Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

I’m a bit nonplussed why we gave them such an overly generous deal.
I don’t care about all the currency analogies and other stuff.
We gave them an extra nearly 800 points. Do we bid on Ashcroft? I suggest we do, maybe Brisbane wanted a guarantee that we wouldn’t, but we told them we bid where we rank any player. Hence the premium we paid. Which no doesn’t affect Brisbane matching if we bid pick 1 for Ashcroft. We only lost points value of a pick 20/21.
Could we have got that from another club? Who knows. Do we see a big advantage having the 2nd pick of the second day?
Did we give a premium to Brisbane as a sign of good faith prior to another deal coming our way?

It just seems very very generous if there is nothing else in play. But I’ll reserve my disappointment until trade week is done, or even to draft night to see the sum of all the trades.
A bit of a head scratcher but I’m not going off just yet. I’m sure they’re a smarter group with more information than us posters.
But if they *smile* it up, I’ll be knocking on their door
Thuk so many dumb people,obviously Brisbane had other offers ,swans are offering 19,22 for 13 that's about 700 points more and it's not seen as in front for pick 13.
Blair traded points we basically got for free with the mccaulife drafting.
So we really used junk picks acquired from 2023.

Anybody that posted we are getting picks 1 3 6 9 11 14 19 etc fully deserves disappointment, should never ever be done.

Reactions: 6 users
Baker uncontracted, PSD if Bake's no longer cares about WC compensating us.
We'd have enough cap space to take him in the PSD. We've got first pick. That ain't going to work.

One rule I live by in life is….
Never argue with idiots as they only lower you to their level and beat you with experience…

I’m keeping very quiet after browsing through this afternoons posts..

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
We basically gave up four $50 bills for a $100 bill and people on here think we're in front and are going to use that bill to get us two extra $100 bills. Awesome logic
Maybe if the $100 was a US $100 bill.

The points don't mean anything except when you want a father-son or academy pick. Otherwise the market determines their worth.

Reactions: 2 users
It might be something like pick 6 and 13 to us, Baker and Hawthorn's future second to the Eagles, Barrass to Hawthorn, Hawthorn's future first and Rioli to Gold Coast.

The easiest option for us would be Shai and Baker to the Dockers for 10, 11 and 18.

Reactions: 1 users
It might be something like pick 6 and 13 to us, Baker and Hawthorn's future second to the Eagles, Barrass to Hawthorn, Hawthorn's future first and Rioli to Gold Coast.

The easiest option for us would be Shai and Baker to the Dockers for 10, 11 and 18.
I think Baker should think about playing finals and premierships with Shai. Go to Freo mate. Great deal for us.

Rioli is looking tougher. We're not getting 13. Unless maybe we give Rioli and 18 for 6 and 13. Otherwise we may get 29. Don't think GC are giving us 2 first rounders for Rioli.

Reactions: 1 user
*smile* off ya *smile* smack

:ROFLMAO:
Hi Blair do you need some lube for the reaming you will receive next week 8 first rd picks was what the media were talking about u will turn that into 4 or 5 good work champ

Reactions: 1 user
we *smile* it all up helping Brisbane town.

Does that really matter to us right now?

For all I care they can win the next 3 premierships. Doesn’t matter to me while we are building a new list and not contending.

Gotta do what is right for us in our current stage of development.

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users