Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Read on Twitter that when we hit the front in the 3rd quarter the free kick count was 18-12
Finished 33-13
That’s just staggering
Yep, and the free we got was a professional free kick when we were away in the last...to Titch I think

Reactions: 2 users
Yep, and the free we got was a professional free kick when we were away in the last...to Titch I think
It’s all ok, everyone knows it’s not just about the free kick count. At least that’s what the media AFL sheep keep telling us.

How’s the free kick against Lynch, goes down to pick up the ball, Adelaide player falls over the top of himfree Adelaide. Was at a crucial stage too, unbelievable

Reactions: 3 users
You won’t, it I will
*smile* mob of *smile* cheating *smile* prick bastards.
*smile* corrupt cheating group of *smile* steve *smile* hocking’s
the 15 free kicks to 1 after we went ahead is living rent free in my head ..

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, just watched the game, no idea why we get treated differently.

But, 1 thing I did notice. I saw 2 free kicks awarded against Richmond players who ducked their heads into tackles. Now, to be fair they already had their heads down since they were gathering the ball so hard to get upright again in a nano-second. But, ok, let's just grant that, although both the frees were questionable there is an argument to say they were there.

My question is, where did Richmond players get the idea that ducking the head while collecting the ball can get you a free kick for high contact? Hmm, this is a hard one . . . now, let me think, where could they possibly have got this idea? Oh, I remember now, the multiple free kicks we gave away last week against Footscray where they ducked their heads and got frees for high contact. So, the Richmond players see that happen multiple times last week, think, ok, I can do that. So, they try and, lo and behold, the free kick goes the other way.

F*cking ridiculous. They pay high contact to ducking players every week in every game, but this week they ping a few players for ducking and, surprise, surprise, they are Richmond players. Can they actually come out and tell us which way this should be adjudicated because at the moment it is a complete lottery.

DS

• Angry
Reactions: 10 users
Yeah, just watched the game, no idea why we get treated differently.

But, 1 thing I did notice. I saw 2 free kicks awarded against Richmond players who ducked their heads into tackles. Now, to be fair they already had their heads down since they were gathering the ball so hard to get upright again in a nano-second. But, ok, let's just grant that, although both the frees were questionable there is an argument to say they were there.

My question is, where did Richmond players get the idea that ducking the head while collecting the ball can get you a free kick for high contact? Hmm, this is a hard one . . . now, let me think, where could they possibly have got this idea? Oh, I remember now, the multiple free kicks we gave away last week against Footscray where they ducked their heads and got frees for high contact. So, the Richmond players see that happen multiple times last week, think, ok, I can do that. So, they try and, lo and behold, the free kick goes the other way.

F*cking ridiculous. They pay high contact to ducking players every week in every game, but this week they ping a few players for ducking and, surprise, surprise, they are Richmond players. Can they actually come out and tell us which way this should be adjudicated because at the moment it is a complete lottery.

DS
I actually didn’t have a problem with our blokes caught for ducking the head. It was the lack of prior opportunity that annoyed me.

I actually didn’t have a problem with our blokes caught for ducking the head. It was the lack of prior opportunity that annoyed me.

Agree, but when opponents duck their heads and get high contact free kicks then I do have a problem

DS

Reactions: 4 users
I don’t think anyone would have a problem with it, if it was applied equally to every team and player, but for some reason the umpires are incapable of adjudicating consistently.

Reactions: 8 users
I wonder if the club ever get the umpires down to a training session and just ask “why” and “how do we fix it”?

I've had four sons play local country footy with volunteer club umpires (one from each side). Some are competent, some are hopeless and some are cheats. If you saw a performance like yesterday's at a local game you would definitely put it in the 'cheat' catorgary.

We are very naive about corruption in Australia. In most countries it is taken for granted that it will come into play across all areas of society, including sport. In particular people seem to consider it impossible that the AFL is corrupting game results. We are talking about a business here that is worth 100's of millions where certain results will lead to highr 'profits'. Of course it's corrupt.
But why would us losing be profitable for the AFL? Do other club PRE equivalents run these conspiracy theories? If the bias was so obvious against us surely at least one non Richmobd supporter would note it and comment on it in some public forum?

I wonder if the club ever get the umpires down to a training session and just ask “why” and “how do we fix it”?
We must get them down and practice abusing them. They can’t adjudicate consistently but they have long memories
Mob of cheating, corrupt *smile* prick steve hockings

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Was at the game last night. It genuinely feels like the umpires are looking for any opportunity to penalise Richmond when they can yet make Richmond earn any free kick they get. I was sitting behind the goals so not the greatest place to watch the game but certainly seemed that way.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Essendon copping the rough end of the pineapple by the umps. Will be back page news tomorrow.

Was at the game last night. It genuinely feels like the umpires are looking for any opportunity to penalise Richmond when they can yet make Richmond earn any free kick they get. I was sitting behind the goals so not the greatest place to watch the game but certainly seemed that way.
I was sitting level 2 on the wing. You’re on the money.

Reactions: 1 user