Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

They’d be screwing themselves over if we were to walk away as a result.

How do you think Dimma would react to missing out on his boy Dan because GC tried to be cute.

6 & 13 or Dan stays and you can deal with Dimma. Your choice

would people accept pick 6 and their future first? I would.

North Future 1st on the table.
Only willing to slide 3 or 4 spots in any deal for pick 2.

could we use pick 6 to upgrade to pick 2?

Reactions: 2 users
This trade and draft we will find out just how good.
Imo Blair needs to morph from Mr Reasonable to Mr Hard-ass.
Blair needs to develop a bit of backbone.
This trade period it’s make or break for him.
Our list management has been less than ordinary the last few years.
Here’s hoping.

Reactions: 1 users
could we use pick 6 to upgrade to pick 2?

100% we could if and when we get it, North will want 2 high first round picks this in exchange, they want to load up this draft by saying their future 1st is up for grabs. It appears no-one is interested in trading out of this draft.

Reactions: 1 user
and end up like Dudoro ?

No thanks
Wasn't suggesting he morph into Dodoro.

Blair's recent trading track record (Taranto, Hopper) indicates he has been overly generous - and that's being polite.

Blair's recent trading track record (Taranto, Hopper) indicates he has been overly generous - and that's being polite.
You may think those trades were wrong in hindsight, thats fair enough, but Blair was not overly generous, and got those deals done, which were important at the time. Sorry for going off topic, but this revisionism is annoying. Blair is a gun.

Even allowing for perfect hindsight, its a bit like the old 'I bleep one goat' joke.

Reactions: 3 users

Taranto won a BnF in his 1st year & cost a 1st & 2nd rounder. thats not being overly generous, thats a great deal

Hopps on the other hand .......

Reactions: 4 users
Taranto won a BnF in his 1st year & cost a 1st & 2nd rounder. thats not being overly generous, thats a great deal

We were competing with Geelong for Hopper, but yeah.

• Haha

Except Hopper was meant to be pick 18, not pick 6 :rolleyes: , (he isn't even worth that at present).

would people accept pick 6 and their future first? I would.

Gold Coast will not be trading anything out of 2025. They need all the picks they can get for next year.

They will be selling out of 2024 to get into 2025. Not the other way.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Blair needs to develop a bit of backbone.
This trade period it’s make or break for him.
Our list management has been less than ordinary the last few years.
Here’s hoping.
You're saying Blair doesn't have a backbone?

Prestia, Nank, Caddy, Lynch, 3 flags, and pre-empting everyone in this years draft by stockpiling future picks last year.

But whatever. Plainly some on here have no grasp of the business, and have never read Negotiating for Dummies.

Reactions: 6 users
Clarke telling Cal that Graham still hasn't made a decision. What's the delay??

You're saying Blair doesn't have a backbone?

Prestia, Nank, Caddy, Lynch, 3 flags, and pre-empting everyone in this years draft by stockpiling future picks last year.

But whatever. Plainly some on here have no grasp of the business, and have never read Negotiating for Dummies.
Let’s wait and see how he goes this trade period.

Let’s wait and see how he goes this trade period.
Well yes, of course. But lets also consider his CV with a healthy dose of reality, big ask in these post-truth times I admit. His CV is what got him into the position he is in after all. How many list managers have pulled off a deal like Tom Lynch and compiled a triple premiership list?

I suppose if you think he's a bum who will balls it up, you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: 1 users