The window is open - smell the terror. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The window is open - smell the terror.

Dyer'ere said:
It was good that we had a moment. It has probably passed.

We needed Chimp to develop into a premiership #1 mid. Dominant. Didn't happen this year. But it will.

We wanted Lids to step into a genuine inside/outisde mid. Didn't happen. A very fine HBF in the making as at Rd 19. Niggles? Meh.

Martin, just a boy at the start of the season, did begin his ascent to stardom. He could be our best mid next year.

Jackson came from nowhere. I still see him as a wild card. But untested in a truly senior role.

Foley? Carrying a niggle, getting worse as at rd 18. Not fit. Too fresh from long term injury. Students have him on a HBF next year,

Conca? Can't walk. 21yo. And missed a preseason and then eight games through injury. 2013 is not his year. The field kicking will improve when he can string some together. But it may need more time. Will. 2013 was a bad year in which Reece learned a lot. Bravo.

Brandon dazzled at times. Just a 19yo. He'll dazzle a lot more in two years.

Floss is a bit younger and did almost as well.

Jack could do no more. He was awesome.

Vickery could be anything. But he wasn't. He improved fine. Sure but he didn't go Olympic and we have no silverware. Tyrone was a bit off the boil IMO. For mine. . . nah.

iVahn is gone. He can't walk. He must be our Ben Hudson of 2014 or 2017. #3 ruck on a long term contract. The lion of 2012 is the statue of 2013 and beyond.

Grimes didn't get fit in time. It hurt us all. Coulda bin a contender.

Knights was about to deliver and then got a cruel blow. Very cruel.

We didn't have a lot of bad luck. But we needed a lot of good.

Sorry, faithful. I don't see us getting the big one this year. I was wrong. Too buoyant.

Good news for punters though. We are not the biggest frauds in the AFL. The Hawks are.

Enjoyable as usual, Hunter S.

Think I mentioned in another thread that Dimma isn't desperate. He's belligerent. Like another angry gnomish coach.

He's cooking us some stiff upper lip this year.

The players' numbers have gone backwards because we are no longer Las Vegas.

We are Kiev. Dimma is surrounding the team in drab, but solid, architecture.

Cotch doesn't have the same numbers? Peh. He's now an unassuming communist general, going about his business, making sure the proletariat is happy.

Dimma won't rest until 3/4 of the team have had 16-18 solid, linking possessions that hit a target.

He breathes easier when jack is not being Tom cruise.

These are all September renovations. The house looks ugly but at least we're no longer renting a manhattan loft we can't afford.

Could surprise if we make it.

SIDE OB - a steaming pot of stiff upper lips might taste alright. Fried first for extra crunch.

Carter said:
Enjoyable as usual, Hunter S.

Think I mentioned in another thread that Dimma isn't desperate. He's belligerent. Like another angry gnomish coach.

He's cooking us some stiff upper lip this year.

The players' numbers have gone backwards because we are no longer Las Vegas.

We are Kiev. Dimma is surrounding the team in drab, but solid, architecture.

Cotch doesn't have the same numbers? Peh. He's now an unassuming communist general, going about his business, making sure the proletariat is happy.

Dimma won't rest until 3/4 of the team have had 16-18 solid, linking possessions that hit a target.

He breathes easier when jack is not being Tom cruise.

These are all September renovations. The house looks ugly but at least we're no longer renting a manhattan loft we can't afford.

Could surprise if we make it.

SIDE OB - a steaming pot of stiff upper lips might taste alright. Fried first for extra crunch.

Trent has had a good year, Eric. In a bad team. If you just asked me to free style I'd say Chimp had the best haircut in the league. I've seen him let down for sprints. And I know he'd wipe Deledio out on the straight. But knees and next week. And not enough chases.

Have you followed the Esserdum saga? And how nobody did it? Some people are special. A great footballer is a great man. Ask Gary Ablett's family. James Hird will testify.

It's hard to be God.

Trent felt this. Remember the whole Retire after a premiership thing? That was Trent. He feels it.

I am a very old man. I meet many young men. If they ask my opinion I tell them "Emotions are for ladies."

Dyer'ere said:
I am a very old man. I meet many young men. If they ask my opinion I tell them "Emotions are for ladies."

you obviously don't read the game day threads on pre then dyer. i don't think it's the ladies whose emotions go from every player is a dud to sign them for 5 more years, from ripping membership cards up to signing all the family up, from premiership aspirations to worst team ever, from jumping off a cliff to celebration and jubilation, from vitriol and hatred to love fest personified, from never following richmond again to yellow and black through and through, from curses to love hearts, from devastation to elation....and back again several times in a couple of hours.

The moon is red. Foul tidings scour the air. It seems that Richmond's fortunes have been inversely linked to a number of swaggering, powerhouse clubs. If we go up, they must go down. El Nino like you've never seen, brother. Carlton - messiah undone. Essendon - the cancer of hubris. Gone meta. Adelaide - your coach is Christopher Walken. West Coast - skills wanted. North Melbourne - irrelevant anger.

Night of the wolverine, know what I mean?

2013 is the off year, the stillborn kings son. Or maybe the gods are agitated. RFC, a kraken kept in its deep sea penetentiary for too long. The comforting truths of AFL football come clattering down. Fans feast on the high emotion, their hidden contempt for a landscape grown too familiar. Everyone has blood on their faces when the lights are switched on.

Meanwhile, Richmond have made it to the finals.

So as the velvet curtain is drawn on September, what damage can this great, creaky old kraken inflict? Plenty. This season has seen cracks appearing everywhere, even in the established top 4 power bloc. Blood flows from the tap, not comfort. The gladiators enter the arena, but with a trepidation once alien. There is a sniper in the bottom half of the eight.

What makes Richmond the chaos ball? The coach killer, the ranting lunatic no one can predict let alone control?

The captain is getting busy. Building to September like he's seen it all before. Hunting packs cos he's the protag. Cannot be stopped at the moment, the nuclear core of our glittering mid.

Damien Hardwick is a magpie. We all knew he could dev, but we also know he steals, absorbs and executes version 2.0 of whatever failed the first time. He's chessmaster 2000, a relentless cyborgian cypher with intent to kill. Don't reckon he's a natural tactician. But he sure as hell knows how to adapt and improve. That much is known. 2013 is a plague if football locusts. What we thought were truths have become the rankest fallacy.

Captain, coach. We need a third to complete this unholy trinity. It is, obviously, the defence. Our gameplan depends on this unit being blood brother tight. Cos the ball is gonna come in quickly if the Berlin wall falls. A zone for the stout hearted, then. For the first time since 1982, a back six with height, nous, discipline and raw, stinking guts.

The chaos ball is in motion. The kraken can see white flesh on the surface. In 2013, anything can, and probably will, be deposited on the field like lovecraft's terror on the doorstep.

The epilogue to RFC's glorious fever dream is the elegant motion of a man on the cusp of Great Things. When all is said and done, when the season is a radioactive wasteland of spent emotion, think on the man feverishly pulling weights, his eyes determined dark pits. His name is McBean. He represents a new kind of hero. The old firm has been toppled. The footy gods now smile upon us.

BRAVO, BRAVO :clap :clap

Carter said:
Damien Hardwick is a magpie. We all knew he could dev, but we also know he steals, absorbs and executes version 2.0 of whatever failed the first time. He's chessmaster 2000, a relentless cyborgian cypher with intent to kill. Don't reckon he's a natural tactician. But he sure as hell knows how to adapt and improve. That much is known. 2013 is a plague if football locusts. What we thought were truths have become the rankest fallacy.
Dimma is the Samsung of football. You better stay ahead of the pack or Dimma will take you down gangnam style.