The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

Only Richmond could beat the premiers of the last two years and standout team of the last 2 months and fall a spot on the ladder !

We've beaten the best, now it's time to be ruthless to the rest.

Dogs should not be above us on the ladder. 6th is nowhere near good enough for a club with our capacity and potential.

With respect to the Dogs, seeing them take our spot on the ladder after we beat Hawthorn is almost insulting. It almost makes me angry and I hope the players feel the same way and don't get complacent against Adelaide.

Ok, I'm going to finally say it. How are the Dogs even in this position??????

Their form astounds me. I've been waiting for them to fall over all year but they keep hanging on and, staggeringly, they are thriving.

Chimptastic said:
We've beaten the best, now it's time to be ruthless to the rest.

Yep its as if no matter who we play the margin will be within 5 goals.

Need to put the foot down against the strugglers...had Saints on the ropes and let em in, Carlton the same.

% so important

TOT70 said:
Ok, I'm going to finally say it. How are the Dogs even in this position??????

Their form astounds me. I've been waiting for them to fall over all year but they keep hanging on and, staggeringly, they are thriving.

They used their time in the cellar well. Traded out older players to add extra early picks. Used their picks very well.

No doubt will be a very good side.

Remind me of

tiges 2013

Port 2012.

Better than both at the same stage I reckon. But as we and port are finding out. The step from where they are now to genuine contender requires more work.

Id rather play nth or the cats if we end up in an elimination final.

So what actually happens when it's finals time?

Is it first n second, currently Freo n wet Coke who get home finals against third n fourth?
If that's right do fifth n sixth, dogs n us get home finals against seventh n eighth?

Might be a safer option to get a home final against poss Port/ Crows/ Kangas/ Cats and then based on winning get a crack at one of the losing sides who have traveled interstate n back. Could possibly get first two finals at home in Melb. Would then be looking at an away prelim after at least having some winning finals action. Biggest issue for me would be the best option for getting the initial monkey off the back and winning a final, after that bring on whatever, I'm sure the boys will be able to handle it. As they've already shown they can match it with the top teams anywhere. Just need to make sure they nail a final first.

My round 23 ladder predictor looks like

WCE 18.5
FREO 18
Swans. 17
Hawks 16
Rich 16
WBD 15
Giants 13
Geelong 12.5
Port. 9

I like the idea that we can beat North and geelong and win a final all in a fortnight

We can officially qualify for finals after round 20

If we beat adelaide (r19) and suns (r20)
Geelong lose to sydney (r 19) and hawthorn (r20)
Adel lose to Essendon (r20)
Collingwood lose to sYdney (r20)
Port lose to WBD (r19)

The only long odds result in that lot is adelaide losing to essendon.
If adelaide do win that game then We have to wait until we beat Collingwood r21 (win #14).

DirtyDogTiger said:
We can officially qualify for finals after round 20

If we beat adelaide (r19) and suns (r20)
Geelong lose to sydney (r 19) and hawthorn (r20)
Adel lose to Essendon (r20)
Collingwood lose to sYdney (r20)
Port lose to WBD (r19)

The only long odds result in that lot is adelaide losing to essendon.
If adelaide do win that game then We have to wait until we beat Collingwood r21 (win #14).
Essendon can't beat up their Granny. Crows will crush them.

The uproar come round 23 will be huge.
Our home game at the dump playing North on a Friday night ( possibly)
Which could decide our final position.

Could be a strong chance Tiges play Nth Friday night @ the G Rd23. Broadcasters have asked for a change instead of the Haw vs CFC game (move that to Sat). Rating $$$

I'll be happy just to make it, its Richmond and i am a scarred supporter. I'm nervous when we are 15pts up and theres only a minute to go.
It does feel different but i've been sucked in before, so lets just get there, its tight this year.

Once there to go deep we need to find goals, have to start scoring 100pts a game whilst keeping our defensive efforts up.

DirtyDogTiger said:

WCE 18.5
FREO 18
Swans. 17
Hawks 16
Rich 16
WBD 15
Giants 13
Geelong 12.5
Port. 9

I like the idea that we can beat North and geelong and win a final all in a fortnight
Have a feeling that the R23 game against North will only result in shuffling positions in the bottom half of the 8 with both teams already safely in.

DirtyDogTiger said:

WCE 18.5
FREO 18
Swans. 17
Hawks 16
Rich 16
WBD 15
Giants 13
Geelong 12.5
Port. 9

Lets hope the Cats find some old time glory form next fortnight.