Thomson Dow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thomson Dow

I have just listened to Tim Livingstone's talk on Talking Tigers and it seems as though the coaching group see something in Dow that he continually fails so show on match day. He has to have something on the MC
Think you just found the issue on why we suck.

Reactions: 1 user
Shouldn’t be playing. I think he is delist material. I was desperate for him to make it but he can’t kick.

This was the perfect game to play Bauer.

Will now be forced to play Balta forward.

Reactions: 4 users
Shouldn’t be playing. I think he is delist material. I was desperate for him to make it but he can’t kick.

This was the perfect game to play Bauer.

Will now be forced to play Balta forward.
I knew this thread would be busy and for the reason mentioned above.
It's insane doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Play Bauer!

Reactions: 2 users
I was expecting a re-signing, but I think it depends on what happens in the trade / draft period. In reality he should be the last 1 on the list re-signed. I mean if we have a fit list and a bunch of high end draftees joining this year, we probably don't need him. We have TT, Hopper and Ross as the bulls, Shai plays through there, we have Kmac2 and then the new draftees, and thats without thinking of others that might slide through there, Both Rioli's, maybe Smith, maybe Green etc. Dow really should be either signed as insurance or gone if we also bring in a midfielder from another club plus some high end draftees.
Even if it means we go into season 2025 with a vacant spot on the list we shouldn’t resign Dow. A blank is better than Dow at this point.

Reactions: 1 users
He gets another game .................heh heh heh.

Worst part is they will re sign the spud for another 3 years.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Lack of midfielders to choose from. It's like a choice between him and Sonsie particularly with a seeming desire to play McAuliffe in VFL atm.
I agree there is a lack of mids but would rather either of the other 2 to have a go instead there instead as they have a contract to run. Dow should be delisted at season's end.

I agree there is a lack of mids but would rather either of the other 2 to have a go instead there instead as they have a contract to run. Dow should be delisted at season's end.
Sonsie doesn't deserve to be in atm, he needs to get his attitude right. Some efforts have been embarrassing. McAuliffe was out injured last week and clearly there's been some concerns with his fitness for a little while now. Normally I'd say yes to those two ahead of Dow simply because it's clear Dow doesn't have the required tools to make it imo and has been on the list long enough to prove himself without success.

Last edited:
Dow May be getting a senior game as he can’t qualify for VFL finals.
The selectors know what he offers already but there is no point him playing in the VFL if he can’t play finals.
Get the VFL team settled before September.
Same goes for Blight

Can we just delist him now? Whats the point of keeping him.

When you say we have a Dow and we have the *smile* one, you know the one you have is *smile*. His brother made him look like a bush footballer today.

Another who Yze gave a truckload of midfield time to today. The sceptic in me thinks we weren’t all that interested in winning today but hey at least we provided kids with opportunities.. :sneaky: