Tiger troy Taylor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger troy Taylor

rosy23 said:
That's interesting. The article I read claim he's been charged with one count of assault.

maybe its like the magic bullet theory....one punch took out three guys :hihi

rosy23 said:
That's interesting. The article I read claimed he's been charged with one count of assault.

Yup something similar here Roses. I haven't seen the actual police report so have to go on what's in the media but so far things are still pretty sketchy. He has been charged over his INVOLVEMENT is what I read. I understand the interest in this topic but what I'm reading is the same old posters trotting out the same old tired lines and trying to drag the club's reputation down before it's had a chance to put any kind of a stamp on 2010.

I'd really like to see the club turn this one around. They've got a great chance to teach CFC (and the AFL) how you deal with a situation like this. They've started right by being up-front and honest about it, not brushing it under the carpet. Next thing is to take young Taylor under their wing and give him all the support he needs and some positive role models. This could actually be real win for us if it is handled correctly. Lets hope it works out well and Taylor gets the chance to show us all the football skills we've heard so much about.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Something you get when you're out to protect the brand rather than expose the offender(s).

We may have gotten away with it, I don't think Hutchies due back from the US to hide in the PR bins until early March

TigerForce said:
I'm looking forward to seeing how an 18 year old can assault 3 adult men near middle age.

Wouldn't be surprised TT was provoked in some way and I reckon he'll be found not guilty.
I`d use the word "men" very loosely when describing these "men".

Fair dinkum,3 grown "men" get jobbed by an 18 year old kid and then tell on him to the police.

Men don`t act like that where i`m from.

michael roach said:
I`d use the word "men" very loosely when describing these "men".

Fair dinkum,3 grown "men" get jobbed by an 18 year old kid and then tell on him to the police.

Men don`t act like that where i`m from.

Noone knows if the allegations are correct but if the situation did eventuate the way the media has reported it and I got punched in the face by someone who gatecrashed my party and could easily identify them then I would be straight down the cop shop.

Tiger74 said:
you claimed people were defending "an indefensible action". So far he hasn't been convicted of anything, so what is this indefensible action everyone is defending? what they are defending is a guy's right to a hearing. once that is done justice will have its say, but until then the eager beavers with the gallows should wait.

I think the point is the guy professed to be wanting to turn his life around, he admitted he had been caught up in the wrong crowd and was easily led and was looking to a fresh start. Within weeks of getting that big opportunity he has placed himself in a vulnerable position and lacked the ability to handle the situation. I think JB03 makes some good points - he has criticised the kids decision to put himself in a vulnerable position not found him guilty of assault (which would merely exaggerate the original poor decision)

I hope any charge is dismissed and the kids get another chance - and grabs it with both hands

RoryBaby said:
Troy was drafted on 26 November 2009 & the alleged offence occurred on 31 December 2009 whilst he was on leave. He has therefore been under the employment of the club for less than a month given the xmas break so any reasonable person would assume that he is responsible for his own actions - not the club.

To compare to Didak & Cousins, who have been in the system for many years, is laughable.

No! What is laughable is how people like you make excuses time after time for actions that are unacceptable!

This is a total joke, and one again the RFC has fallen way short of the mark due to the actions of an individual. It drags the whole club down, and until the riot act is read loud and clear, these types of incidents will continue.

It still amazes me that supporters make excuse after excuse for rubbish actions. In fact it makes me sick!

I don't think the club has been dragged down in any way SP.  The kid's behaviour was nothing to do with RFC and the official comments about Troy living with the consequences of his actions, and the fact we'll support him, reflect well on us imo.

Spanish Prisoner said:
No! What is laughable is how people like you make excuses time after time for actions that are unacceptable!

This is a total joke, and one again the RFC has fallen way short of the mark due to the actions of an individual. It drags the whole club down, and until the riot act is read loud and clear, these types of incidents will continue.

It still amazes me that supporters make excuse after excuse for rubbish actions. In fact it makes me sick!

:hihi

Spanish Prisoner said:

Sorry SP, but I fail to see how the club can be held accountable at this early stage in regards to Troy. He'd only been in the system for what, a couple of months?
As others have said, the club has responded to the recent events well, and this incident reflects badly on the individual rather than the club.
Had the club been breeding/nuturing this type of behaviour (ala Carlton), then that would be a different story.

Spanish Prisoner said:

i blame richard tambling. this would never have happened if we drafted franklin.

SP has a point, a club rightly or wrongly is defined by the actions of its players. Troy obviously has a history of letting his fists talk for him and he obvioulsy needs some guidance in controland discipline and perhaps to address some root causes. he is young so hopefully he gets a chance to address those issues and play some good footy with Richmond.

In Troy's favour is that he actually confronts people rather than inanimate objects and it appears he can actually look after himself. Perhaps not quite like the role models listed below:

1. On December 20, 2008 Hawthorn's Brent Renouf jumped on two parked cars while drunk at Burwood Road in Hawthorn, shattering the back windscreen of one of them. Police charged him with criminal damage; Hawthorn suspended him for two matches and fined him $5,000

2. Sept 2009 - Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson has been given a suspended $5000 fine for his on-field behaviour following the conclusion of last weekend's fiery clash against Essendon at the MCG.
Clarkson reacted angrily towards Essendon players and had to be restrained after Bombers skipper Matthew Lloyd knocked out Brad Sewell with a vicious bump that saw the spearhead given a four-match suspension and left Sewell with a fractured cheek and eye-socket.
Clarkson was found to be in breach of AFL Player Rule 29.1 in that he acted in a threatening or aggressive manner towards another player and his suspended fine will be in place until the end of the 2011 season.

3. Campbell Brown was charged with criminal damage and using indecent language offences stemming from his attack on an out of order 7-Eleven ATM. He pleaded guilty to the charges and was placed into a diversionary program for young offenders.

4. Peter Everitt’s family was being torn apart in a bitter feud over claims he swindled his sister out of her life savings. Everitt's younger sister, Linda, was threatening legal action against the Hawthorn star, accusing him of conning her into buying a failing juice-bar business

5. Jarryd Roughead has his licence suspended for a year after being caught speeding.

6. Lance Franklin was punched in the face during in a pub brawl in Perth in 2009.

7. Hawthorn's Mark Williams was convicted of unlicensed driving in 2006.

8. Sam Mitchell involved in an altercation in a Hawthorn hotel on December 4 2006

Spanish Prisoner said:

Do you speak the English, Senor? I didn't make excuses - what I said is Troy is responsible for his own actions.

Spanish Prisoner said:

do you expect the club to punish TT before he faces trial and even gets a conviction?

we has been charged, and will now front the court. the club will be able to act once guilt has been determined as only then will the facts of the incident be determined.

This is not Soviet Russia, we like to confirm guilt before dishing out the punishments.