The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

One of the predictions from one website is that we win all 5 remaining games. We wont win them all IMO.

If we win them all (5 games in a row) I will buy a bigger membership next season, even though I only get to maybe 2 games a year...

Bottom 4 teams will be hoping we make the top 4. Top 4 teams will be hoping we make the bottom 4.

What a great feeling no matter where we finish.

Chimptastic said:
You guys are seriously overrating our forward line. We have 1 true natural forward in the best 22.

The rest are rucks, mids, utilities, or defenders playing forward. This year, Lennon is merely depth to cover injuries, and Lloyd is depth for the depth.

Very incorrect.

Cotchin, Deledio, Edwards and Martin would each score at least 30 goals a season if they played solely in the forward line. They are outstanding forwards. It's just that they are even better midfielders.

They've each done at least mid 20s in a season despite playing significant amount of time in the middle.

Any one of those players in the forward line is an absolute weapon. Nothing would be better for Richmond's current line-up than AFL-wide reduction in substitutions so that they remain on the park longer against equally tired opponents and "resting" in the forward line.

Sydney game against GWS is a danger game + St Kilda, they are playing decent football atm.

Swans could, possible, maybe, might drop out.

A slow start to the year and the *smile* up against Freo may well be costly.

Our last 5 games have their challenges- Crows away never easy, Suns are playing some decent footy and won't be a pushover, never know what the Pies may bring, Essendon look cooked and North is our bogey team.

Should on paper win em all but will be a great test for our new found maturity.

This year we followed surprise wins against Freo (lost to West Coast after the bye) and the Swans (had to overcome a 3 goal deficit to pip the Giants) with some not so good performances. Friday will be a great test.

feisty tige said:
One of the predictions from one website is that we win all 5 remaining games. We wont win them all IMO.

If we win them all (5 games in a row) I will buy a bigger membership next season, even though I only get to maybe 2 games a year...
I actually think we can win all 5.

We would be better off managing our players - making the 8 and then launching our offensive in the finals. It is no given we would get a weeks rest in the finals even finishing top 4. We need to win a final.

CarnTheTiges said:
The only ones that will cause us trouble in the eyes of most observers would be Adelaide this week and North in Rd 23.

Yeah... Crows are the proverbial danger game...

tigertime2 said:
We need to win a final.

Yep, or the season is basically a failure.

Most likely scenario is we finish 5th and Sydney 4th, and if we win the first final we will probably go to Sydney the following week after they get defeated in Perth. Chances are both of those matches will be the first final of the respective weekends because we are playing on Friday in Round 23 (first final Friday night week 1, Saturday night week 2).

If we actually win in week 2 then be aware that both Preliminary Finals will be in Perth if WCE and Freo win their week 1 finals matches.

Plan your trips now.

First sign that the west coast might be dropping off last week. They have been up all season and should've beaten the suns easily.

shad said:
First sign that the west coast might be dropping off last week. They have been up all season and should've beaten the suns easily.

Maybe.
But a short turnaround plus a 6 hour trip doesn't help.

shad said:
They could lose 4 out of 5 coming home. The only certainty would be the last game against the saints.

silvertiger said:
They could lose 4 out of 5 coming home. The only certainty would be the last game against the saints.

That's bold... Would be good for us though if all of the top four fell over

We must win all of our games now. Most of them are danger games for us but we can't afford to lose even one of them. Win all five games and we will be in the top 4.

tigertime2 said:
We need to win a final.

David C said:
Yep, or the season is basically a failure.

I think we will win a final.

But disagree that if we don't the season is a failure.

We have taken huge steps fwd this year. We will only get better from here.

I am very confident we will at least make a prelim next year, things go right we play in the GF.

That just with natural improvement. Add an a grader over summer (which I think we will) maybe another upgrade on a bottom 6 player, skys the limit.

All that said, if we win a final where a chance to give a flag a shake this year.

Top 4 minimum as a pass mark.

We were half a game off top 4 in 2013 and threw away a spot in our insipid loss to Carlton in rd 20 that year.

Threw away top 4 chance last year with horror first 13 games.

Cant keep spurning opportunities year in year out.

If we don't finish top 4 minimum we are just spinning our wheels.

If you don't win the grand final, the season is a failure. It then comes down to degrees of failure.