Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

I’ve yet to read where anyone has called him a moron.
But you’re incorrect, as I stated before the key planks to our premiership were already on our list before Hartley came to Richmond.
Did he make a contribution to our success. Yes of course he did. Did he build the list, no he didn’t. Talk about rewriting history or not knowing facts.

And we’re entitled to question why if we want to. It’s not just saying “we should have kept these picks” or “blah blah blah” but if any of can see we had another way of achieving the same result in a different manner. We are able to question WHY?
Some of the rhetoric around the fact we can’t question a decision is woeful. It’s like when posters on here question why a player like JON was selected. Or Batchelor before Parker. There are plenty of decisions that get questioned.
And seeing it’s a supporter forum and a trade thread we’re in the right place todo it.

Once again, who has called him a moron?
There’s no hissy fit from me, I said judgement time should be at the end of the trade period.

I’ve just queried why we overpaid nearly 800 points for what will be a middling pick. And the picks we could have used will be diluted in value if we can swap them with another club. Or .They might slide a few spots forwards with other bids.
But there’s a way to go yet. Judgement on Blair’s performance will be had if we get very good deals for our wantaways.
You must have missed a few pages of this thread Willo. Harry and TigerPiss have been going to town. No dramas from me with your thoughts and musings, you're a generally considered poster. The list building I speak of is the Prestia's, Nanks, Lynch's, Caddy's of the era, not dumb luck but some years of thought and work. Query away, the outcome will be known in the fullness of time. There is always other options and alternate plays but I'm not one to get too emotional about each decision in isolation.

Reactions: 5 users
I could live with that trade too Sin, and its positive in that it gives Freo a 2nd 1st out of it, but also gives us those prized higher pics.

Freo can either take those picks to the draft or look to sell 2 1sts in this years draft for a future 1, or spread the risk and send 1 into 2025 and give them extra picks to potentially get Warner.

Thats probably the likely outcome.

Freo want 10 and 18
Tiges want 10 and 11 so it'll probably end up somewhere in the middle, and I like the use of 20, doing 20 for 30 is a loss in points of just under 300 points, but worth way more to Freo than if we gave them that equivalent points value pick (Pick 49). Another reason why those that are jacking off themselves over points value are wrong. Its an indication of value, but thats it unless you need them for matching.

Yeah I reckon that's about what it will end up being.

Reactions: 1 user
You must have missed a few pages of this thread Willo. Harry and TigerPiss have been going to town. No dramas from me with your thoughts and musings, you're a generally considered poster. The list building I speak of is the Prestia's, Nanks, Lynch's, Caddy's of the era, not dumb luck but some years of thought and work. Query away, the outcome will be known in the fullness of time. There is always other options and alternate plays but I'm not one to get too emotional about each decision in isolation.
Well it’s possible if the pages were stuck together. 😊
Some posters have a high opinion of Hartley some don’t.
I acknowledged Hartleys contribution to our premiership era. He did find some players who were a key to our success, but he didn’t actually build the list as we all know.
His title and role have changed since then. Has he made mistakes? Of course no one is infallible. Has he got some right? Maybe, some are still growing or as with the likes of Gibcus, haven’t had much luck.

But I’ll say it again, judgement on his total performance will be made at the completion of any of our trades.
I’m not emotional about it, …yet. I only have one disappointment, one query, that it looks like we overpaid for a mid 20s pick. Is there some other strategy at hand? There could quite possibly be. So my disappointment might be premature. I hope it is and if that’s the case, I will walk back my opinion that we “overpaid” and will personally email an apology to Hartley.
If he doesn’t have a strategy or we did overpay well then…😊 we’ll see what happens

I thought Prestia, Nank etc was all Balme's work?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
This thread Friday...
rose bachelor au GIF by The Bachelor Australia

This thread if the Freo deal lands
Worship GIF

• Haha
Just need Baker to agree to going to Freo
If he went back for family reasons, he'd not care which of the 2 teams he joins. Let's accept this before Sookthorn does another Ginnivan to the trade period. Another way to also say FU Clarke.

Just need Baker to agree to going to Freo

This is the bit that worries me. Can/will Freo match whatever deal WC put in front of Baker?

Given he’s out of contract, the club doesn’t have much leverage to push him to a potentially disadvantageous deal at Freo.

Blair's not a moron and deserves full credit for building a dynasty list. However he's not immune from *smile* ups. The Taranto Hopper deals look like big *smile* ups even though Dimma was pushing for this he had the ultimate call. Giving away pick 32 when he didn't need to is another *smile* up.

Reactions: 2 users
This is the bit that worries me. Can/will Freo match whatever deal WC put in front of Baker?

Given he’s out of contract, the club doesn’t have much leverage to push him to a potentially disadvantageous deal at Freo.
We pay some of Bolton contract and ask for more

You’re getting a bit carried away. He wasn’t the only cog in building that list was he? Others were involved and some players were on the list before his arrival at the club.

Hartley’s first draft was in 2010. We had some decent players on the list prior to him joining, you know like Cotchin, Riewoldt, Martin, Astbury, Grimes, Rance, Edwards, anyone else? Not a bad core group.
He played a role. But wasn’t responsible for building the premiership list by a long shot. He filled some key spots for sure. But he missed a fair few and his last few years with Clarke haven’t done much since our last premiership over 4 years ago. As a matter of fact we’ve gone backwards at a rate of knots.

I don’t know what a thuk is but anyone with an ounce of sense will tell you our list has gone backwards over the last 4 years.
A lack of ruckman, key position forwards, quick mids. Every position that posters have been banging on about for years.
So the critics are just about everyone bar you who haven’t noticed where we are now.

No, they’re educated opinions.
When you have the evidence of what the picks are worth in value when there traded only for the points value.
It is quite clear what each pick value is worth.
When you give nearly a 80% premium, you know someone has got an overly generous deal at the expense of the club they traded with.
If you can’t see that, I suggest you stop criticising what others can see. As quite clearly you don’t have much of an idea
Yes everything is easy from a key board.

Please make it happen. Then 6 & 23 for Rioli gives us an unbelievable hand. No need to be greedy and risk things falling through. Can see how quickly that can happen.

Reactions: 1 users
If Clarke accepts picks, 13 14 for pick 3,he would deserve to be fired as that's almost the same in points to move up to a top 3 pick.

Marty Clarke has had a nightmare first trade period. This will either cost his club Baker or pick 3.

Reactions: 5 users