Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

Fair enough but also fair to say the club has let the ball drop these last few years with the recruitment of Dow, RCD etc. The appointment of Meehan. Allowing premiership players to leave for peanuts. Taranto and Hopper trade. Off field team significantly weakened. Not pulling the trigger on Dimma a year earlier which would of handed us Kingsley. The last piece of savvy business we have done was bringing in Lynch.
Let's hope Blair does pull some rabbits out of the hat and surprises us all
Which premiership players have been let go fur peanuts?

And do you think we should have sacked Hardwick in the lead up to the 2022 finals- before Kingsley was appointed in Aug 22?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
We basically gave up four $50 bills for a $100 bill and people on here think we're in front and are going to use that bill to get us two extra $100 bills. Awesome logic

Reactions: 3 users
Opinions are fine. But don't confuse them with facts. Opinions are there to be debated. Facts are a different beast.

When people start sprouting opinion as fact, then when being called on them quickly revert to "it's my opinion, I'm allowed to have it", I can't help but think they are hardcore, rusted on Kane Cornes listeners.
Or incorrectly labelling examples used to illustrate a point as being a straw man argument, which I must admit I find amusing.

So on that basis, let it rip I say.

Something that’s funny accidentally is still funny.

Reactions: 1 user
Its amazing. People losing their *smile* over this. Cant wait to see the reaction when we trade Rioli, Baker and Bolton.
We are trading Rioli, Baker and Bolton?
:oops:
Thats big news.
Well this will make trade week interesting!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
We basically gave up four $50 bills for a $100 bill and people on here think we're in front and are going to use that bill to get us two extra $100 bills. Awesome logic

So we went to them and said:
"So I like that $100 bill, what about if I give you 2 $50 bills". But whats in it for me they say.
We say, ok, how about we offer you 2 $20 bills as well.
Brisbane reply, "well this year that $100 is very valuable and other people are interested in it, so at that rate we don't want to make a decision too early".
Richmond "but we'd like to get it done asap so that we can and start trading for some $500 notes"
Brisbane, "then you'd better up your offer for this special $100 note, as other people certainly will pay more than its worth as its very special"

Surely even you can see that we had to pay a premium to move up the order, its the extent of that premium thats in question, but we don't know what we are going to do with that very special $100 note that we've bought.

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 7 users
"So I like that $100 bill, what about if I give you 2 $50 bills". But whats in it for me they say.
Brisbane reply, "well this year that $100 is very valuable and other people are interested in it, so at that rate we don't want to make a decision too early".
Richmond "but we'd like to get it done asap so that we can and start trading for some $500 notes"
Brisbane, "then you'd better up your offer for this special $100 note, as other people certainly will pay more than its worth as its very special"

Surely even you can see that we had to pay a premium to move up the order, its the extent of that premium thats in question, but we don't know what we are going to do with that very special $100 note that we've bought.
Blair’s notes on top of his first page should’ve been , “ Don’t deal with Brisbane because they have nothing for us “.

I see your argument posh but personally think the premium was too high especially given we could have paid that premium with later picks and kept 32 . Seems you are placing too much faith in what others may have been doing we will see I guess

We are trading Rioli, Baker and Bolton?
:oops:
Thats big news.
Well this will make trade week interesting!
It was always going to happen on this site.

The expectations for our trade haul have been so high and (from some) so unrealistic that there was always going to be criticism.

Wait until we actually start drafting players :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 7 users
I’m a bit nonplussed why we gave them such an overly generous deal.
I don’t care about all the currency analogies and other stuff.
We gave them an extra nearly 800 points. Do we bid on Ashcroft? I suggest we do, maybe Brisbane wanted a guarantee that we wouldn’t, but we told them we bid where we rank any player. Hence the premium we paid. Which no doesn’t affect Brisbane matching if we bid pick 1 for Ashcroft. We only lost points value of a pick 20/21.
Could we have got that from another club? Who knows. Do we see a big advantage having the 2nd pick of the second day?
Did we give a premium to Brisbane as a sign of good faith prior to another deal coming our way?

It just seems very very generous if there is nothing else in play. But I’ll reserve my disappointment until trade week is done, or even to draft night to see the sum of all the trades.
A bit of a head scratcher but I’m not going off just yet. I’m sure they’re a smarter group with more information than us posters.
But if they *smile* it up, I’ll be knocking on their door

I can’t wait to use the line that Toce is a professional recruiter and nobody here is so we can’t criticise draft picks on draft night. I suspect many defending the Blair trade won’t take that attitude when their favourite player doesn’t get picked at a certain position

People can criticise all they like it still makes it irrelevant to what the club does.

Reactions: 2 users
How can pick 20 get us two additional top 10 picks, I’m confused
Probably the same way it would have been used to the unlock the DRioli trade, then unlock the Bolton trade and then still be traded on draft night to someone chasing a slider.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Since Caleb daniel wont make it to kangaroos i would offer
Short + pick 6 for pick 2
Baker + pick 10 for pick 3
November 20 we have picks 1-2-3-11-20-24
Lose baker-short-bolton-rioli...
Thought's?

Reactions: 2 users
Thought's?
Add losing Graham, Grimes, Pickett, plus any other delistings yet to come?
We may upgrade one or two from the Rookie List. I’m not sure of the numbers we need until trades are confirmed.
We might need all of our picks coming in. Might upgrade one. Then see who can lure via psd

Thought's?
Great idea…only if it could happen

Reactions: 1 users