The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

Is it really worth making top four? Guaranteed trip to Perth, loss, final back at the G.

If we finish 5th or 6th, we get home final, which I'd expect to win, then another home final.

It's a trade off between trip to Perth and double chance, or home final in an elimination final.

Baloo said:
Take the double chance every time.

Exactly. Plus we play much better at Subiaco than the G. Would be confident of beating Freo at Subiaco. Less so the Eagles but would still be a good chance.

Admittedly finished 4th would probably mean a trip west, so does finishing 3rd, but we're one team that don't fear going there and could actually win there.

Midsy said:
Is it really worth making top four? Guaranteed trip to Perth, loss, final back at the G.

If we finish 5th or 6th, we get home final, which I'd expect to win, then another home final.

It's a trade off between trip to Perth and double chance, or home final in an elimination final.

take your pick - would you like a qualifying final in perth or a preliminary final in perth.

You have to take top 4 every day of the week - gives you one free shot at the preliminary

year of the tiger said:
take your pick - would you like a qualifying final in perth or a preliminary final in perth.

You have to take top 4 every day of the week - gives you one free shot at the preliminary

Yeah, good point.

Midsy said:

We play so well on the road. Double chance an opportunity for a week off and an open door to a prelim. Yes it's worth it.

Midsy said:

But if you win one of these it all opens up for you. If you finish Top 4 I don't think you go into any finals game feeling you're probably going to lose no matter where it is.

tigerlove said:
But if you win one of these it all opens up for you. If you finish Top 4 I don't think you go into any finals game feeling you're probably going to lose no matter where it is.

think Collingwood back in the early 2000's - the master of travelling to Adelaide as 4th placed and winning.

In reality - Sydney would have to fall in a hole for us to make 4th even though they aren't playing well.

So do we want Adelaide to beat Sydney today given we play them next week?

Yes, let Adelaide win. We go 4th then next week we take apart an emotionally spent Adelaide.

one week at a time.

Only this time last week some were afraid we might drop out of the 8, now we're talking top 4 8-

year of the tiger said:
think Collingwood back in the early 2000's - the master of travelling to Adelaide as 4th placed and winning.

In reality - Sydney would have to fall in a hole for us to make 4th even though they aren't playing well.

So do we want Adelaide to beat Sydney today given we play them next week?
What do you mean Sydney would have to fall into a hole? They already have fallen in one.

Best thing for our team at tis stage would be crows beat swans and we play another genuine battle against a top side to earn a top 4 spot

those are the games the genuine contenders win!

Midsy said:

I can see your point, but think about our away form this year and last and lick your lips.