Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Umpire farce - Getting worse by the minute!

Essendon copping the rough end of the pineapple by the umps. Will be back page news tomorrow.
UN High Commission already notified.
Umpires Chief’s response was they only had colourblind umpires available (as all the other blind umpires already had done games)
They thought they were umpiring Richmond.
Case closed

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
You can't fix the problem unless you accept you have one. And the AFL refuse to accept they have one.

Reactions: 5 users
You can't fix the problem unless you accept you have one. And the AFL refuse to accept they have one.
Well said.

And instead of addressing the actual issue they just gagged coaches and players and stacked the media with useless sycophants.

Reactions: 5 users
We need to pay the afl a visit this week about the umpiring.
Hey boss, the RFC are here to talk about the perceived umpire bias against them…..

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder if the club ever get the umpires down to a training session and just ask “why” and “how do we fix it”?
Every pre season n often again during the year. All clubs work with the maggots trying to get an understanding of the " rules " n how they're adjudicated. Got me a feeling some Richmond player musta pissed in a maggots after training beer or something, because whatever it is we've been doing in regard to these pricks over the last half a dozen years it's just bend over as far as you can n smile fool coz this is gunna hurt.

Reactions: 1 user
Explain what HTB actually is ,,,,the ball dribbling out following a tackle play on , oppo with ball does a don’t argue , gets clamped ,,,,play on , fmd

Reactions: 1 user
Who is in charge of the umpires these days. They should explain themselves.
That’s one of the weird things. Their director has usually been fairly visible, now they’re not. An indicator of how terrible the standard is. No one wants to own up to it.

Reactions: 2 users
I stand corrected. Got that one arse up.

What it shows though is almost worse. In the other 4 games we have a free kick deficit of 46. That is, almost -3 free kick count per quarter in those games. That is nuts.

People saying Crows would have won anyway may be being way too generous as well. The way footy works now with the 6-6-6 and stand rules, I think a free kick is roughly average value of 1 x inside 50. Teams average a goal approximately every 4 inside 50’s. So + 20 free kicks is probably worth on average around 5 goals.

Of course that is not to say the whole 20 free kick deficit is unfair, but if that was cut in half even you might expect a roughly level game. Last night I thought we got a bit of a soft one early where Lynch capitalised, but very soon after there seemed to be a noticeably one way whistle developing. As we know, that happens in games. But the further the game progressed and especially later in the final term, it just got weird. They were point blank refusing to pay even the most obvious of free kicks to us. And there are free kicks and free kicks. Where we might expect to get a free kick in a fairly adjudicated passage, and we don’t, but instead the opposition gets paid one, that is a 2 free kick swing, that only shows up as one free kick. I thought that occurred o our disadvantage more than once last night.

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users
What it shows though is almost worse. In the other 4 games we have a free kick deficit of 46. That is, almost -3 free kick count per quarter in those games. That is nuts.

People saying Crows would have won anyway may be being way too generous as well. The way footy works now with the 6-6-6 and stand rules, I think a free kick is roughly average value of 1 x inside 50. Teams average a goal approximately every 4 inside 50’s. So + 20 free kicks is probably worth on average around 5 goals.
No chance every free kick is worth an i50. Maybe 1 in 5 at best. And you can't disregard games where we had the advantage.
I don't believe FKs are anywhere near as valuable as people think, winning 3 flags while we were in a huge deficit kind of proves that.
Many are tactical and actually benefit the team giving them by slowing play and allowing defense to setup.
It would just be nice to get on the right side of those 50/50 type calls once in a while and not be smashed by rule of the week.
And it's incredibly frustrating when we do get a soft one like Lynch this week that somehow means we can't get one for the rest of the game and must be punished.

No 25 for them very coachable player. Repeatedly ducked and dived and received free kicks. Obviously following coaching instructions as the majority of crows were doing likewise but none pleased Nicks as much as he

No chance every free kick is worth an i50. Maybe 1 in 5 at best. And you can't disregard games where we had the advantage.
I don't believe FKs are anywhere near as valuable as people think, winning 3 flags while we were in a huge deficit kind of proves that.
Many are tactical and actually benefit the team giving them by slowing play and allowing defense to setup.
It would just be nice to get on the right side of those 50/50 type calls once in a while and not be smashed by rule of the week.
And it's incredibly frustrating when we do get a soft one like Lynch this week that somehow means we can't get one for the rest of the game and must be punished.
The commentators are quick to point out if we get a soft feee kick. Not so much when they are against us or we don’t get a free kick.

Reactions: 4 users

Given the average position a free kick is paid should be roughly the centre of the ground, and the player in possession of this notionally average free kick gets the choice of either putting the ball inside 50 or giving to a player in a better position to do so….how do you reckon a free kick is not on average worth roughly the value of an average inside 50?

Free kicks vary in value obviously, but I don’t think it is too big a stretch to say a fairly adjudicated game last night sees the scores much closer together, if not with us winning.

If we were giving away tactical frees at certain points over the last 6 seasons then I don’t think this is being done to any great extent now, for an obvious reason - the stand rule.

The commentators are quick to point out if we get a soft feee kick. Not so much when they are against us or we don’t get a free kick.
Classic case of that was the Lynch one yesterday. He got a relatively soft free kick that key forwards from other teams have been getting all season but the talking heads were up in arms & almost demanding a Royal Commission.
Fact is he very rarely gets them.

Reactions: 4 users
Given the average position a free kick is paid should be roughly the centre of the ground, and the player in possession of this notionally average free kick gets the choice of either putting the ball inside 50 or giving to a player in a better position to do so….how do you reckon a free kick is not on average worth roughly the value of an average inside 50?

Free kicks vary in value obviously, but I don’t think it is too big a stretch to say a fairly adjudicated game last night sees the scores much closer together, if not with us winning.

If we were giving away tactical frees at certain points over the last 6 seasons then I don’t think this is being done to any great extent now, for an obvious reason - the stand rule.
I'm not disagreeing with you in terms of the game last night being closer if it was fairly adjudicated, we were reamed let's be honest. I don't think it was the reason we lost but it didn't help. If every single free kick was paid at midfield it still wouldn't be close to be worth an i50 because plenty of those free kicks would have ended up an i50 regardless of whether they were paid a free kick or not. The free kick itself is not worth an i50