Tigers vs Bloose Gameday thread rnd 16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers vs Bloose Gameday thread rnd 16

Kemp - 36
Hollands - 33
Boyd - 31
Cincotta - 27
Hollands - 27
Cowan - 16
3 1st round draft picks among them
As people so often say. It doesn’t matter where you were drafted.
Vs
Mansell - 45
HRS - 42
Miller - 38
Sonsie - 21
Brown - 14
Campbell - 14
Banks - 13
McAuliffe - 8
Blight - 1
1 1st round draft pick among them
Until it does.
Average games for those 6 were 28 vs 22 for ours.
So bugger all
Median shows a bigger swing though, 31 to 14.

Big difference in who those under 50 players were and how much experience and quality they have.
So then do you want to go through both those lists of players and rate their game against their opponent as well?
Banks 32% TOG whereas Carlton’s player splayed the majority of the game. Where do you stop? Take Banks time out of the equation and there’s little difference between them. Add all the minutes each player played. FFS excuses. Average, Mean, Max, Min who gives a *smile*.

Carlton outplayed us for 10 minutes in the 3rd qtr when we bludged, slackened off, wouldn’t chase. It doesn’t how old you are or what pick you were drafted. That’s basic *smile* football.
Then they got a run on in thwart of the last qtr. No manning up out of centre, easy breaks from there.

Once again that’s basic football taught in U 12s .
You are accountable! It doesn’t matter if you’re a pick 5 or pick 35, or you’re 19 years old or 29 years old. The same rules apply.
Draft pick number or age doesn’t excuse you from not doing the basics. Kicking and hitting a target, pressuring the opposition or any other basic skill.
Take a look at FootyWire and see how many turnovers and clangers we made.
How many players with a DE of less than 61%. I’ll tell you NINE players.
How many player had more than 15 effective disposals. THREE players
Not because they were all low draft picks or were all very young. Their disposal was crap.
Look at the amount of I50s it takes us to score. To score a goal.

4 players had ONE tackle for the game. 5 players didn’t lay a single tackle. That has nothing to do what number draft pick or how old or young they are. That is pathetic . What were they doing when Carlton had the ball? Counting raindrops?

*spelling, damn autocorrect*

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Kemp - 36
Hollands - 33
Boyd - 31
Cincotta - 27
Hollands - 27
Cowan - 16
3 1st round draft picks among them

Vs
Mansell - 45
HRS - 42
Miller - 38
Sonsie - 21
Brown - 14
Campbell - 14
Banks - 13
McAuliffe - 8
Blight - 1
1 1st round draft pick among them

Average games for those 6 were 28 vs 22 for ours. Median shows a bigger swing though, 31 to 14.

Big difference in who those under 50 players were and how much experience and quality they have.
3 1st rounders??
Cripps
Walsh
Cerra
Curnow
McKay
Kennedy
Weithering
All 1st round picks

Has he ever kicked a straight drop punt ffs.
He could've straighten up 3 times to kick a basic 40m drop pass and he shat the bed on all 3.
He tried at 1 stage to go from directly in front to switching to kick around the corner.
And there's no run from behind chasing and no pressure if he dosent have the ball.
Hopper was slower then Graham today.
Running on a treadmil all day.
Fkkkk

You're supporting my argument.
No I’m not. Nowhere near it
Age and experience broadly correlates. 9 v 6 inexperienced players is significant.
And if one player “u/50” Banks played 32%tog. Carlton’s “u/50 games”played the majority. So that skews your argument.
And I reckon if you drilled down further it would get more significant. Banks, Blight, Brown, Campbell, McAuliffe, Sonsie all under 15 games, light years away from 50
Banks was the sub, so didn’t have much opportunity.
Blight did well for his first, didn’t he?
So then you have Sonsie, Brown, Campbell, McAuliffe. 4 players if you want to argue about.
Sonsie 21 games covers Hollands 27.
So we’re left with Brown 14 Cowan 16.
Nothing between them.
Campbell 14 Cincotta 27. Carlton’s way
McAuliffe 8 Boyd 31. Carlton’s way
So Carlton had 2 players out of all that. Big deal.

I was actually very surprised at how much the commentators went on about it. Umps missed a slight touched off the boot, not ideal but really, who cares? No impact on the game.
Was pretty crucial at the time. In the end didn’t matter but they got on a roll after that

Reactions: 1 users
It’s disappointing how far and how quickly we have fallen. We are a huge chance to win the spoon and if we do that it would have been achieved in 4 years since winning a flag. Has that ever happened so quickly before?

The club said we would never bottom out. Yze was even talking top 4 after he was appointed. Injuries haven’t helped obviously but it’s also obvious the club was delusional about the state of the list.
We didn’t bottom out by choice either. It’s strange times.

Reactions: 1 user
Might be just me but I still don't see what our game plan is. What we are trying to do apart from hugging the boundary line at every opportunity
Then kick it high to the goal square even though we have no Lynch and no classy crumbing fwds. Oppo defenders are having a picnic.

Reactions: 1 users
It’s disappointing how far and how quickly we have fallen. We are a huge chance to win the spoon and if we do that it would have been achieved in 4 years since winning a flag. Has that ever happened so quickly before?

The club said we would never bottom out. Yze was even talking top 4 after he was appointed. Injuries haven’t helped obviously but it’s also obvious the club was delusional about the state of the list.
Eagles got to spoon last year. 5 years from flag.
Took us 5 years from 82 GF loss to get to bottom.
So it can be done in 4.

This is the difference
Tarranto 700k 27 touches / Arces 380k 33 touches

Hopper 700k 25 touches/ Newman 450k 28 touches.

There are similar kids out there, Tocie needs to find them.

Kennedy is another and throw in Hewitt too

Hmm, cold Sunday arvo at the 'G with a bit of rain and a loss.

We were outclassed. Not outclassed by a rising Carlton, they have risen, no longer in the past tense. Carlton should be worried about letting Richmond kick 10 goals though, better teams will be able to score a lot more.

What frustrates me at the moment is not the effort. I think a lot of people think players are just standing around when they are too far from the opposition player to make a difference, if you are watching on TV it flattens the perspective.

No, what frustrates me is the lack of movement and the lack of providing an outlet. Carlton, along with any good team, have movement and outlets. I saw a fair number of marks in their forward line which were undefendable, why? Because a tall forward had run towards the ball and jumped, defenders are screwed in that situation. But I recall a very typical situation in our forward line. Player had the ball in the pocket just over 50m out. Kicks to a pack near the behind post. The pack was massive as everyone knew that was where the ball was going. Where were the spare players maybe 35m out in space? Where was a forward leading? Nowhere to be seen. Even if the ball still gets kicked to the pack, the pack would be much smaller because you are separating the defenders. Kosi took a couple of good pack marks and good on him, but that is a low percentage play and not the best way to set up.

Carlton players were on the move when receiving, they were 20-30m off the contest providing an outlet. We don't do that and I can't work out why not.
That's the stuff called a game plan n system. We still play ( badly ) to one that's ten years old n every other club in the comp knows exactly what we are going to do. The other clubs all play to the newer game plans which require lots of running and skilled chip kicks n hand passes to other team mates that are also doing lots of running and have skills.
We still haven't figured out how to do that stuff yet. Is that on the coaches or the players?