Tigers vs Bloose Gameday thread rnd 16 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tigers vs Bloose Gameday thread rnd 16

I love Dusty the Goat but if the Tiges offer him another contract for next year then questions need to be asked

Reactions: 4 users
A 10 goal flogging by our nemesis - my how the wheel has turned, we had the best times flogging them for a decade now its their turn. Bugger it!

Reactions: 5 users
We're in rebuild mode. There is a very good reason for that. We dominated the comp and now we are paying the piper. Thats how it works. I could understand the tantrums in the pre-domination era, OTT but perfectly understandable, but not now.

Reactions: 9 users
Was fun behind the cheer squad for 2.5 quarters

Plenty to like. Structure looked much better with Blight in, leaving Balta and Kosi forward

No harm in losing to Carlton by that margin. They are second and we second last for a reason.

Reactions: 6 users
I dont know why everyone is kicking off about this loss. Were 17th playing 2nd, I hate the blues and it was hard to swallow, but cmon, I was happy we were in it for so long.
They have had serious cattle for 4 year and done F all, we have young guys who are learning and we still put it to them.. All our young players have showed great endeavour.
The difference in this game is the blues are a good team, and we are a poor team at the moment.
You dont need 18 incredible players to be a great team, they just need to be able play together well and its taken carlton this long to learn how to do that.
But theres nothing in this competition at the moment and no team is really ever that far ahead or that far off it.
I saw promising signs from some players today. We might not be back immediately, but look at hawthorn, I dont think we have to be down for too long.

Reactions: 11 users
A couple of things about this and the VFL game. We got slaughtered in the marking stakes.Some would say it was the conditions but the opposing side did much better.Seriously needs to be looked at if we are going to start the climb back up the ladder.Second thing shame Cumbo was not playing seniors.At least there would have been more interest.

Reactions: 1 user
I love Dusty the Goat but if the Tiges offer him another contract for next year then questions need to be asked
Yeah I was thinking it's best he retires at end of season, but looking at him now, it's probably best now. Grimo's just about there.

Reactions: 2 users
Wow. The floor below the cot is littered with toys tonight
Its chest deep with troll dolls, my little ponies, cabbage patch kids, those crappy bean bag dinosaurs you win at the show, he-man, skeletor and masters of the Universe, barbies, Teenage mutant ninja turtles, planet of the apes masks, walkie talkies with no batteries, its all there.

• Haha
My criticism of the current Richmond side does not fall entirely on the players - with a few exceptions where a couple of the former premiership players are coasting along which is unacceptable.

My criticism of this current mess falls squarely on the entire football department up to the end of 2023.

It falls on senior administrators of the club that became too focused on career changes and media hype about perceived changes of their individual careers, while still pulling good Tiger money.

The members, the Tiger fans and sponsors have been let down by those that clearly didn’t have a revamped vision for the future post 2020, and what was required to refit and reboot a side showing its age by looking around the AFL landscape to watch who were the movers and shakers on and off the field at other clubs moving into top four, premiership contention.

For four long years Richmond coaches and administrators pursued a patch it as we go along with some seriously speculative trades (thanks Hardwick!) believing all was well, while good people, including the next generation of coaches were leaving the club.

It will take courage and a new vision within Richmond to raise this shipwreck.

The band aide players brought in and have been part of the system for a few years now are expendable as are some of the experienced players who are just going through the motions. Trade or delist.

The few players brought in under the new coaching regime this year are looking like footballers from the get go. A big positive and bodes well for the future.

The off season at Tigerland has to be decisive, with a clear eye for the future as the side rebuilds. Picks have to be nailed. I’m looking forward to the trade period.

And a bit of hard ball played in the trade clinches wouldn’t do any harm either!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Was fun behind the cheer squad for 2.5 quarters

Plenty to like. Structure looked much better with Blight in, leaving Balta and Kosi forward

No harm in losing to Carlton by that margin. They are second and we second last for a reason.
Finally someone posting something realistic.

There were a couple of periods where we couldn’t go with them but watching the game live there was no way we deserved a 10 goal loss .

We stayed in the game with effort and that 15 minutes period in the 3rd was the game, 6 goals to a couple of points.

A mate of mine texted that from when we were 29 points down in the 2nd to half way through the 3rd we won the contested possession by plenty. We got back into the game through hard work and contested footy on the back of Taranto and Hopper at the coal face, but that is never going to be enough against a really top team and it pains me to say that’s what Carlton is now.

That’s what good teams do, they win by 10 when they should have won by 5-6.

The other thing that you don’t see on TV are the conditions, it was tough

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Yeah I was thinking it's best he retires at end of season, but looking at him now, it's probably best now. Grimo's just about there.
Dyl has pretty much already retired its safe to say especially after surgery but they'll announce it at years end.

People can make excuses for different things during the game.
But that’s what they are excuses.
How many times did Walsh waltz out of the centre square with the ball and not Richmond players within 10 metres of him. Did someone knock his opponents out at each centre bounce? In excusable. I don’t even know who was supposed to be on him, he was so far away from any opponent.
“Hollywood”Bolton. Spare me the people who make excuses for this surly selfish player. Good when he’s hot but often bludges.
As much as I love lil “Cannonballs” head isn’t in our game atm.
Cementboots Graham, his hearts in it. His legs ain’t. So *smile* slowwww. 70% game time 17 disposals at 47.% eff. 8 effective
Short. Not sure where he is. Carrying an injury?
Dusty. 48% game time. Disinterested or injured? 48% game time 6 disposals.

Seth Campbell. Not in it today. 80% game time for 5 touches, 4 effective
Tom Brown. Not in it today. 84% game time for 5 effective
Could probably name a few more.

Not too hard on the younger players. But the reading for some of the rest was fairly poor and put teammates under pressure.
Excuses, they’re 2nd we’re 17th. We’ll look at some of the players. They’re senior players.
It’s not that we fielded an underage team.
We were average age of 26.7. They were an average age of 25.7
We averaged 101.7 games they were 102.2 games.
We had 9 players with less than 50 games. They had 6.
Over 50 games we had 14. They had 17
Not really that much in it for age and experience. Too many excuses.

They executed better when it mattered. During the 3rd quarter, we bludged and went to sleep. “It was someone else’s problem” to man up, to chase. Same problem out of the centre too often.

• Love
There is a spine there in defence which is a good base to start least of our worries for me.

Reactions: 1 user