The window is open - smell the terror. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The window is open - smell the terror.

TJsFurrow said:
Time to end the unconscious dwarf farce and reject his unwholesome banana of failure.

Kneck the blue caracao, but.

Not really sure what this means but I like it!

Good thread boys.

Dyer'ere: the Hunter S. Thompson of PRE. How is Mark Robinson a major voice in football and we get Jack to ourselves? (Because people are stupid, that's why.)

I wanna go on a footy bender with Jack and Carts. Cairns. Tropical. Go troppo. (We'd better win the game but the stories would be better if we lost.)

Who's in? Leyser can get a leave pass. Scoop, Tooheys, evo, Eat the rich, tigersnake and golly, Tottie, TJs, - Phanto as a counterweight. Anyone else? No wet blankets or darksiders (although if Ian4 wants to flick us some of that stuff that makes psych trance seem profound, I guess he can tag along: Fear & Loathing in Far North Queensland? Nah, man, Love and The Meaning of Life in Yellow and Black). Richmond people who know footy's just a game but the Tigers are a way of life, a well in which one must dip one's cup and drink deeply.

It's a thirst that will never be slaked. Gonna have a good hard sip tonight.

That's not terror you can smell, it's just my wife's cooking.

Carter said:
classy posting right there, Jack.

and I agree. I certainly hope our coach doesn't trot out the word 'injuries' at any stage. we recruited for this, we planned for this.

grimes is out? ok. we look to batchelor. astbury. griffiths. darrou.

conca on ice? fine. ellis. titch. helbig. arnott. lonergan. *foley*.

vickery's nose pushed back into his throat? sure. elton. mcbean. edwards.

there's a rich smell in the air today. opportunity (smells a bit like faeces to richmond people). we have the chance to smash a club exposed as a corportised, cynical, ruthless, smarmy, unsavoury, contemptuous old boy bloc.

i'm surprised ASADA didn't find a bunch of geriatrics in smoking jackets under Windy Hill, nursing misogyny and riffing on the golden days of Nubrik.

can we rise above? or will we revert to type - a team to be ridiculed, a team that cannot ice big games against finals challengers?

if we put the strut back into Essendon i will probably wake up sunday morning in a strange room next to an unconscious dwarf, a bottle of blue curacao and a banana.

the wider scheme of things begins tonight. the world beckons like a lover. the red carpet can be glimpsed in the distance. behind the fear. the richmond fear.

the chimp is doing it tough this season. captaincy, injury, loss, media (excellent timing by an essendon-supporting journalist whom I expected better from).

don't think he'll reach fifth gear anytime soon. but he will. because has the grit. the sh!t. the sag. the bag. the stones. the jones. the will(y).

Super post Carter. Highly entertaining, thankyou :)

Baloo said:
That's not terror you can smell, it's just my wife's cooking.
Ha ha, Baloo, how could I forget you? You can come but leave the wife (and the cannoli, by the sound of it).

spook said:
Dyer'ere: the Hunter S. Thompson of PRE. How is Mark Robinson a major voice in football and we get Jack to ourselves? (Because people are stupid, that's why.)

I wanna go on a footy bender with Jack and Carts. Cairns. Tropical. Go troppo. (We'd better win the game but the stories would be better if we lost.)

Who's in? Leyser can get a leave pass. Scoop, Tooheys, evo, Eat the rich, tigersnake and golly, Tottie, TJs, - Phanto as a counterweight. Anyone else? No wet blankets or darksiders (although if Ian4 wants to flick us some of that stuff that makes psych trance seem profound, I guess he can tag along: Fear & Loathing in Far North Queensland? Nah, man, Love and The Meaning of Life in Yellow and Black). Richmond people who know footy's just a game but the Tigers are a way of life, a well in which one must dip one's cup and drink deeply.

LOAD UP the Red Shark, let's roll!

spook said:

I would like to come in as the underling. The youngster that remembers the savvy seniors and their hardened ways. The ones who have been through triumph and despair. Who passes on the rhetoric for the next generation of youngsters.

I was at auskick yesterday with my 6yo Tiger son. I asked another who wore the Yellow and Black with #3 on the back if he knew who that player was to which he replied "he's my pop" who's your pop? I asked. "Roger" he says "Roger Dean, he won 5 premierships"

More than welcome Moz. And smash too, of course. He'll tell you a thing or two about pain.

TigerMoz said:
I would like to come in as the underling. The youngster that remembers the savvy seniors and their hardened ways. The ones who have been through triumph and despair. Who passes on the rhetoric for the next generation of youngsters.

I was at auskick yesterday with my 6yo Tiger son. I asked another who wore the Yellow and Black with #3 on the back if he knew who that player was to which he replied "he's my pop" who's your pop? I asked. "Roger" he says "Roger Dean, he won 5 premierships"

My favourite player as a kid, had his number on my first ever jumper that MY pop bought for me...

spook said:

Thanks for the invite spook. I am compelled and terrified in equal measures. Compulsion beats fear 99/100 in my experience though, more so the older I get. Id wear a helmet, blinkers, and my apple green board shorts, just to be safe. Id be cognisant of kenneth Cooks "wake in fright".

tigersnake said:
That is hilarious. But could happen to me if we won the flag. A similar thing happened to me after the Mother's Day Massacre, except the dwarf was an ex girlfriend, the room was in her parent's house, the bottle was Jim Beam and the banana was a cold hot dog.

I don't Ess will get their strut back, the worst will be they beat us with one final backs against the wall effort.

I was there that night. my version was a regular height, squeeze box player in a hand spun richmond jumper, a half finished jar of organic pesticide and scrapes on my elbows.

Great Thread.

spook said:

Where is everyone? I am at Gate 23 waiting for everyone.

This might be the greatest road trip/thread ever. Can we reincarnate a few of the lost souls of yesterday and take them as well?

SCOOP said:
Where is everyone? I am at Gate 23 waiting for everyone.

This might be the greatest road trip/thread ever. Can we reincarnate a few of the lost souls of yesterday and take them as well?

Screw em. If cant handle PRE or haven't come back with an alter ego they won't be able to handle the road trip.

I'm getting the Bus sent over from Adelaide and give it a quick service and respray. The Beanie Bus will be ready to rumble.

tigersnake said:
I agree with most of the post, but at the risk of being defeatest (I don't reckon it is, I'm confident on the big picture), I still reckon we might have to take a step back before we go all the way forward. Get hardened by some brutal defeats. History shows that is how it normally plays out, but the trend is up. We might jag one ah la Hawthorn, never know.

I agree about the endless catastrophising threads, people are freaking out a bit, its heady stuff. My favourite is the midfield depth ones. Posters who reckon its a weakness have a bit of an inferiority complex I reckon, we are thereabouts. What we have needs a bit more experience, and we could use 1 or 2 more sure, always can.

Another 2 seasons snake and I reckon we will have the right balance. Our guns will be peaking and the support staff will be not far behind. Love the optimism but doubt 2013 is our year.