Trade Week - Richmond Only | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Trade Week - Richmond Only

No doubt we lost 3 quality players but the point is we were on a decent slide and keeping these 3 would have made absolutely no difference to our premiership chances in the next 3-4 years. Perhaps we won an extra game or 2. We have turned that into 8 first round picks which gives us the opportunity to possibly find 6 A graders and 2 Elites that will be our next group of premiership players. Of course we have to pick the right ones but we have given ourselves every opportunity to turn the ship right around in one big haul. That is A+ for mine.
This is why those players are out, well summarised.

Dunno why some folks still don’t get it

What do they want, just adding Lalor to a team with Bolton and Rioli still in it?

That team is bottom four for a decade.

Reactions: 8 users
Its not just a full rebuild.
Its a supercharged compressed full rebuild at Usain Bolt pace.
4 years to get 4 top 10 picks?
We did that in one.

The beauty is we are already halfway into a reverse Posh rebuild.
The role players are in place.
Campbell, Mansell, Banks.etc
Potential top line defenders Gibcus and Brown.
We just need the cream. This year and next we fill up.

Reactions: 8 users
I'm still uncertain on trading up. I'm 90% convinced.
But can we get 2 of Lalor FOS Draper Jagga and keep 20?
I wouldnt pay anymore than 20 or at most 18 along with 6

If they dont take it - fine move on and pick best available

there is no Harley Reid at pick #2

Reactions: 2 users
This is the sort of deal many North supporters are saying is fair. Every supporter page is bias including ours.

6/10/11 ideally but settle for 6/10/18. Throw in a F4 it might get it done

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
This is the sort of deal many North supporters are saying is fair. Every supporter page is bias including ours.

6/10/11 ideally but settle for 6/10/18. Throw in a F4 it might get it done
That's not a serious possibility.

No wonder our club is choosing not to trade up if that's the sort of nonsense being spoken about as a fair deal.

Let North overreach for Tauru at #2 and we'll nab three deadset guns at #6, #10 and #18.

I know who wins out of that.

Reactions: 7 users
Just waiting for the AFL to bring in the rule 23b... that any club that receives greater than 5 draft picks in the first round must forfeit those draft picks that are prime numbers

Reactions: 1 user
You have to look at it from North’s perspective. They have targeted a player and if a deal doesn’t all but guarantee that player they will simply hold onto the pick that does.

I’m not saying do it, just that offering them a pick that doesn’t get the result they want is not going to get us pick 2.
That helps our pick 6 if North takes a player at 2 thats not really rated as a pick 2, means someone slides a little.

Reactions: 2 users
Now that I am starting to read more about this draft - it ain’t a normal draft, it’s being talked about as a super deep draft where in any normal year any one of the top 25 players could be considered top 10 in any other draft year. This crop doesn’t have a standout top 1, or 3 or even top 10. Quality runs deeper than it ever has before. Perfect timing tigs to have 8 quality picks.

So why do we want to trade up to #2 when the cost will be at least 1 less high quality player. Carlton did but their list isn’t full of holes like ours, they are contenders and clearly want a type. Just cause lolnorf are fixated on one player type, why should we let them get that player and another one as well, they only have one pick, why are we helping them? Previous years you would die for a coveted pick 1, 2 or 3 and wouldn’t think twice about trading multiple early picks to get one, that’s how we have operated in just about every other year but this year is different.

The only reason I can see for not selecting 8 players is the logistics of getting game time into all of them at once, rotating 8 first year players into a team will be a challenge but not an impossible one.

Also, why is everyone suggesting that one of our last picks be moved into a future first round pick. Again, moving a pick 24 in a super deep draft to a pick 15 - 18 in a weaker draft doesn’t make sense, you get a lesser player and lose 12 months development time with the club. I would only consider this if we were confident it was going to be a good future top 10 pick.

As you can see, unless any trading of picks really really works in our favour, I am advocating we walk away with 8 sparkling newbies in the hope maybe half of them become absolute A graders.

Reactions: 10 users
If 12 & 14 was good enough to get 3
10 & 11 should get us 2
1/2/6.
Interesting.
Would possibly give us all 3 of Lalor FOS and Smith...otherwise Langford or Lindsay or Allen.
Assuming Draper Tauru and Armstrong taken before 6.
We can still get Faull Whitlock and Hannaford and maybe Algar or Dattoli.
Would be a nice haul.

Reactions: 1 users