Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Cummings has got Gws a end of 1st round comp.
By the time we get our picks for Baker and Bolton they will be in the early 20,'s
Where getting screwed.
View attachment 24505
Punishment for being against Laura Kane s push to change the draft rules this year. It’s like it’s just out of spite.

We’ll get a band 4 pick for JG.
It shows how much of a farce it is. Imagine another few UFAs in the mix and all of a sudden the majority of the 1st round are all compo picks. Geez the afl is a clown show.

Punishment for being against Laura Kane s push to change the draft rules this year. It’s like it’s just out of spite.

It shows how much of a farce it is. Imagine another few UFAs in the mix and all of a sudden the majority of the 1st round are all compo picks. Geez the afl is a clown show.
Of course we will. There's already outrage. If the paper work hasnt been submitted and compo been identified they use JG to swing opinions back the other way.

Reactions: 1 user
Cummings has got Gws a end of 1st round comp.
By the time we get our picks for Baker and Bolton they will be in the early 20,'s
Where getting screwed.
View attachment 24505
In the words of John McEnroe; YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS!!!

We are getting *smile* so hard here; no lube. It's actually outrageous. Our first pick in the second round; after the worst season in the history of the club should be pick 19 but it's gonna end up closer to 30 than 20. Just insane.

Free agency compensation picks need to go. It is compromising the draft more than academy selections. It's an absolute farce. You lose a player to FA then stiff *smile*. Run a better club.

What a load of *smile* this is.

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users
This is just the beginning of why I never understand people trying to predict what draft picks we'll have. Every year people try to predict for weeks on end. Yet there's dozens of total unknown factors that go on - right up until draft night.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

If we get band 4 we should publicly call out the afl corruption and demand an inquiry

Reactions: 1 user
At least we know graham definitely nets us a decent pick no matter what now the way they are handing them out like candy to kids. But *smile* the reward for finishing last is just pick 1 now, the 2nd round gets pushed out past 30 wich is utterly ridiculous
These picks are as much a reflection of overrating and overpaying free agents as they are of the system.
These guys are decent players but the money they are getting is ridiculous

Reactions: 5 users
This is just the beginning of why I never understand people trying to predict what draft picks we'll have. Every year people try to predict for weeks on end. Yet there's dozens of total unknown factors that go on - right up until draft night.
It's just a discussion during The Abyss, Redfoot.

But I suppose we were blindsided by the fact that the ridiculous compensation for the likes of Battle, Peatling, Cumming and Perryman has just about blown apart any sort of order and fairness to the draft.

AFL handing out first round compo picks like they're Oprah. 'You have a first rounder, and you have a first rounder!'.

Reactions: 1 users
Imagine if the *smile* at the afl came out with their valuation of compensation and the FAs new club had to pay that.
Do you reckon there would be an uproar over that?

“ Hey Collingwood, you’re up for your 1st round pick for Perryman It goes to GWS, now hand it over”. If you’ve already traded it out, we’ll give GWS your next years 1st round pick”
There should be an independent and transparent valuation done outside of the afl or Kane and co.
An independent board, which can have an appeal process if needed.

Reactions: 1 users
I can’t believe there is still about 7 weeks before the actual draft.
WTF have we got left to talk about ? :rotfl1
I suppose we can match players with real picks but we can’t even finalise that given the pick trading that can occur right up to the night of the draft.
It would be interesting to look at the number of pages of posting on this trade period and draft compared with previous years. :giggle:

Exactly. The only guarantee was Pick #1.

We are getting *smile* so hard here; no lube. It's actually outrageous. Our first pick in the second round; after the worst season in the history of the club should be pick 19 but it's gonna end up closer to 30 than 20. Just insane.
Pick 27 I reckon.

It’s about time the whole draft system was scrapped, originally a good idea but all the rorts like compensation, father/ son, acadamies, discounting and bonus picks for being a failure has made it nothing short of a joke. Have the salary cap rule what players you can and cannot get and reintroduce under 19’s for development.

Reactions: 3 users