Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

But if we don’t need 32 we definitely don’t need the later picks so makes no sense, pick 32 has potential value in that there may be sliders clubs really value, that is unlikely at 51

51 and 61 are roughly worth the points that GC need to be able to match Lombard at around pick 9/10. Just saying.......

Maybe Blair has a plan afterall and doesn't just sling *smile* at the wall and see what sticks.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Correct - given our likely draft hand we were never going to use those late picks to bring players to the RFC.
One of my issues as stated above is we kept later picks and sold an earlier pick which doesn’t make sense based on a deep draft and you point about not using those picks. If we don’t use pick 32 there is no way we will use 51 etc

Reactions: 1 users
51 and 61 are roughly worth the points that GC need to be able to match Lombard at around pick 9/10. Just saying.......

Maybe Blair has a plan afterall and doesn't just sling *smile* at the wall and see what sticks.
Nah, trade week is like a game of Tetris. Constant moving parts. Blair doesn't know what he's doing, let alone have a strategy. It just all falls like dumb luck in his lap given he just sits and waits to get bent over and reamed

Sooooooo....maybe leaving them on the table was done with a point, some end goal in mind?
Time will tell, all I know is that sometimes it’s better to keep it simple rather than hope your end game eventuates. I agree it’s interesting that those points are about what a Lombard bid at 10 will cost but before we do anything GC would have to have traded out every earlier pick so highly u likely it’s anything with them. As I said time will tell.

Reactions: 1 user
Our options wer kept open anyway as you get extra draft picks until you have a full list, the picks will only come in about 5 places as yes bids are matched but every bid blows the pick out by 1
Maybe I’m just getting old, but I’ve stopped getting worked up over things I can’t control, especially when I haven’t put in the hours to be 100% sure. Sure, I’ve got my gut instincts and ideas about what I’d do, but I’m not in on all the intricate trade talks, nor have I spent hundreds of hours analysing the draft like the recruiters. Doesn’t mean I don’t question some decisions at first, but in the end, you’ve got to trust they’ve considered all the evidence and have a far more informed perspective than we do from the outside. I reckon Blair has some runs on the board to be trusted. Fair enough questioning things but getting angry (not you in particular) and saying they’ve stuffed it, when there is a heap to play out still, is jumping the gun a bit imo.

Reactions: 13 users
So you wanted a deal that wouldn't give them what they needed. So no deal would be done. So no one gets what they want "but at least we didn't lose on the deal".

You and Dodoro, peas in a pod Maso.
There's deals that are balanced n advantage both clubs, We simply dropped the pants n handed Brisvegas the lube to make their task a little easier.
16 other clubs that can be dealt with for whatever various options come up, like trades of future picks.
Perhaps if we'd given Brisvegas our picks 51 onwards as well, we could have obtained their F1 as well n saved them having to scrounge around for the last few points they needed to get both Ashcroft and Marshall covered.

Reactions: 2 users

Don't be silly Blair doesn't have a plan, he is clueless haven't you read the previous 10 pages (Insert sarcasm emoji)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

51 and 61 = 394 points. 10 = 1,395 points.

Puh-lease.

We should have given them nothing, murdered their women and raped their men......
Hang on. Maybe I got something wrong there...um.....ah...
Beard Yes GIF by Vinnie Camilleri

..that's it....give them pick 32 and frolic in a meadow instead.
Come on General... Everyone knows you murder the woman and rape the sheep! Geeeeez...

• Haha
Puh-lease.

We should have given them nothing, murdered their women and raped their men......
Hang on. Maybe I got something wrong there...um.....ah...
Beard Yes GIF by Vinnie Camilleri

..that's it....give them pick 32 and frolic in a meadow instead.

Heh heh. Borrowed from the classic Dave Allen vikings sketch surely!
“You play your games. I’ll play mine” 😏