The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

ninjahaha said:
Equal to our worst performance of the season.

We have lost 3 of 12. Since we started on the right path after the pies.

Last year we won 9 in a row and people where happy to right off all those wins as non-representative of where we where at.

Last night was not indicative of our form line. We had a shocker. I know I'll be shot down, but I think some other factors had a large influence on that. Dusty was about the only one of our best players that didn't have a mere. That won't happen again.

Still think that next year will be the culmination of all the gains we have made. This year has seen us take a massive step forward. We could still do some serious damage come finals. Either way, we have a side ready to challenge for the prize.
Agree with a lot of that....IMHO the top of the ladder will have big changes next year, the key to where we finish , other then injuries will be the likes of C Ellis, McBean, Menadue ,Castagna, Short an co, the untrieds have to replace the bottom 6 or so, we are a good team an capable of beating anybody on our day, key to been a very good side is winning on poor days an always been competitive, last night was abysmal an the Crows like us are bloody good on there day, got some gun players. No doubt the next 4 weeks will tell us exactly were we are, the 23 weeks will tell no lies

clown said:
Play like we did last night again and we will be watching other teams play finals

Don't laugh. That is a possibility. Hoping not, but we look tired and slow right now. GC are slick, and could surprise. Need to lift, and with possibly Edwards and Deledio back should make for an interesting Sat. afternoon.

We won't play finals. If we do go close then it will come down to the last game against North and we never beat them. It's our own fault for dropping games earlier in the season. We still have players in the side who continue to turn it over even when we win a game.

ThePercies said:
We won't play finals. If we do go close then it will come down to the last game against North and we never beat them. It's our own fault for dropping games earlier in the season. We still have players in the side who continue to turn it over even when we win a game.
Never? You and I must have a different idea of never. We last recorded a victory against North in 2011. Geelong I can agree with, that was 2006, so it's been a really long time between drinks. Beside hoodoos are there to be broken, and we've broken one this year against the Pies. If we don't make the finals from the position we've been in then those in charge deserve whatever happens to them.

CarnTheTiges said:
Never? You and I must have a different idea of never. We last recorded a victory against North in 2011. Geelong I can agree with, that was 2006, so it's been a really long time between drinks. Beside hoodoos are there to be broken, and we've broken one this year against the Pies. If we don't make the finals from the position we've been in then those in charge deserve whatever happens to them.

There we go , 2011..

That's like 4 seasons ago. We don't beat them at etihad. I can see us winning 1 of the last 4. Collingwood and Essendon aren't easy games. They both have nothing to loose and as normal we have plenty. I still don't think Hardwick is the right coach to take us to our next premiership.

ThePercies said:
There we go , 2011..

That's like 4 seasons ago. We don't beat them at etihad. I can see us winning 1 of the last 4. Collingwood and Essendon aren't easy games. They both have nothing to loose and as normal we have plenty. I still don't think Hardwick is the right coach to take us to our next premiership.
Have it your way. We're awful and won't EVER play finals again.

CarnTheTiges said:
Have it your way. We're awful and won't EVER play finals again.

Never said that. I just don't believe we will play finals this year. Already shot ourselves in the foot.

We lack consistent 4 quarter efforts . Good sides do that and we only do it every now and then. No consistency.

A neutral viewer would say we will beat the Suns, 60/40 pies, 80/20 Dons an who knows what's on the line come the Roos game.

ThePercies said:

Wow. Life must be pretty ordinary around your place. Perhaps you should follow the Hawks so you can enjoy weekends again.

lukeanddad said:
Wow. Life must be pretty ordinary around your place. Perhaps you should follow the Hawks so you can enjoy weekends again.

Consistently the ultimate pessimist is percy boy. Quite sad really for him.

eeyore-1.gif

lukeanddad said:

Would of hanged him self last weekend then.

ThePercies said:
Never said that. I just don't believe we will play finals this year. Already shot ourselves in the foot.

We lack consistent 4 quarter efforts . Good sides do that and we only do it every now and then. No consistency.

Wow, our last 4 are against 3 teams that are outside the 8 and 1 thats below us (maybe not after the weekend though) and you can't see us winning 2 of them!!

It was the same after the Freo game, the worlds caving in after 1 defeat. Gee, we've won 20 out of our last 27. I reckon that gives the players the odd loss if we can get back to winning.

This is probably the most exciting time to be a Tiger (sure was a disappointment yesterday) in maybe the last 30 years.

We do need to trade well this year as there are plenty of teams who will be hitting their top game around the time we will too but we are competing at the top end of the ladder and you think they cannot win 2 of the last 4. I know they won't be easy. Collingwood still scrapping for 8th position and the Bombers would love to beat us but if you cannot see us winning 2 of the next 3 then you glass isn't even half empty, its just plain dry.

CC TIGER said:
Agree with a lot of that....IMHO the top of the ladder will have big changes next year, the key to where we finish , other then injuries will be the likes of C Ellis, McBean, Menadue ,Castagna, Short an co, the untrieds have to replace the bottom 6 or so, we are a good team an capable of beating anybody on our day, key to been a very good side is winning on poor days an always been competitive, last night was abysmal an the Crows like us are bloody good on there day, got some gun players. No doubt the next 4 weeks will tell us exactly were we are, the 23 weeks will tell no lies
I too prefer to look at seasons as a whole rathr than week by week.

agree on the kids needing to effect our bottom six.

My main concern is eevarn hampson griff n vickers, our ruck situation throughout the season has been of great concern. Not sure that we have an answer on our list. Be interesting wether we chase one at seasons end or if they beleive we can covr it.

If we only two more games from last 4 and other games don't go our way we will end up 9th.

tiges said:
If we only two more games from last 4 and other games don't go our way we will end up 9th.

if...........if...................if........ that's your lot

I am sitting back and really enjoying the season - we have just got through a very tough 3 week patch - the next 3 week is nothing compared to what we have just endured, I am confident and enjoying the footy - bring it on I reckon

Results so far have placed us in a perilous situation.

We have only ourselves to blame.

4 games to go.

GCS
Collingwood
Essendon
NMelb

I don't know if even the brightsiders would pencil in 4 wins .

Me, I've been burnt and my trust has wavered with them. I don't have trust. Just when I thought they matured and grown up they dished last night out.

I don't buy what I'm hearing that the flu factor was the result! What 21 players? Didn't effect Dusty. Jack I can cut him some slack as he got hurt in the back by a Cotch knee.

They just didn't bring the same intensity, passion, endeavour and work rate.

Hope I'm wrong. Would love nothing more than to be proven wrong.

We need to win all 4 as it's so close.

waiting said:
Results so far have placed us in a perilous situation.

We have only ourselves to blame.

4 games to go.

GCS
Collingwood
Essendon
NMelb

I don't know if even the brightsiders would pencil in 4 wins .

Me, I've been burnt and my trust has wavered with them. I don't have trust. Just when I thought they matured and grown up they dished last night out.

I don't buy what I'm hearing that the flu factor was the result! What 21 players? Didn't effect Dusty. Jack I can cut him some slack as he got hurt in the back by a Cotch knee.

They just didn't bring the same intensity, passion, endeavour and work rate.

Hope I'm wrong. Would love nothing more than to be proven wrong.

We need to win all 4 as it's so close.
We,ll drop one of the games we should win but beat North. 3 wins.