Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Thuk so many dumb people,obviously Brisbane had other offers ,swans are offering 19,22 for 13 that's about 700 points more and it's not seen as in front for pick 13.
Blair traded points we basically got for free with the mccaulife drafting.
So we really used junk picks acquired from 2023.
Poor opening sentence mate.

I don’t care what the swans were doing or what they offered for other picks.
I’m talking about what we gave up and got. Anybody who thinks that picks 32, 42, 45 are junk picks has little idea.
Plenty of decent players taken in the 30s and 40s. Saying they’re just junk picks we got for nothing is complete *smile* when you have them in your possession.
I don’t care when we acquired them either. That’s not a measure of their value.
People rave how deep this draft goes. We hand over picks like they’re worthless to us. I don’t mind trading up, but in my mind it’s not great value.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
As long as they’re not all the same suit 😁
bluffing season 3 GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Hmmm let me see, Blair Hartley Professional AFL List Manger, known throughout the industry as one of the best going around.
Or some unknown posters on a fan forum website saying he doesn't know what he's doing.

I know who I'd put my money on.

Patience folks there's still a lot to play out yet.
Funny, but that real good professional list manager is currently in charge of the list that won all of two games and the wooden spoon for the year, and now sees the mid tier of the list bolting for anywhere else. First thing he's done in trade week is smooth the path for the reigning premiers to access the best kid in the draft at a huge discount.
Running at underwhelming just at the moment.

• Love
Funny, but that real good professional list manager is currently in charge of the list that won all of two games and the wooden spoon for the year, and now sees the mid tier of the list bolting for anywhere else. First thing he's done in trade week is smooth the path for the reigning premiers to access the best kid in the draft at a huge discount.

Was also in charge of a list that won 3 flags in 4 years.

Reactions: 7 users
some fans who pretend everything the club does is right .lol
Gotta stay sensible noddy dog pi55ed off one. Having outrageous aggressive opinions is not good for the peace n harmony of the mind. Aummm Aummm.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
In
I guess no matter what happens from here you have to give credit to the Brisbane list manager. They effectively traded a future second (likely to be high thirties) and gained 1400 points to match bids. That is a magnificent result and n anyone’s books. Well done to that person.

Was also in charge of a list that won 3 flags in 4 years.
Fast becoming ancient history TT. First opportunity to start the rebuild was 2021 draft n that's in a holding pattern just at the moment. Tripped over his own feet by the looks of things at the start of our pre planned major assault on this years mega draft.

So right now, we have:

Richmond: 1, 20, 24, 51, 61, 70, 76

If we got:
Baker and Bolton for 10, 11 and 18.
Rioli for 6 and Maybe something additional in the 20s.
That might look like:
1, 6, 10, 11, 18, 20, 24, 29?
Package up a few of those junk picks for another academy or father son perhaps and get a pick next year.
Not a bad draft hand.

Sure, if you forget about the lists that won three flags built on compromised drafts, he's basically done nothing

Reactions: 6 users
So right now, we have:

If we got:
That might look like:
Package up a few of those junk picks for another academy or father son perhaps and get a pick next year.
Not a bad draft hand.
Pollyanna. How dare you look at the glass as being half full.

• Haha
So right now, we have:

If we got:
That might look like:
Not a bad draft hand.
Looks pretty solid to me

Surely those late picks now are to goldcoast for 29 in the rioli deal if they aren't id be sacking blair !
Maybe some of those 30s / 40s picks could have gone to Carlscum for the Campo twins n tempted pick 14 instead. Far better result for us n makes it a shitload harder for Brisvegas to access the best kid in the draft cheap.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe some of those 30s / 40s picks could have gone to Carlscum for the Campo twins n tempted pick 14 instead. Far better result for us n makes it a shitload harder for Brisvegas to access the best kid in the draft cheap.

Wasnt that the point of the trade from Brissie's point of view? Get points to draft Ashcroft?

Setting up seven picks in the top 25 of a strong draft, bringing in fresh recruiting staff, signing a talented tall for seven years and backing in the incumbent coach to develop a cracking young side with a clean slate in 2025 is nowhere near “asleep”.

I call it exciting, I call it avoiding no-man’s land, I call it a serious launch and most deliciously a huge middle finger to the competition and AFL.

I reckon we disagree.
Them 7 picks aint anywhere near bolted down yet. No choice but to bring in fresh recruiting staff when your recruiter packs up the kit n leaves. 7 years for a good but not yet proven great tall is overs. Also no choice but to back in the new coach after just one year with massive injury problems.

Getting prematurely excited there Night Carter, nothing good has happened yet. Reckon the rest of the comp will be happily laughing at your middle finger right now.

Wasnt that the point of the trade from Brissie's point of view? Get points to draft Ashcroft?
Puh-lease.

We should have given them nothing, murdered their women and raped their men......
Hang on. Maybe I got something wrong there...um.....ah...
Beard Yes GIF by Vinnie Camilleri

..that's it....give them pick 32 and frolic in a meadow instead.

• Love
We will know if Blair is the real deal if he has the stones to say to WC and GC we are keeping our players because you are undervaluing them.

I would prefer no deal to a poor deal.
So you're also agreeing that we should have kept our picks instead of giving them away to Brisvegas.

• Love
Poor opening sentence mate.

I don’t care what the swans were doing or what they offered for other picks.
I’m talking about what we gave up and got. Anybody who thinks that picks 32, 42, 45 are junk picks has little idea.
Plenty of decent players taken in the 30s and 40s. Saying they’re just junk picks we got for nothing is complete *smile* when you have them in your possession.
I don’t care when we acquired them either. That’s not a measure of their value.
People rave how deep this draft goes. We hand over picks like they’re worthless to us. I don’t mind trading up, but in my mind it’s not great value.
We have a highly intelligent high paid experienced triple premiership list builder who built these list in compromised drafts, critics here have thuk all information with thuk all experience in list building at this level,
So they are blind opinions.

Reactions: 4 users