Thanks PRE from Cogs family | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thanks PRE from Cogs family

Nice post Linds.

great stuff and all the best for Mark. I echo most posts on here, and say its sad to see him go, but hope hes successful at his next venture.

GO TIGERS

Fantastic stuff.

Unfortunate that he only got 92 games and doesn't qualify as a Richmond Life Member ... the board should look at doing something special for him.

Great post big linds, very moving.

A real shame seeing Cogs cut down by injury after injury. I will miss his attack on the footy. Good luck in the future Cogs.

Cogs was our Brett Kirk, a spiritual leader, cut down by injury at his peak.

A quality and calm person who should be kept at the club in some capacity if he wanted to remain involved in football.

biglinds said:
On behalf of Mark, I just want to thank Rosy and Pre for all the support you have given him in the years he has been at the club.

As his uncle, I was an eagles supporter when Mark got drafted, but I determined to be as passionate tiger supporter as possible and threw everything in with the tiges. Now I wonder how on earth I ever supported the eagles.

Even though we didn't see the best of him and he was decimated by injury,we are grateful to the tiges for picking him up. We as a family and I as his uncle have spent many hours on this site reading the informed (and some not so informed) views of the tiger faithful. When the chat room was at its height a few years ago, I spent many hours yarning with my fellow tiger fans.

I said to Mark last night, that whatever happens to him, I will ever be a tiger supporter, my blood is so yellow and black that I couldnt even consider following any other team.

I knew Mark's number was up in his resurrection game. His strength was gone, his ability to break tackles and get out the quick hand pass was gone, he was being flung around like a match stick. It was distressing to watch. I only learned last night standing outside the ground that it was all over. I dont know what people thought of the big man in the tiger gear crying on the side walk.

Particularly I want to thank Rosy, she has been magnificent. You have got as your moderator on Pre one of the most loyal and faithful people one could ever have. This site would have collapse years ago if it wasn't for her stickability. I look forward to continuing on pre in the years to come. I also want to publicly thank Fiesty tiger for keeping me informed about tiger happenings and news from punt road. Over the years I've made many friends. RFC forever, Tigerdog, Mikee and Tigerbob have been special to me. Of late I just haven't had the time to spend as much time on Pre as I would have liked.

At the end of the day, as much as we all love it ,footy is a bag of wind, it has its highs and lows, I'll be pretty proud to say in future years that I had a nephew at tigerland who played 92 games and won a fairest and best. But it's off the field that I am especially proud of him. All the trials of the last few years have helped to make him an outstanding person off the field. His kindness and compassion not too many people know about.

Again Pre people, thanks so much from the family, over here in the west its all eagles and dockers, its so good to get the news from Melbourne(Ben Cousins said the same thing last night). The one thing I've learned most from being a tiger supporter as the absolute PASSION
tiger supporters have. It eclipses anything that I have known coming from the west.

Mark in his speech after the game praised the tiger supporters, It has meant so much to him. I'm pretty choked up at the moment, but come round 1 next year, I'll be donning the hat and the scarf again and hoping that Damien Hardwick can inspire a recovery

God bless you all, biglinds

Cheeers brother.

we are all family and what a great family it is.

I think the big man upstairs is too scared of a Tiger flag because of the earthquake it will cause from all the celebrating.

Richmond>>>>>the rest!

At the end of the day, Mark took his chance and did the best his body would allow. Many other kids dont get a chance or have theres struck out much earlier. He is one of very few tigers who can hold their heads high iver the past 20 years.

Well done Mark, all my memories of you are at your best carving it up :clap

My favourite player, I still have a signed match day jumper of his hanging up in the closet and a signed poster from his 2004 membership campaign kindly given to me by a friend at the club.
Thought there were enough to go before Mark plus his mature body being a player that thrived on contested football would be enough to keep him on the list for another preseason.

As much as it would be strange to see him run out in another teams colours, I hope a successful AFL club pick him up and give him the chance we didn't

I want to wish Mark all the best.

Like Free we never saw the best of Mark, glimses of what might have been. Brownlow ? Captain ?. I guess we will never know. Foot ball is just a cut throat business that decisions like this are always hard. Was one of my favourite players the way he went about his football and how he worked to get back after being cruelly cut down by the dreaded knee(s).

I hope people like Mark somehow remain at the club. People like him are far and few between and alot of players could learn a thing or two about "hard work".

Being delisted though could he still do a pre season with us and seeing how he goes , could he be re drafted or this is it?

In my eyes a champion person on and off the field. Credit to your family.

Biglinds, well done feel very emotional after reading that.Mark will always be a true champion at the tigers. The injurys he has had has cut short a great carrier best wishes to the Cogland Family. :clap :clap

On a sour not after reading a letter like that from a players family about a great player you would think claw could rigth something nice i had to read his crap underneith the letter . In futer on a post like this don't rigth anything at all you discust me.

Well said Bidlands

All the best Cogs.
A career totally devastated by injury.
Never saw the best of him

Im not sure Polak is aware mark is being delisted

he said

"Mark Coughlan coming back was a great buzz," he said. "He's a great player around the club and a great guy, which everyone loves.

"To see him come back was good and hopefully he goes on to bigger and better years now."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85156/default.aspx

DirtyDogTiger said:
Im not sure Polak is aware mark is being delisted

he said

"Mark Coughlan coming back was a great buzz," he said. "He's a great player around the club and a great guy, which everyone loves.

"To see him come back was good and hopefully he goes on to bigger and better years now."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85156/default.aspx

I think Mark maybe said he might have wanted to play on, so surely he can go on to bigger and better years somewhere else. I would have liked it to be with us !

Good onya Biggles.

I really enjoy reading this sort of stuff.

I really wanted him to have another season with us, I just hoped beyond logic that he might come back and perform near the level we knew he could. But it just wasn't to be.

Certainly one of my favourite Tigers.

During 02 and 03 was one of the few things to get excited about going to the footy each week.

Have a couple of his signed matchworn guernseys here, 1 from 2001 and also one of his heritage guernseys.

Seemed to be a genuine guy and will no doubt be missed at the club. Always welcome back I'm sure. Perhaps some kind of role with Coburg and development could be explored if he is not able to play on.

I remember we once spanked Essendon at the G on a Satdie arvo when they were still strong and Cogs smashed em. That was sweeeet!

Onya Cogs!

Nice thread bump. biglinds who started this thread, was last on PRE Sept 29th 2017. Day before our 2017 drought breaking Premiership. I wonder if he's still too hungover to login again.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Cogs was a ripper but we all can't help but think what might have been. We were so cursed by injury during that period losing Cogs, Brown and Foley all before we should have,
I would put Cogs up there with Tony Free as the biggest lost talent due to injury we have had over the last 30 years.
At his peak he was a super player.

• Sad
Reactions: 13 users