Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

Very sad for Troy and for the hopes of the Tiger faithful........ BUT surely the club now has to consider if its worth backing Troy or just cutting its losses, sure theres a player or 2 on the rookie list that would sell there own mother to have the oppurtunity that Troy has been given

A couple of points on this.

It's not RFC_O's position to make comments on this kind of thing unless he's given official permission to. The fact he didn't post a denial was fair indication there was some substance to it.

The person who started the rumour isn't a fly by night one post wonder and I'm sure he posted with the best intentions at the time. The thread has since been removed and I was waiting for the media release before saying anything about the situation on here.

Very disappointing that our run of outs with indigenous players continues. All the best TT. The demands of the AFL aren't for everyone.

Moving right along.

:gotigers

That is a lot of time and resource for little return.
We've got a new indigenous centre with by my count only one indigenous player on the list (Edwards).

Roberts
Gilligan
Tambling
Taylor

all gone in 12 months..not great.

Obviously Troy is a young man in a lot of turmoil . Before we make too many conclusions it's worth remembering that none of us really know what these issues are.
IMO given the time of the year , there is absolutely no point in doing anything else right now apart from supporting him the best way the Club can and then he and the Club make a decision on his future before the list lodgement and draft later this year.
From the article that appears to be what they are doing .

All the noise was he was "in a good place", "enjoying football" and that family had come down to join him. Coburg performances where looking promising and that with Gtiffo TT and Jack we would have a formidable forward line.

Now gone AWAL, for "personal" reasons 1 round into the 2011 season. Just doesn’t add up!.

Tiger Ghost said:
Very sad for Troy and for the hopes of the Tiger faithful........ BUT surely the club now has to consider if its worth backing Troy or just cutting its losses, sure theres a player or 2 on the rookie list that would sell there own mother to have the oppurtunity that Troy has been given
I suppose it depends on the circumstances. It may be a genuine reason (family member died or something)

It might pay to wait a little. There's no rush to promote another rookie. Plenty of kids getting a go at the moment.

rosy23 said:
A couple of points on this.

It's not RFC_O's position to make comments on this kind of thing unless he's given official permission to. The fact he didn't post a denial was fair indication there was some substance to it.

The person who started the rumour isn't a fly by night one post wonder and I'm sure he posted with the best intentions at the time. The thread has since been removed and I was waiting for the media release before saying anything about the situation on here.

Very disappointing that our run of outs with indigenous players continues. All the best TT. The demands of the AFL aren't for everyone.

Moving right along.

:gotigers

Still don't understand why the rumour was removed. If it was from a informed source and since it has since been approved correct, isn't that the idea behind the rumour board?

What is it with Aboriginal players and Richmond! Andy Krakouer, goes to jail, now playing well at Pies, Relton Roberts going home, now Troy Taylor going home for the second time. Why do these players waste our time and resources. Is there something wrong with our club that these players don't want to hang around? :mad: Grrrr, starting to pi$$ me off.

evo said:
I suppose it depends on the circumstances. It may be a genuine reason (family member died or something)

It might pay to wait a little. There's no rush to promote another rookie. Plenty of kids getting a go at the moment.

Agreed!

evo said:

Dont we want players that can commit to the club? Should we make exceptions just because Troy is indigenous? Is that fair to the rest of the group?

I'd love nothing more than to see Troy make it he's a talent, but if he doesnt have his heart in it should the club keep hitting there head against a wall?

SCOOP said:
Still don't understand why the rumour was removed.  If it was from a informed source and since it has since been approved correct, isn't that the idea behind the rumour board? 

It was removed by request.  Perfectly reasonable to oblige imo.

Tiger Ghost said:
Dont we want players that can commit to the club? Should we make exceptions just because Troy is indigenous? Is that fair to the rest of the group?

From memory one of the rubs on Dimma when he went for the Bomber job was that he shared the same line of thinking as you.
Everyone should be treated the same.
Now he barely has any indigenous players on his list.
Not casting dispersions but there's some correlation there even if it means nothing.

evo said:

The article says though "He will spend this time away from the Club and make a decision on whether he wants to continue his AFL career."

I don't think he would need to decide whether or not to continue an AFL career, if it was something like a family member dying.

Tiger Ghost said:
I would say the same thing if it was say Connors or Edwards. We have already invested quite a lot in him. I realise it is disapointing that yet another aboriginal pick seems to be going awry but lets not be hasty - we don't even know why he has taken a leave of absence yet.

Tigertool said:
I don't think he would need to decide whether or not to continue an AFL career, if it was something like a family member dying.
Possibly. Maybe he has had a mini nervous breakdown or something. Who knows.

All I'm saying is there is no rush to immediately delist him. Clearly he has talent. What's the rush?

rosy23 said:
It was removed by request. Perfectly reasonable to oblige imo.

You shouldn't have to bow to Richmond Football Club's demands everytime Rosy and this is an independent website from the club. Surely the rumour file is for rumours and removing it only makes it looks like there is even more to it. I don't see the point.

shawry said:
You shouldn't have to bow to Richmond Football Club's demands everytime Rosy and this is an independent website from the club. Surely the rumour file is for rumours and removing it only makes it looks like there is even more to it. I don't see the point.

Agree entirely. If this site is being censored by the club it's a bit disappointing.

shawry said:

Good spruik shawry but the club didn't request the thread be removed. The poster who started it did. He's perfectly within his rights to do so. I'll make a decision if the club makes any requests. They rarely do and they aren't bowed to every time. If they are damaging to the club they'll go.

Tigers of Old said:
Agree entirely. If this site is being censored by the club it's a bit disappointing.

Do you have any reason whatsoever to suspect the site is being censored by the club? Fact is it isn't and that kind of comment is what is disappointing.