Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Obviously. If your in favour of Brisvegas of course. Spud of a deal for Richmond.

So you wanted a deal that wouldn't give them what they needed. So no deal would be done. So no one gets what they want "but at least we didn't lose on the deal".

You and Dodoro, peas in a pod Maso.

Reactions: 2 users
Puh-lease.

We should have given them nothing, murdered their women and raped their men......
Hang on. Maybe I got something wrong there...um.....ah...
Beard Yes GIF by Vinnie Camilleri

..that's it....give them pick 32 and frolic in a meadow instead.

I mean, we've seen the "win every trade deal by being as ruthless as possible" strategy deployed by Essendon for the last couple of decades and yet people here still think that's a winning strategy. FMD.

Reactions: 5 users
So you wanted a deal that wouldn't give them what they needed. So no deal would be done. So no one gets what they want "but at least we didn't lose on the deal".

You and Dodoro, peas in a pod Maso.
In fairness to TM we didn’t necessarily need to give them what they needed. I could say we need 6,13 and 23 for Rioli doesn’t mean GC should give it to us.

The strange thing about the deal for me is that rather than give them 32 we could have given same value with later picks 51 etc given them the same value and kept 32 which will be an excellent pick in this draft

Reactions: 3 users
In fairness to TM we didn’t necessarily need to give them what they needed. I could say we need 6,13 and 23 for Rioli doesn’t mean GC should give it to us.

The strange thing about the deal for me is that rather than give them 32 we could have given same value with later picks 51 etc given them the same value and kept 32 which will be an excellent pick in this draft
This is especially true when you get extra picks at the end of you have list spots to fill confident need to keep those picks

No, but it does tell me that we valued 20 highly enough to give Brissie the sweetener of 32. Maybe we don't need 32 if we have enough picks before then.

We (PRE) don't have full knowledge of what Blair is doing obviously. I guess it could still all go horribly wrong but I doubt it. Wait and see.

See above.

Reactions: 1 users
Below are (were in our case) the points of round 2 draft picks and beyond. Besides Melbourne, no-one else had picks close to what we gave up (1,704 points). Melbourne would only be left with one other pick if they traded all these picks. GC need points themselves for LL and draft picks for Rioli and Noble. People are saying points don't matter to us, but they do to Brisbane. We gave them a big leg up for both Ashcroft and Marshall when we didn't have to. We are now left with picks 51 61 and 70 (433 points) which are useless to us draft and trade wise unless some one needs points. Had he given these besides pick 32, Brisbane still would have received 1553 points, and increase of 641 points. Blair panicked and gave up too much. They had no other option but to trade with us.

Richmond2,922
Melbourne1,703
Gold Coast1,338
North Melbourne1,270
St.Kilda1,019
Collingwood955
GWS910
West Coast900
Western Bulldogs824
Fremantle698
Carlton690
Geelong647
Port Adelaide616
Essendon606
Hawthorn563
Adelaide432
Sydney158
Brisbane155

Reactions: 6 users
No, but it does tell me that we valued 20 highly enough to give Brissie the sweetener of 32. Maybe we don't need 32 if we have enough picks before then.

We (PRE) don't have full knowledge of what Blair is doing obviously. I guess it could still all go horribly wrong but I doubt it. Wait and see.

See above.
But if we don’t need 32 we definitely don’t need the later picks so makes no sense, pick 32 has potential value in that there may be sliders clubs really value, that is unlikely at 51

It was always going to happen on this site.

The expectations for our trade haul have been so high and (from some) so unrealistic that there was always going to be criticism.

Wait until we actually start drafting players :ROFLMAO:
All those expectations were for the picks we thought we'd get for our players, nothings happened yet but it looks like it might not be real pretty. Breeze is picking up n there's a heavy cloud cover rolling in.

Does anyone know where I can get tickets to be a fly on the wall at these trade negotiations? Seems like a few people scored front-row seats to know for sure that we’ve surrendered everything and Brisbane had absolutely no other offers or no leverage.

I’d gladly pay top dollar for the VIP access some of you must have. It’d save me a heap of time to know whether I can throw my toys out now, instead of waiting until Wednesday when the trade period actually finishes.

• Love
  • Haha
I see your argument posh but personally think the premium was too high especially given we could have paid that premium with later picks and kept 32 . Seems you are placing too much faith in what others may have been doing we will see I guess

Lets leave it to play out. Maybe Blair has other plans for those later picks. Bear in mind like what I said on another post, whatever trades we've thought of, you can guarantee that everyone of them has been on Blairs board at some point.

Keeping picks 51, 61 and 70 keep our options open for the PSD and Supplementary draft if we want to use them.

In addition once Brisbane and Gold Coast and Essendon use all their draft picks for their Academy picks 51, 61 and 70 will come in 10 to 15 positions

But if we don’t need 32 we definitely don’t need the later picks so makes no sense, pick 32 has potential value in that there may be sliders clubs really value, that is unlikely at 51

Except maybe Brisbane wanted 32 for themselves or as trade material snd pick 20 got the job done for us. We don't know, but I don't think we just gave them the higher picks for no reason.

We don't know the reason right now, but there was a reason, as Mr Posh has alluded to.

Freaking out this early because "zomg we overpaid" on the basis of guesswork is futile.

Does anyone know where I can get tickets to be a fly on the wall at these trade negotiations? Seems like a few people scored front-row seats to know for sure that we’ve surrendered everything and Brisbane had absolutely no other offers or no leverage.

I’d gladly pay top dollar for the VIP access some of you must have. It’d save me a heap of time to know whether I can throw my toys out now, instead of waiting until Wednesday when the trade period actually finishes.
It’s the same place you get the VIO tickets to all the draft info for anyone who questions our draft picks (including many on here defending this trade ironically)

Reactions: 1 user
Keeping picks 51, 61 and 70 keep our options open for the PSD and Supplementary draft if we want to use them.

In addition once Brisbane and Gold Coast and Essendon use all their draft picks for their Academy picks 51, 61 and 70 will come in 10 to 15 positions
Our options wer kept open anyway as you get extra draft picks until you have a full list, the picks will only come in about 5 places as yes bids are matched but every bid blows the pick out by 1

Poor opening sentence mate.

I don’t care what the swans were doing or what they offered for other picks.
I’m talking about what we gave up and got. Anybody who thinks that picks 32, 42, 45 are junk picks has little idea.
Plenty of decent players taken in the 30s and 40s. Saying they’re just junk picks we got for nothing is complete *smile* when you have them in your possession.
I don’t care when we acquired them either. That’s not a measure of their value.
People rave how deep this draft goes. We hand over picks like they’re worthless to us. I don’t mind trading up, but in my mind it’s not great value.

What else would we do with them if we didn't trade them up? Once we get the picks for those players being traded out, we won't have the list spots to use those later picks? It was always going to be that those later picks needed to be traded, it was what we got in return that was important.

Reactions: 4 users
This is especially true when you get extra picks at the end of you have list spots to fill confident need to keep those picks
Quoting yourself?

You could have just edited the original post you know lol.

• Haha
What else would we do with them if we didn't trade them up? Once we get the picks for those players being traded out, we won't have the list spots to use those later picks? It was always going to be that those later picks needed to be traded, it was what we got in return that was important.

Correct - given our likely draft hand we were never going to use those late picks to bring players to the RFC.