The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

BTW on my ladder predictor we come 2nd, playing off against Hawks 3rd.

Sydney the prelim and Freo in the GF at the G.

Wouldn't that be a chance for redemption.

Gillon's just said that our R23 match against the Kangas will be on the Friday night.

We now need to start a campaign to get it shifted from Etihad.

Who's going to call KB in the morning?

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Gillon's just said that our R23 match against the Kangas will be on the Friday night.

Need to be able to win wherever we play. No more excuses.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:

How are we still getting two games a year at the opposition's home ground?

This week could be a last chance for top 4 ,we lose Swans win its over, funny thing is you never know we lose this week could mean we play Crows at the G in September instead of Roos/Cats , bloody lot of scenarios still to unfold

lamb22 said:
BTW on my ladder predictor we come 2nd, playing off against Hawks 3rd.

Sydney the prelim and Freo in the GF at the G.

Wouldn't that be a chance for redemption.

I based mine on ladder position
It's not perfect as we know with Melb-Coll and rich -haw

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
How are we still getting two games a year at the opposition's home ground?
I think it's only one. It's all part of some deal between AFL and Docklands. Hawthorn and Melbourne also have a home game there, Collingwood 2.

YinnarTiger said:
I think it's only one. It's all part of some deal between AFL and Docklands. Hawthorn and Melbourne also have a home game there, Collingwood 2.
I think it counts as North getting 2 home games against us. We played the first time at Blundstone which is their home ground and then this time at Etihad which is also their hime ground. If we continue to do well and draw big crowds for the rest of this season I'm hoping Benny can flex those muscles at the AFL when they do next years draw and demand no home games at grounds that aren't ours.

YinnarTiger said:

I meant v North. One game each at their Tasmanian and Victorian bases.

Edit: As explained by CarnTheTiges.

You guys are seriously overrating our forward line. We have 1 true natural forward in the best 22.

The rest are rucks, mids, utilities, or defenders playing forward. This year, Lennon is merely depth to cover injuries, and Lloyd is depth for the depth.

If we had a star-filled midfield for the last ten years and Deledio just played forward, he'd have kicked over 500 off HFF and made All Australian six times.

Chimptastic said:
You guys are seriously overrating our forward line. We have 1 true natural forward in the best 22.

The rest are rucks, mids, utilities, or defenders playing forward. This year, Lennon is merely depth to cover injuries, and Lloyd is depth for the depth.

I don't agree about Lennon, Chimpa. I think he's emerging youth. And despite starting his career in the role of midfielder Lids is now a forward.

But yeah. We need a forward or two.

Two ways into the top four.

We must win all 5.

West Coast play Hawks, Dockers, Dogs (all at Domain), Adelaide (away), St Kilda (home) - We need them to lose 3, which will have to be next 2 plus 1 of Dogs, Crows.

Sydney have Cats (away), Pies (SCG - bugger ANZ is a graveyard for Swannies against Pies), Giants (away), St Kilda (away), Suns (home) - will need them to drop 1 and then it comes down to %. I like the Cats this week, so cheers the Cats this weekend.

Bulldogs still have Port (home), Melbourne (home), WCE (away), North (away - but its at Etihad so home really), Lions (away - could be on the moon and the Dogs need to walk and they would still win). They could win all 5 but WCE away should be a loss.

Worst result if we win all 5 is Sydney to beat Cats (and win the rest), Dogs to beat West Coast (and win the rest) and West Coast to only lose to either Hawks or Dockers as well as Dogs. That sees us finish as low as 6th of Bulldogs maintain % over us.

Best result if we win all 5 and other around us beat who they should beat is Cats beat Swans and we make up % over them, either West Coast lose to both Hawks and Dockers and one of Dogs or Crows and Dogs lose to North.

North win make the 8 so lets not worry about what they will do, so that leaves 1 spot left.

If we lost to Adelaide, North and 1 of other 3 games (worst case scenario), we miss the 8 only if North wins 4 of 5 and Crows and Cats both win next 4, in which case the last game against them in Geelong won't matter.

GAMES THAT MATTER OTHER THAN OURS
Top 4 (we must win all 5)
Round 19
WCE v Hawks (go Hawks)
Cats v Swans (go Cats)

Round 20
Swans beat Pies
Dockers v WCE (go Dockers)
Round 21
Swans beat Giants
WCE beat Dogs (but Dogs a sneeky chance with their run)
Round 22
Swans beat Saints
Crows v WCE (go Crows)
Round 23
Both play easybeats