The March to the finals- 2015. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to the finals- 2015.

I have got absolutely no concerns for us over the next fortnight.
I think we could have beaten WCE, we still need to work on our long ball kickng
Anyway We need to start planning for hawthorn.

IF we keep winning, say drop 2 more games, can we make top 4? Swans look very unimpressive to me. Hawthorn back in form now but just a side earlier in the season. I think the only chance of top 4 is if one of these 2 get the staggers. Sydney look more likely to at this stage but either one could. Thoughts?

Sydney run home: Haw (ANZ), WCE (a), Crows (h), Geel (a), Coll (h), GWS (a), St K (a), GC (h). They could lose four of those I reckon, and even get flogged once or twice. Need to catch up 2 games and some percentage

Hawthorn run home: Syd (ANZ), Carl, Us, WCE (a), Geel (a) Port (h), Bris (h), Carl. Cant see them dropping 3 of those, they might, but don't think so, much less get flogged. We won't catch their %. Carlton twice? :p

Sydney the only possibility I reckon if we maintain winning form, even though they are 2 games ahead to Hawthorn's 1.

tigersnake said:
IF we keep winning, say drop 2 more games, can we make top 4? Swans look very unimpressive to me. Hawthorn back in form now but just a side earlier in the season. I think the only chance of top 4 is if one of these 2 get the staggers. Sydney look more likely to at this stage but either one could. Thoughts?

I'm not convinced that WEt Coke can maintain their form and position.

IanG said:

I rate WCE structures and game plan more than their team of stars, sure they have some guns but no more than allot of teams.. i think like Port they have got teams on the hop with a new system, playing good footy.

For that reason i don't think they will drop off during H & A, with finals footy pressure etc lets see where it takes them!

IanG said:

You could be right, but look as solid as a rock to me. Plus they are more games ahead.

IanG said:

Sadly, I am. Think we'll finish H@A 5th, or if we do a little worse than expected, 6th. Have us playing Round 23 against North, and then again in 5th v 8th. Be a remarkable coaching effort and great outcome for the team, but North two weeks in a row could be interesting for Dimma's career.

Obviously the double chance is a better result, but playing our first final at home should help our chances to sin a final this year

DLR said:
Sadly, I am. Think we'll finish H@A 5th, or if we do a little worse than expected, 6th. Have us playing Round 23 against North, and then again in 5th v 8th. Be a remarkable coaching effort and great outcome for the team, but North two weeks in a row could be interesting for Dimma's career.

the last time we played two games against the same team so late in the season was ..............................Carlton - the result hmmmmmmmmmmmm

wayne said:
What is freos draw like?

No forward line, no backline, they could be vulnerable.

Freo draw - they are on 12 wins, 3 more than us will a percentage of 120 odd which is not unreachable
- lock in 4 wins (Carl, GWS, St Kilda (in Melb) and Melb)
- 4 possible games in the balance (Rich (Melb), WCE, North (Melb) and Port (in Adelaide))

Our game against them is critical - and to make up 3 wins over the last 8 games against the ladder leader is highly unlikely - but just maybe ............

There form has fallen away but if anyone can turn that around is a Lyon led Freo. I don't think it will happen and I think the Launceston game is more about how good can Hawthorn be rather than how bad is Freo.

I'm guaranteed a grand final ticket if we make it to the GF. I've now guaranteed being able to pay for it by putting $50 on Sportsbet at $9 Tigers to play in it.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Absolutely agree, it's put a ceiling on my expectations for this season. But for now I'm just gonna enjoy that we got the job done, again.

challenge for you ltrtr

can you produce a ladder based on the last 22 home and away games - sort of a form ladder

amongst other things i would be interested in how many games and % to make 4th and 8th.

I'm not as confident about finals yet as others seem to be. North have a very easy run ahead of them and with our games against freo and Hawks coming up, they could very easily be on equal points with us in 3 weeks time.

Dogs also have a fairly easy run home, however we need them, gws and crows to start dropping a couple of games.

year of the tiger said:
Freo draw - they are on 12 wins, 3 more than us will a percentage of 120 odd which is not unreachable
- lock in 4 wins (Carl, GWS, St Kilda (in Melb) and Melb)
- 4 possible games in the balance (Rich (Melb), WCE, North (Melb) and Port (in Adelaide))

Our game against them is critical - and to make up 3 wins over the last 8 games against the ladder leader is highly unlikely - but just maybe ............

There form has fallen away but if anyone can turn that around is a Lyon led Freo. I don't think it will happen and I think the Launceston game is more about how good can Hawthorn be rather than how bad is Freo.
Given Freo's run home, us beating them here could really put the cat among the pigeons.

i dont think the top 4 will change

tiges to finish on 15 wins, finish 6th and host GWS in the first week of the finals

tiger_25 said:
I'm not as confident about finals yet as others seem to be. North have a very easy run ahead of them and with our games against freo and Hawks coming up, they could very easily be on equal points with us in 3 weeks time.

Dogs also have a fairly easy run home, however we need them, gws and crows to start dropping a couple of games.
I am thinking like you. I think I've been scarred too many times over the years. If we lose tomorrow against the saints things could get a little tight. I hope we are the new Richmond who win the games we should. Still furious we lost to Melbourne.

stripes17 said:
I am thinking like you. I think I've been scarred too many times over the years. If we lose tomorrow against the saints things could get a little tight. I hope we are the new Richmond who win the games we should. Still furious we lost to Melbourne.

Rightly or wrongly, I feel certain we'll make the finals. The current leadership group has stood up this year to force us to stop comparing them to the past. Not just because of talent, but because of good leadership club-wide.

We'll accidentally win more than we accidentally lose.

Ice said:
i dont think the top 4 will change

tiges to finish on 15 wins, finish 6th and host GWS in the first week of the finals

I would prefer to finish 6th rather than 5th for some reason - I would much rather play on Saturday as I reckon waiting all weekend for the final to be played (5th v 8th is always Sunday arvo latish for tv) does my head in and seems to build extra pressure on the team (to win their first final) - 4th would be perfect though.....

stripes17 said:
Yeah, I'm still hacked off about the Melbourne game. I really hope that doesn't come back to bite us on the bum.