Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

We'd definitely need to nail all our other deals before going here, then there'd still need to be some sort of sweetener coming back for a bit of balance.
Still not my preference though as I reckon we need to hit the draft a lot harder this year than just 6 players n I'd rather we were picking kids in the 30s to 40s range rather than rummaging around in the bargain basement bins hoping to find a tasty scrap or two.

Reactions: 1 user
This is crazy talk. the AFL win by having a powerful Richmond.
It will take us a good 5 years to get back into the window at a minimum. Unless these draftees can impact in the short term.

Our 5 picks inside 30 a few years ago have not yielded much to date, we will have a great hand and it is exciting but glory days are a long way off and not assured.

Reactions: 8 users
HS latest take:

Richmond currently holds the prized No.1 selection and is widely tipped to use it on Sam Lalor or Harvey Langford.

But fellow midfielders Jagga Smith and Finn O’Sullivan are also in the mix at the top of the order.

MY take: Surely we don't take Langford at 1

Reactions: 3 users
HS latest take:

Richmond currently holds the prized No.1 selection and is widely tipped to use it on Sam Lalor or Harvey Langford.

But fellow midfielders Jagga Smith and Finn O’Sullivan are also in the mix at the top of the order.

They are throwing darts at this stage. No idea.

Jags or Foss. And feels like FOS has his nose in front after an elite combine.

Reactions: 2 users
HS latest take:

Could well be true , however Twomey saying it’s between FOS and Lalor has more pull I say . I reckon we have someone locked in , we just don’t want to play our hand on who we want at our 2nd and 3rd picks considering the possibilities of our re positioning our early picks .

Reactions: 2 users
Our first bid should be Ashcroft at 1, then call out Lombard at 2. Of course if both clubs play nicely with us - we can reconsider - its a very open draft.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Our first bid should be Ashcroft at 1, then call out Lombard at 2. Of course if both clubs play nicely with us - we can reconsider - its a very open draft.
Is Lombard good enough to be worthy of a " pick 1 " call? Wouldn't want to get completely stuck with an only decent player if we've called to early n Mould Coast don't match. Maybe we could call him at 6 or 10 or something n keep the match bid in a safer range.

Peter Bell on Trade Radio. They believe they have offered a very fair trade for Bolton especially considering the strength of this years draft.

• Angry
still want the Bolton trade to go first, then Brisbane and then use those picks plus Baker for North and Westcoast first picks.
then Rioli.

Picks 70,62,51,45,43,42, and 42 add up to about pick 6 so why should we give Brisbane all of these for pick 20?

Just trade for pick 20 with points to the value of 1200 (starting with pick 70 and up) which is 300 points over and trade the other picks for future picks if we are not using

them.

Just having a look at what points we might have to cough up for Brissy's 1st rounder, there is no other club with picks above pick 35 that would come close to what we can offer

the next closest to us are the Giants = 1026 points
RFC have = 1514

If Brissy's pick is worth 912 points, talk that we have to give up 1514 isn't right, we just have to offer slightly better than the giants, maybe giving them 1200 points and thus keeping one of our selections in the 40's.

Take it or leave it Brisvegas.

Reactions: 1 users
Peter Bell on Trade Radio. They believe they have offered a very fair trade for Bolton especially considering the strength of this years draft.
Sub Pop Good Luck GIF by Sub Pop Records

Just having a look at what points we might have to cough up for Brissy's 1st rounder, there is no other club with picks above pick 35 that would come close to what we can offer

the next closest to us are the Giants = 1026 points
RFC have = 1514

If Brissy's pick is worth 912 points, talk that we have to give up 1514 isn't right, we just have to offer slightly better than the giants, maybe giving them 1200 points and thus keeping one of our selections in the 40's.

Take it or leave it Brisvegas.
Obviously a lot will come down to how many cubs on the list Blair thinks is too many , however I wonder if pick 20 is a better way to go then 3 picks around 40 ? No doubt they’ll be a couple of sliders and some big doofuses available around 40 , I’d like to get a pick in next years draft from Brisbane if we are giving up so many decent picks , 40s are not junk picks

Reactions: 1 users