Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Our trade and draft team would’ve had an idea how this panned out with comp picks.
clubs, player managers talk all year.
Let’s keep faith our team have a detailed action plan.
Schitts Creek Do Not Want GIF by CBC
Orherwise it will be fun around these parts.

Reactions: 1 user
Our trade and draft team would’ve had an idea how this panned out with comp picks.
clubs, player managers talk all year.
Let’s keep faith our team have a detailed action plan.
Schitts Creek Do Not Want GIF by CBC
Orherwise it will be fun around these parts.
Doubt anyone in the country was expecting Gee Whizz to get 3 band one compo picks.

Somehow I don’t think Jack is getting offered 900K a year. If he was we’d be pushing him out the door.
Seriously though…

after the recent AFL decisions around free agent “market rate” which are frankly ridiculous…..

I would be disappointed If WCE and RFC aren’t exploring this “loophole”.

The Free agent special secret sauce calculation needs to be exposed and what better way to fire up the conversation than to complete this trade.

Can you imagine Karen Korns head exploding 🤯 at the AFL decision?! 😜

JG being a 26 yo two time premiership player on 5 year deal @850k (Battle figure) should trigger pick 2……

Baker then goes through PSD.

Wet Coke Needles have the salary space, get JG, Bakes and keep pick from Hawks for Barrass to get Bo Allen or Hamish Davies…..
They keep 3 and 23 (or whatever it is now/later?)

We get pick 2…. (And it makes up for getting screwed for Bellis to Mould Coast….).

Win/Win….

The only downside is the AFL will block it or reduce the compensation to End of first round……. Just because they can as there is no tribunal or recourse to appeal an anomaly in the obviously “fluid” process.

The struggle continues….

Regards,
Stan

Reactions: 1 users
Seriously though…

after the recent AFL decisions around free agent “market rate” which are frankly ridiculous…..

I would be disappointed If WCE and RFC aren’t exploring this “loophole”.

The Free agent special secret sauce calculation needs to be exposed and what better way to fire up the conversation than to complete this trade.

Can you imagine Karen Korns head exploding 🤯 at the AFL decision?! 😜

JG being a 26 yo two time premiership player on 5 year deal @850k (Battle figure) should trigger pick 2……

Baker then goes through PSD.

Wet Coke Needles have the salary space, get JG, Bakes and keep pick from Hawks for Barrass to get Bo Allen or Hamish Davies…..
They keep 3 and 23 (or whatever it is now/later?)

We get pick 2…. (And it makes up for getting screwed for Bellis to Mould Coast….).

Win/Win….

The only downside is the AFL will block it or reduce the compensation to End of first round……. Just because they can as there is no tribunal or recourse to appeal an anomaly in the obviously “fluid” process.

The struggle continues….

Regards,
Stan
What’s to stop # lolnorf from taking Baker in the psd? They’re after experienced players.
Might still have to trade with WC, a pick that needs approval from the afl, (no Veale deal) but we could sweeten it with paying most of his salary and acknowledging we’d owe them down the track. Or trade one of our latter 1sts to them for a future pick in their favour.

What’s to stop # lolnorf from taking Baker in the psd? They’re after experienced players.
Might still have to trade with WC, a pick that needs approval from the afl, (no Veale deal) but we could sweeten it with paying most of his salary and acknowledging we’d owe them down the track. Or trade one of our latter 1sts to them for a future pick in their favour.
I considered putting this scenario in the initially post @Willo but it was already confusing enough….

Sure ….
Later pick trades as well as a salary share agreement….
All legitimate in the AFL spicy soup….
Maybe not for us though.

Just can’t see a downside…
Especially getting Karen more offside.

Regards,
Stan

I considered putting this scenario in the initially post @Willo but it was already confusing enough….

Sure ….
Later pick trades as well as a salary share agreement….
All legitimate in the AFL spicy soup….
Maybe not for us though.

Just can’t see a downside…
Especially getting Karen more offside.

Regards,
Stan
We can't pay as of Bakers wage- that can only be done when there is a contract in place- ie Bolton/DRioli.

WCE gets us band 1 compo and we trade them Bolton and Baker for 3 (4) and 13 (16?), and we give them back the Lions pick (20?). And we pay a lot of Bolton's wage.

With a good relationship between Blair and MC @Brodders17 I am sure there is a way forward….. even in an AFL microcosm.

Picks 1,2 and 4 sounds ok. 🤔
Or FoS, Lalor and Mick…..
Let’s work the system.

Regards,
Stan