpire was co.pletly clueless ,ignorant and full of outregrous *smile* to of called play on......

Reactions: 3 users
14:30 left to go in the 3rd quarter. Balta signals that he's going for goal, but the umpire assumes that he isn't (and he was right). The umpire calls "move it on" and then "play on"
The MotM was just outside 50. Balta was trying to have a shot but the ump didn't give him the chance. Earlier Jackson had a mark or free just outside 50, but was given his full 30 secs.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users
Thanks for that. Again shows inconsistency of umpires. Balta can kick that going through goal post high.

The MotM was just outside 50. Balta was trying to have a shot but the ump didn't give him the chance. Earlier Jackson had a mark or free just outside 50, but was given his full 30 secs.
Spot on...if Jackson was allowed 30 seconds why not balta??.....its a feeaky blood bowling farce

Reactions: 4 users
It was about 8-10. Then by late in the 3rd it was 8-19. Then we got a few late.
They tried to even up a few late. It is beyond a joke. We do give away some stupid frees but there appears to be a different set of rules for us.

Reactions: 1 users
He was having a shot for goal from 55 metres our..has kicked those before..it was a deadset shot for goal....the umpire was co.pletly clueless ,ignorant and full of outregrous *smile* to of called play on......
The man on the mark was 55 out. I'm not justifying the umpire's decision, just replying to the OP who said that it couldn't have been play on. It was play on, according to the umpire

I walked into the lounge room and Mrs. Quickdraw had the game on. the TV. Had been going for maybe 10 minutes.

I stood there and in the first 30 seconds that I watched Melbourne were given a very soft free kick.

I said "I'm done with this sh!t" and went to do something else. I just can't enjoy the game anymore. It's a mess.

I think I'm just about finished with AFL football. Might start going to some local games instead.

• Love
Same boat as me Quickdraw.

I watched maybe 10mins of the match and turned it off.

However listened to about of radio and checked score updates on phone.

This is coming from an ex-AFL lover who has attended more than 180 AFL games and usually watch our matches on TV.

The game is stuffed.

Yep. Maggot refused to accept that Balta was having a shot at goal even though he's known to have a thundering hoof on him.
Another stupid AFL rule when an umpire/referee decides when you need to make the kick.
Let's not get stooged they started the Melbourne blitz in the 3rd qtr and then gave us 3 or 4 freebies in the last qtr when the game was over.
The umpiring is a disgrace.
Weiderman falls over and is paid for holding.
Petrecca takes on 3 players ball falls out of his hands, play on.
We don't have the same pressure game of 2018 or 19 but they don't reward us anyway.
The commentators saw the stat come up on the screen 9-1 in Melbourne's favour but not one said anything about the standard of umpiring.

Reactions: 4 users
Same boat as me Quickdraw.

I watched maybe 10mins of the match and turned it off.

However listened to about of radio and checked score updates on phone.

This is coming from an ex-AFL lover who has attended more than 180 AFL games and usually watch our matches on TV.

The game is stuffed.
Credit to the Dees supporter behind me last night. I was bemoaning a decision and he said the game we know and love will be dead in 5 years the way the rules and umpiring is going.

Reactions: 3 users
The umpire would have called play on against Jack with his torp at the end of the 3rd quarter the other week, if he could have, because his reaction clearly said he thought Jack was having a lend of him. They have absolutely no feel for the game. I don’t think any of them even like it.

• Angry
Reactions: 8 users
Credit to the Dees supporter behind me last night. I was bemoaning a decision and he said the game we know and love will be dead in 5 years the way the rules and umpiring is going.
I wouldve started a fight, so the coppers wouldve done me a favour throwing me out so I wouldn't watch anymore of that crap

• Haha
Another stupid AFL rule when an umpire/referee decides when you need to make the kick.
Let's not get stooged they started the Melbourne blitz in the 3rd qtr and then gave us 3 or 4 freebies in the last qtr when the game was over.
The umpiring is a disgrace.
Weiderman falls over and is paid for holding.
Petrecca takes on 3 players ball falls out of his hands, play on.
We don't have the same pressure game of 2018 or 19 but they don't reward us anyway.
The commentators saw the stat come up on the screen 9-1 in Melbourne's favour but not one said anything about the standard of umpiring.
This is a massive problem, imo, not just with us. The umpires want to be the stars of the show and the AFL is enabling this. They are aware of the power they now have and are using it to influence results. Needs to be investigated, especially considering the relationship the AFL has with sports betting organisations.

This is a massive problem, imo, not just with us. The umpires want to be the stars of the show and the AFL is enabling this. They are aware of the power they now have and are using it to influence results. Needs to be investigated, especially considering the relationship the AFL has with sports betting organisations.
Just don't turn up.
They can't pay themselves if 10k are turning up to the MCG.

• Haha