Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

You forget currently we have Mate Colina waiting in the wings!!!!
Yeah the West Wing of the Epworth spinal unit.

No knock on the guy, back injuries are horrible and the residual problems you can get trying to return to "normal". Poor guy can't buy a healthy month let alone season.

Reactions: 4 users
I thought I would start a thread just purely for Richmond trade talk. Not rumours but purely for those we know are going ahead.

Blair said 6 was never be enough from the start.
On Tuesday he said 6 and the rest to get him to go north.
Not sure GC should be thinking about off loading 12 to Collingwood for that headless chook Noble he is lucky to be worth pick 112.
We will end up with 2 1st rounders this year and next or 6 & 12.

Reactions: 1 user
Why aren't we a destination club??
Surprised that Pleating kid chose Adelaide, I can understand not going to Footscary or Hawthorn but why Adelaide.
Mould stop growing there.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Why aren't we a destination club??
Surprised that Pleating kid chose Adelaide, I can understand not going to Footscary or Hawthorn but why Adelaide.
Mould stop growing there.
We are not trying to attract players atm Zips. All in on the draft

Chill. A lot of these players are being well overpaid

Reactions: 7 users
I’m trying to get clear in my mind where we could end up and based on media reports it looks to me like the minimum we are going to have is Pick 1, 6 (Rioli), 9 (Bolton) , 13 (Baker) , 16 (Bolton) , 18 (Brisbane pick), 21, 29 etc.
Plus any extra for Rioli on top of pick 6, the Graham compensation and whether we can improve the Bolton deal.
Have I missed anything?

Reactions: 5 users
I’m trying to get clear in my mind where we could end up and based on media reports it looks to me like the minimum we are going to have is Pick 1, 6 (Rioli), 9 (Bolton) , 13 (Baker) , 16 (Bolton) , 18 (Brisbane pick), 21, 29 etc.
Plus any extra for Rioli on top of pick 6, the Graham compensation and whether we can improve the Bolton deal.
Have I missed anything?
My best guess would be…
1 - our first
6 - rioli
9 - bolton
10 - bolton
13 - baker
18 - Brisbane first
20 - rioli
21 - our second
29 - freo second from soldo trade

With that hand I’d be looking to trade 2 of 18,20,21 into future firsts next year leaving us with 1,6,9,10,13,21,29

Only other scenario I could imagine is doing the baker trade to WC with baker and 10 for 3 and 23 with a later pick going back to them.

My best guess would be…
1 - our first
6 - rioli
9 - bolton
10 - bolton
13 - baker
18 - Brisbane first
20 - rioli
21 - our second

With that hand I’d be looking to trade 2 of 18,20,21 into future firsts next year leaving us with 1,6,9,10,13,21,29

Only other scenario I could imagine is doing the baker trade to WC with baker and 10 for 3 and 23 with a later pick going back to them.
We could end up there. My scenario was the minimum.

Have I missed anything?

Yes, but I'd like to see us try to target Pick 3 from west coast in the Baker deal.

Something like Picks 3 and 23 for Baker and pick 12. Or Pick 3 and 13 for Baker and pick 6

So would I but not sure the Eagles are willing hearing Don Pyke speak about it
Yep. Weagles got a lot of list rebuilding still to do. Bakes n fridge for some senior n finals experience, but then they'll want to keep as much pick value as the can to still hit the draft with.

Reactions: 1 users
My best guess would be…
1 - our first
6 - rioli
9 - bolton
10 - bolton
13 - baker
18 - Brisbane first
20 - rioli
21 - our second

Definitely hoping our draft hand looks very similar to this for the big night. 9 picks within the first 30 sets us up for 5 premium mid fielder types to start with followed up by 4 more right in the sweet spot for hitting up the best KPP available.

Thanks for starting this thread - very informative and helps explain it to us mere amateurs (y)

Obviously it's mostly speculation - BUT - I for one would love to see those selection numbers come to fruition!!!

8 selections from the top 25 kids in the country!!!!

If that isn't a transformative opportunity I don't know what is!!

As I just explained to the boss 👧..... as much as Rioli, Bolton and Baker are/were good players - they played their part in a succesful team that was bookended by greatness (Dusty, Jack, Lynch, Cotch, Rance, Grimes etc).

I'm a huge believer in the adage that KPP are the most important pillars of a team and assuming Lynch only has 1-2 years left in him (gee I hope he can come back fit and firing) we need to focus on recruiting the KPP to build the team for the future (IMHO)

No excuses when you have so many picks in a strong draft..............

Over to you RFC 🙏

scr
If Brisbane DO NOT give us pick 18.
We will attack every academy kid that have for the next 5 yrs.
Just tell em we WILL nominate Ashcroft with our first should do the trick.... They shud have to pay fair price for him anyway.. Best kid in it for mine.

Reactions: 2 users