The window is open - smell the terror. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The window is open - smell the terror.

The window has been left slightly ajar cause after tonight there is an god awful waft coming in...

tigers80 said:
The window has been left slightly ajar cause after tonight there is an god awful waft coming in...
:rofl

Crying here.
Least we have a sense of humour in the shyte of tonight.

smasha said:
:rofl

Crying here.
Least we have a sense of humour in the shyte of tonight.

I've cracked open a bottle of good old Tawny Port watching the 95 semi, when we hit the bastards hard and there was no stage fright to be mentioned of...

Carter said:
a knock on the door. Dimma looks up eagerly, glad for the distraction. he hates these bloody taped analyses.

CHOCO - can I have a word?
DIMMA - sure. sit down, choc.

choco pauses, strangely hesitant.

DIMMA - you ok?
CHOCO - ... it's just something I've been thinking about.
DIMMA - shoot.
CHOCO - well ... i know I said I'd stick to the kids, but ... it's the gameplan. the primary setup.

dimma's brow furrows immediately. a red tinge appears under his eyes - never a good sign.

DIMMA - oh yeah?
CHOCO - I don't know how to say this well so I'll just lay the thing out. our style crumbles in the face of elite frontal pressure. collapses. we can't penetrate the 8 with it. I'm sorry.

tense silence as Dimma considers turning back to the video analysis. whatever choco is on about just doesn't compute. choco catches him looking up at a framed photograph of alistair clarkson.

DIMMA - it's proven. clarko won a premiership with it. then we belted him over the head with it last year. by ten goals!

dimma chuckles at the memory. choco squirms uncomfortably.

CHOCO - the players aren't machines. you can't beat this structure into them relentlessly in the hope they'll one day execute it better than hodge, mitchell and crawford. how bloody good do you think we are?
DIMMA - you weren't there, choc. it was a such a good game. the perfect execution of the primary setup. the perfect storm. and clarko drowned.

another snigger. choco turns away, embarrassed. the movement gives him heartburn.

CHOCO - this is year 4, dimma. not year 1. you need to let the gameplan evolve. you need to trust the players to win one-on-one contests. they aren't skinny kids anymore.
DIMMA - i trust those guys. got them to buy in. it's a circle of trust.
CHOCO - you need a different brand to play finals footy. contested. direct. this 'elite chipping' fantasy you've got going won't work.
DIMMA - i think you should go, choc.

dimma clutches the clarko photo protectively. caresses it.

CHOCO - I told alan scott he was wrong once. it was a thundering, impressive piece of work. i like you, so i'll just give you a flesh wound. you're wrong.

a lash appears across Dimma's cheek. he winces in pain.

DIMMA - what the *smile*, choc?
CHOCO - get the players to run. if there's no immediate option, kick it long to a contest. the moving players can run to support. you'd be surprised, damien.

choco turns at the door.

CHOCO - if you weren't so damnably conservative.

choco shuts the door quietly. dimma switches the camera on for the next video analysis. he wants to illustrate how the opposition were able to exploit our turnovers. he wants to explain how they'll go back and work on it. fix it. get better.

Brilliant work.

tigers80 said:
I've cracked open a bottle of good old Tawny Port watching the 95 semi, when we hit the bastards hard and there was no stage fright to be mentioned of...

That team had no where near the quality of our side now but they still found a way to win.
Big hearts.

Still shaking my head at tonights papaya.

smasha said:
That team had no where near the quality of our side now but they still found a way to win.
Big hearts.

Still shaking my head at tonights papaya.

Right there mate, punched above their weight that season...but had huge ticker...
Our current mob pfftt...I'm not so sure...

IanG said:
Only problem is Port under Chocco were a possession oriented side similar to Hardwick's game plan.
Interesting point.

I wonder if he had input into last night's game plan attrocity. That scitzophtenic madness was less llike Ginsberg, more like Neal Cassady.

The port gameplan won regular season games, it was incredible at it.

I suspect is we put too many eggs in the forward pressure basket just as team learned how to beat the press. When you hear the coaches speak they put huge emphasis on opposition turnovers in our forward half.

We realised against Geelong that isn't working any more and we've gone to a ultra defensive ball control offence that isn't working.

SCOOP said:
The dark lonely hours of Sunday morning will unleash some of Dyer'ere finest work.

He couldn't back up. No staying power. :hihi

Our window is nowhere near open and the better sides pick us off too easily.Joke!

Did anyone read the Paul roos article yesterday? He was spot on.

Brilliant stuff from carter.

Btw, that smell is certainly not terror. Infact, if it was coming from my toilet window I'd be mighty proud of it.

I feel much more comfortable back in familiar territory. Could following the RFC cause BiPolar do you reckon?