Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Blair is after 6 and 13 from Gold Coast. This is not ambit. It's what's needed to trade for pick 2 and secure both Lalor and FOS.

Melbourne also want pick 2, definitely to get FOS if we don't take him at 1, and probably to get Lalor otherwise.

As Jack deduced, Jason Taylor almost certainly fed Mark McGowan the possibility he'd bid on Kako at 5. It spooked Essendon's Matt Rosa and he tried to trade up. He couldn't, and now Taylor is offering to do him a favour and take pick 9 off his hands, presumably for the pick 28 and future first he's also offering Craig Cameron for 13. He'll do the deal with whoever jumps first and pass the picks to Willy T for the prized number 2.

They say if you're sitting at the poker table and don't know who the fish is, it's you. Rosa has already gone for the burley. Does he have the experience to understand the shiny bit of that new worm is a hook? Let's hope.

Cameron has been hooked and thrown back so many times over the years he's probably been kissed by Rex Hunt. (Clarke doesn't even notice the bait because he's too busy nom-nomming the Lay's that fell from the packet to the water.)

Blair has several lines in. Nepo Walls is hooked on one, he ain't going anywhere. Blair's gonna let that line play out for now. He can focus on steering the boat to the sweet spot for Cameron to jump into it.

Cameron has a mouthful of Rioli-covered hook. But Taylor is tossing out some juicy turtle flesh.

Pick 28 and Melbourne's future first. That's the top bid for 13 at present. Does 24 and our future second top it, in conjunction with accepting 6 for Rioli? Would it have to be 20 instead? Effectively Rioli, next year's heavily compromised pick 19, and the picks we gave Brisbane, for Finn O’Sullivan? Is that a value bet, or over-commiting?

If Taylor wins pick 13, does 6 and 11 trump 5 and 13? Taylor will leak that he's after Tauru at 5. Will Will bite?

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 18 users
Geez. Sometimes you wonder why the *smile* do you bother debating on here? Dumb myths are debated, and quashed and put to bed, then they resurface as if nothing ever happened? Blair is a dud? What moronic stupidity is this? Did you sleep through 3 flags? Do you not understand the structural realities of the draft and the cap? Why bother?
Good morning Mr TS. Good to see you’re in fine form to start off the day. 😂

Reactions: 1 users
Blair is after 6 and 13 from Gold Coast. This is not ambit. It's what's needed to trade for pick 2 and secure both Lalor and FOS.

Melbourne also want pick 2, definitely to get FOS if we don't take him at 1, and probably to get Lalor otherwise.

As Jack deduced, Jason Taylor almost certainly fed Mark McGowan the possibility he'd bid on Kako at 5. It spooked Essendon's Matt Rosa and he tried to trade up. He couldn't, and now Taylor is offering to do him a favour and take pick 9 off his hands, presumably for the pick 28 and future first he's also offering Craig Cameron for 13. He'll do the deal with whoever jumps first and pass the picks to Willy T for the prized number 2.

They say if you're sitting at the poker table and don't know who the fish is, it's you. Rosa has already gone for the burley. Does he have the experience to understand the shiny bit of that new worm is a hook? Let's hope.

Cameron has been hooked and thrown back so many times over the years he's probably been kissed by Rex Hunt. (Clarke doesn't even notice the bait because he's too busy nom-nomming the Lay's that fell from the packet to the water.)

Blair has several lines in. Nepo Walls is hooked on one, he ain't going anywhere. Blair's gonna let that line play out for now. He can focus on steering the boat to the sweet spot for Cameron to jump into it.

Cameron has a mouthful of Rioli-covered hook. But Taylor is tossing out some juicy turtle flesh.

Pick 28 and Melbourne's future first. That's the top bid for 13 at present. Does 24 and our future second top it, in conjunction with accepting 6 for Rioli? Would it have to be 20 instead? Effectively Rioli, next year's heavily compromised pick 19, and the picks we gave Brisbane, for Finn O’Sullivan? Is that a value bet, or over-commiting?

If Taylor wins pick 13, does 6 and 11 trump 5 and 13? Taylor will leak that he's after Tauru at 5. Will Will bite?
Great post

Reactions: 5 users

Can we trade Short to Gold Coast for #13?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I also feel Blair is overrated, if he is so brilliant at his job, why is our list in such terrible shape.
This statement also has another side.

If he is so overrated why did we win 3 premierships? If he doesn’t get credit for that then he shouldn’t get canned for where we are now.

Reactions: 7 users
Good article on the Fuhrer's website by Nathan Schmook about Freo needing Bolton.
He'll pay dearly for it at mid-year salary review time.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Geez. Sometimes you wonder why the *smile* do you bother debating on here? Dumb myths are debated, and quashed and put to bed, then they resurface as if nothing ever happened? Blair is a dud? What moronic stupidity is this? Did you sleep through 3 flags? Do you not understand the structural realities of the draft and the cap? Why bother?
There used to be another online forum i was a part of, where the owner was notorious for his lack of tolerance of "quirky" posters.There was a sub-forum with a non-PC name, something akin to Wanker Wagon.
I used to think he was an arrogant ass hole. Nowadays I can see a point to it and envy him a little....There's a difference between good debate and people airing unfounded grievances repeatedly just to whinge.

Reactions: 3 users
Could we get Freo and GC on the same deal , yes these deals could be done separately, however the shuffling of later picks may help , so how about Freo get Baker and Bolton , GC get DRioli , we get 6,10,11,13 and 18 with a future 3rd going to GC and some shuffling of later and future picks ?

I understand the contracted tax , however in our current position I think 6 for DRioli is a great deal ,same with 2 firsts for Bolton as for Bakes pick 11 is fair value in my eyes .

Not sure BHs stance on not wanting to slide with picks , most likely just BS in the public forum , no question we’d be asking the question re pick 3

Reactions: 1 user
Good article on the Fuhrer's website by Nathan Schmook about Freo needing Bolton.
He'll pay dearly for it at mid-year salary review time.
Yeah it is a balanced take. The price is high, probably too high, but he is a contracted player and Richmond has every right to demand a high price. Freo can’t afford to not get Bolton.

100% the position.

Compromise? I was wondering about something like Bolton and 20 for 10,11 and 30. Perhaps the reason we did the 20 deal early.

Reactions: 4 users
There's deals that are balanced n advantage both clubs, We simply dropped the pants n handed Brisvegas the lube to make their task a little easier.
16 other clubs that can be dealt with for whatever various options come up, like trades of future picks.
Perhaps if we'd given Brisvegas our picks 51 onwards as well, we could have obtained their F1 as well n saved them having to scrounge around for the last few points they needed to get both Ashcroft and Marshall covered.
That's exactly what you said before, just using more words.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Could we get Freo and GC on the same deal , yes these deals could be done separately, however the shuffling of later picks may help , so how about Freo get Baker and Bolton , GC get DRioli , we get 6,10,11,13 and 18 with a future 3rd going to GC and some shuffling of later and future picks ?

I understand the contracted tax , however in our current position I think 6 for DRioli is a great deal ,same with 2 firsts for Bolton as for Bakes pick 11 is fair value in my eyes .

Not sure BHs stance on not wanting to slide with picks , most likely just BS in the public forum , no question we’d be asking the question re pick 3
That's kinda just the two separate deals though, Mr Chips. 10, 11, 18 for Baker and Bolton and 6, 13 for Rioli.

I think it's perfectly credible that we're not after pick 3. It's no good to us. Not for what it'd cost. Because in this 'even draft' we have determined that of the players available to us, two stand out: FOS and Lalor. Pick 3 would get us Jagga, Langford or Draper. We can get one of them at 6. And if we don't have 6 because we've given it to get 2, then we'll have FOS and Lalor and will happily take two of Berry, Lindsay et al than trading two picks to secure one of Jagga and co.

Yeah it is a balanced take. The price is high, probably too high, but he is a contracted player and Richmond has every right to demand a high price. Freo can’t afford to not get Bolton.

100% the position.

Compromise? I was wondering about something like Bolton and 20 for 10,11 and 30. Perhaps the reason we did the 20 deal early.
10 & 11 is not too high, Sin. His value is pick 3. Could you swap 10 & 11 for 3 in this draft? Maybe. You couldn't swap 10 & 18 for it.

Nepo Walls is refusing to release both 10 & 11 because he wants Bo Allan. He better work out who he wants more: Allan or Shai because Blair is not *smile* around. The price is the price or we keep him. At least that's his posturing. And I hope his steel.

On the pick 13 hunt, of course the other player is Collingwood, FOMO in club form. They simply have to be in on everything, like a 5-year-old. Their offer of Noble and F1 for 13 and 23 is the ambit one. Laughably so. They'll see sense if they want Houston enough. Are they his choice of the day? They might beat us and Melbourne to 13. That'd hurt Melbourne more than us, unless Rosa panics.

Then there's Hawthorn. They're not throwing lines in the water, they're chucking spanners. Trying to stun everyone. It’s a bold strategy, Cotton. Let’s see if it pays off for 'em.

Reactions: 5 users
yep Blair being schooled. watch him crumble with the other trades. He'll accept pick 6 for rioli with something going back and 11 and 18 for bolton with a future second going back.
While Carlton are on the verge of getting pick 3 to get Fos

That's kinda just the two separate deals though, Mr Chips. 10, 11, 18 for Baker and Bolton and 6, 13 for Rioli.

I think it's perfectly credible that we're not after pick 3. It's no good to us. Not for what it'd cost. Because in this 'even draft' we have determined that of the players available to us, two stand out: FOS and Lalor. Pick 3 would get us Jagga, Langford or Draper. We can get one of them at 6. And if we don't have 6 because we've given it to get 2, then we'll have FOS and Lalor and will happily take two of Berry, Lindsay et al than trading two picks to secure one of Jagga and co.

10 & 11 is not too high, Sin. His value is pick 3. Could you swap 10 & 11 for 3 in this draft? Maybe. You couldn't swap 10 & 18 for it.

Nepo Walls is refusing to release both 10 & 11 because he wants Bo Allan. He better work out who he wants more: Allan or Shai because Blair is not *smile* around. The price is the price or we keep him. At least that's his posturing. And I hope his steel.

On the pick 13 hunt, of course the other player is Collingwood, FOMO in club form. They simply have to be in on everything, like a 5-year-old. Their offer of Noble and F1 for 13 and 23 is the ambit one. Laughably so. They'll see sense if they want Houston enough. Are they his choice of the day? They might beat us and Melbourne to 13. That'd hurt Melbourne more than us, unless Rosa panics.

Then there's Hawthorn. They're not throwing lines in the water, they're chucking spanners. Trying to stun everyone. It’s a bold strategy, Cotton. Let’s see if it pays off for 'em.
So your of the belief we are going more along the lines of quantity over quality picks in the sense this draft is so even ?

While Carlton are on the verge of getting pick 3 to get Fos
They'll be in for a rude shock when he's not there.

So your of the belief we are going more along the lines of quantity over quality picks in the sense this draft is so even ?
No, I think it's a bit each-way. The quality is picks 1 and 2 (not counting Ashcroft and Lombard who make it a top 4 IMO), that's why we want both. The blanket then comes over Jagga, Draper, Langford, Smillie, Lindsay, Berry, Hotton, and maybe a few others like Armstrong, Hannaford, Travaglia, maybe even Whitlock. Sure it's a sliding scale and the first few are ahead at this point, but maybe not by so much on projection that it's worth giving up two of the others.

My take is we want to scoop the cream (Lalor, FOS) and fill up on full-cream milk (four or five more inside 25).

It's going to be tough work to get pick 2. I thought we were monties until Hawthorn threw their spanner in the water. Now Blair has to paddle like a duck on speed.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I reckon we should get on top of our messaging a little.

It's feeling a bit too firesale-y.

I'd be pitting Freo and GC against each other.

E.g.

'We're going to have a strong draft hand, and we'd rather not trade out all our quality.

If we get a deal for either Rioli or Bolton, we're going to be pretty happy to keep the other, and go to the draft. It's going to be a lot more work to prise the second from our grips, if you can at all. I'd get in first with a decent offer.'

Reactions: 6 users