Tigers vs Bloose Gameday thread rnd 16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers vs Bloose Gameday thread rnd 16

Seen what? I don't know, How many? Dusty will have to play a lot worse for a lot longer before I'll be calling for him to think retirement. Show some respect.
Well, that would prove to be a waste of time.
No one is denying his status as a champion,but what's the point in playing him if he's injured because he simply isn't a contributor at this point in time. Hardly has been this season.
RFC has to look to the future now. Wasted the last two to three seasons not adequately preparing for the inevitable transition from being premiers to now bottoming out. It should never have been as bad as is now becoming abundantly obvious.

Reactions: 4 users
Trade out as many as possible is my take
Walsh and cripps running all over tge park destroying us and embarrasing our bludging ,ploddiing entire midfeild.
Bolton is either lazy or hopeless unless its all going his way.
Graham and hopper just not up to getting close to free running opposition mids
Dusty..sadly no defensive effort
Prestia 1 game a month
Dow...???
Ross ?

Taranto is okay
We simply must trade off all our old injured ex stars and hit the draft hard and free up salary cap and recruit hard to.

Reactions: 3 users
#1 takeaway from the game was Blight

If we could snare a LT fullback from the midseason draft, that is footy gold

Reactions: 5 users
We play a territorial game plan. Forget the man, we protect the area. Game Plan is flawed
Certainly looks like it, sounds like a dumb idea. The better teams are very precise with their ball use inside 50 so we have to make a contest by being right with them.

Reactions: 2 users
No I’m not. Nowhere near it

And if one player “u/50” Banks played 32%tog. Carlton’s “u/50 games”played the majority. So that skews your argument.

Banks was the sub, so didn’t have much opportunity.
Blight did well for his first, didn’t he?
So then you have Sonsie, Brown, Campbell, McAuliffe. 4 players if you want to argue about.
Sonsie 21 games covers Hollands 27.
So we’re left with Brown 14 Cowan 16.
Nothing between them.
Campbell 14 Cincotta 27. Carlton’s way
McAuliffe 8 Boyd 31. Carlton’s way
So Carlton had 2 players out of all that. Big deal.
There really is no arguing with you is there? You suggested Our list and Carltons were the same in terms of age and experience. They aren't. You're wrong. They have a heap of early draft picks in their prime. We don't. They are contending for a flag, we aren't.

Reactions: 3 users
There really is no arguing with you is there?
That’s up to you
You suggested Our list and Carltons were the same in terms of age and experience.
I never mentioned our list. That’s twice you’ve said that.
I refuted some posters saying how young and inexperienced our team was. I demonstrated there wasn’t that much difference going by age and games played.
Funny how we could match them for 2 1/2 quarters then go to sleep or not be bothered chasing. It wasn’t fatigue, it wasn’t just the “kids” “lower draft picks” or “a couple of games experience between a couple of players”., is what I was saying. What about all the other players on the field.
They aren't. You're wrong.
Not much between the two teams. I already showed that
They have a heap of early draft picks in their prime.
Oh early draft picks in their prime now. Or their midfield worked harder, ran both ways in the 3rd qtr in particular. While ours spectated, never manned up or closed down space.
You don’t need to be an early draft pick to do that. It’s called accountability.
We don't.
Taranto, Hopper, Bolton, Rioli, Vlaustin, Baker, Martin, Balta. Not a bad start
They are contending for a flag, we aren't.
I get that. But we didn’t lose because of our “kids” is what I’m saying and what I said to start with.

It was all the players across all age groups. Not because of age or inexperience.

Look at the game stats of some of the senior players. The lack of accountability. The lack of pressure. The lack of tackling.
That had nothing to do with where a player is drafted, or how old he is.

Reactions: 1 user
Not much between the two teams. I already showed that
No you didn't.

The facts are we had more young players, and our cohort of young players have far less experience.

And we have more old players. Did they have any 30 year olds on the ground yesterday? They may have but I'm not aware of any.

Anyway. Whatever you reckon.

Reactions: 1 user
No you didn't.
RichmondAttributeCarlton
186.9cmHeight188.1cm
85.2kgWeight87.0kg
25yr 7mthAge26yr 7mth
101.7Games102.2
Total Players By Games​
RichmondGamesCarlton
9Less than 506
250 to 993
6100 to 1498
4150 to 2006
2200 or more0
The facts are we had more young players, and our cohort of young players have far less experience.
And that stops them running or manning up, tackling or hitting a target?
And we have more old players.
Broad, Vlaustin, (amongst our best) McIntosh, our over 30’s. Nankervis next.at 29 10 months.
Did they have any 30 year olds on the ground yesterday?
What? So now if you’re 30! You’re too old. :giggle:
They may have but I'm not aware of any.
They have a few nearly 30. From 3 weeks away (Saad)to a couple in a couple of months. McGovern, Williams, surprisingly Cripps is 29 and 3 months
Anyway. Whatever you reckon.
Yep. Righto.

RichmondAttributeCarlton
186.9cmHeight188.1cm
85.2kgWeight87.0kg
25yr 7mthAge26yr 7mth
101.7Games102.2
Total Players By Games​
RichmondGamesCarlton
9Less than 506
250 to 993
6100 to 1498
4150 to 2006
2200 or more0

Broad, Vlaustin, (amongst our best) McIntosh, our over 30’s. Nankervis next.at 29 10 months.

What? So now if you’re 30! You’re too old. :giggle:

They have a few nearly 30. From 3 weeks away (Saad)to a couple in a couple of months. McGovern, Williams, surprisingly Cripps is 29 and 3 months

Yep. Righto.

Its a bit of everything. I think I saw a stat somewhere (from several weeks ago), showing our difference in scoring effectively in time on (it wasn't pretty), and yesterday was similar. The entire margin was piled on in 3 parts of the game, the last 10-15 mins of the 3rd, the last 10 mins of the 4th and the 1st 10 mins of the 2nd (which we wrestled back).

Margin for the game was 61 points, margin in the 3rd was 33 points with most of that in the last 10-15 mins.

Whilst I don't think anyone is saying that the kids cost us the game etc, its more around overall fitness levels, thats having kids, thats having players coming back from injury, add to that they used Cripps in the ruck in the 3rd essentially playing him as a 4th midfielder in the centre stoppage up against Kosi, it gave them even more ascendency out of the middle.

I don't think yours and snakes points are mutually exclusive, they are actually both right, but I didn't see a lack of effort at the ground, the effort was there throughout, they just tired towards the end of quarters and thats not been the 1st game where its happened and a more hardened running team like Carlton has overrun us. This happens with teams that are going for premierships and those that aren't and was a hallmark of our premiership years, but those aerobic capabilities take time to build up, and when coupled with the other things such as Hopper returning from injury etc, it was just all those components collectively impacting our ability to run with them.

Reactions: 1 users
There really is no arguing with you is there? You suggested Our list and Carltons were the same in terms of age and experience. They aren't. You're wrong. They have a heap of early draft picks in their prime. We don't. They are contending for a flag, we aren't.
And they have had very few injuries to key players which has allowed them the luxury of continuity which, in turn, has allowed connectivity to flourish - something that has eluded us all year.
I suggest Carlton are playing their peak footy right now. It can't get much better for them than it is right now.
They are stuffed if form flattens a little bit and/or they get some injuries, because they have *smile* all coming through the VFL.
They had 14 AFL listed players yesterday, and most of those have some experience at the highest level too, to our 9, yet we touched them up easily. They are a few injuries away from a straight sets finals exit.

Though it’s always a month wrecking thing to lose to beep beep Carlton , I actually thought the lads tried hard and played some reasonable footy , big difference ps was fir me a couple of purple patches where Carlton showed much more class then us and simply the ability to keep running , which is expected when we pretty much have a whole team that has missed a lot of footy or pre season this year .

Thing I took out of yesterday is that our best players were all past 24 years of age , Rioli, Miller, Nank , Taranto, Hopper and good efforts from Kozi and Blight , cubs again just meh , my point is I see us having plenty of senior footballers who can help the “ re build” and we have plenty we can move on due to age or persistent injuries , crucial to add more young talent as what we’ve got is a long way from getting us into top 4 contention

The issue atm is not effort. It is effort without the ball. That is where we are struggling. That comes down to fitness and want. The older blokes can't be bothered doing it after 3 flags and the young blokes can't be bothered or don't have a good training base to push themselves

It was clear at the match that the blues players could run forward into space when there was a contest knowing that, almost certainly, their bigger bodied, experienced players were going to win the contest. That confidence and connection was a big factor. Our structure and system was just not working as well or as consistently. This only works when the players get to play consistently together. We saw some glimpses but they were only glimpses. Lets hope we keep our players on the park for the rmainder of the year and we can have more glimpses and have a positive lead-in to next year.

Reactions: 4 users
we'll be a decent side with a few big-bodied young mids.

excited for the future and happy to keep losing in 2024.

And they have had very few injuries to key players which has allowed them the luxury of continuity which, in turn, has allowed connectivity to flourish - something that has eluded us all year.
I suggest Carlton are playing their peak footy right now. It can't get much better for them than it is right now.
They are stuffed if form flattens a little bit and/or they get some injuries, because they have *smile* all coming through the VFL.
They had 14 AFL listed players yesterday, and most of those have some experience at the highest level too, to our 9, yet we touched them up easily. They are a few injuries away from a straight sets finals exit.
Let’s hope so, and that Collingwood also bomb out early
I couldn’t stand a Carlton/Collingwood grand final,although one of them would be a loser
Either way it would be intolerable