Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

I'm playing Devils advocate because surely he's a delist, but what would it take from Dow's last few games to change the PRE opinion?
At a minimum he’d need to be BOG in every game. However, if he continues to pray at his current level the club will still give him another 2 year extension, because that now seems to be how we’re run.

it's a farce this bloke is getting games despite the dearth of onballers on the list.

Reactions: 1 user
He stops when he expects a free kick.
Absolutely stops.
Hate this attitude

Reactions: 1 users
Just benchmarking duds. Dow is a very unusual player. He's not an inside mid. He's a pickpocket. He doesn't hit the contest he sags off a little then slinks in to pick off the crumb. He then often lays off a very incisive handball. Edwards like at times. That's his A game.

When there is no crumb to pick off he rarely gets it. And he leaves a big hole undefended for them to get out. The hole. We see it every time he plays. We leak at stoppage through this hole. The Dow Hole.

He's worked on the Hole. And he's failed. Can't defend it. That's career.

Alex Davies is super dumb. OMG dumb. Watch the way he charges into contest. He's not sagging. He's at it. He doesn't usually get the ball. But he's hit the Hole. They don't get out. He closes holes. At stoppage. Dow can't do that. That's career.

If Davies could handball the way Dow does he'd make a player. But eh. He won't either.

Reactions: 9 users
I would hope we can move past dow by seasons end, reality is we had 4 fit listed players last week, we simply dont have a lot of options..

Im in the camp that our list is not in bad shape considering the dynasty, retirements etc. Weve had an enormous amount of injuries to key players, we need this resolved ASAP to be any chance in 1, 2 or 5 years time.

Development and fitness areas need to be improved ASAP, if we can draft well and keep majority of list on field in '25 we should see a decent bump imo.

Reactions: 2 users
I would hope we can move past dow by seasons end, reality is we had 4 fit listed players last week, we simply dont have a lot of options..

Im in the camp that our list is not in bad shape considering the dynasty, retirements etc. Weve had an enormous amount of injuries to key players, we need this resolved ASAP to be any chance in 1, 2 or 5 years time.

Development and fitness areas need to be improved ASAP, if we can draft well and keep majority of list on field in '25 we should see a decent bump imo.

I was expecting a re-signing, but I think it depends on what happens in the trade / draft period. In reality he should be the last 1 on the list re-signed. I mean if we have a fit list and a bunch of high end draftees joining this year, we probably don't need him. We have TT, Hopper and Ross as the bulls, Shai plays through there, we have Kmac2 and then the new draftees, and thats without thinking of others that might slide through there, Both Rioli's, maybe Smith, maybe Green etc. Dow really should be either signed as insurance or gone if we also bring in a midfielder from another club plus some high end draftees.

Reactions: 1 user
I have just listened to Tim Livingstone's talk on Talking Tigers and it seems as though the coaching group see something in Dow that he continually fails so show on match day. He has to have something on the MC

• Angry
  • Wow
I have just listened to Tim Livingstone's talk on Talking Tigers and it seems as though the coaching group see something in Dow that he continually fails so show on match day. He has to have something on the MC
I listened to that too and whilst you never know, i
thought by and large it was complete gibberish from Livvo.

Dow had 3 kicks from something like 92 TOG last week. 3 kicks. Ffs.

He's averaging 5.5 kicks a game for the whole season. Cmon Livvo. Let's keep it real buddy.

Reactions: 3 users
It must be said that recruiters and managers and media nuffies and coaches see the same *smile* we see. And sometimes we are right and they are wrong. Probably more than sometimes.