Thanks PRE from Cogs family | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thanks PRE from Cogs family

tiger12 said:
If there's any doubt as to what Mark meant to his team mates, just revisit the passion with which they sung the famous theme song after the North Melbourne victory. And if the hundreds of thousands of us passionate Richmond supporters could have been in that room, we'd have sung with the same passion!

Good luck to you Mark, you will always be remembered as a couragous, tough Tiger. A Tiger that you would not find one supporter say a bad word about. :clap :clap :clap

Absolutely spot on - the sight of Cogs and his teammates roaring out the club song after North Melbourne was something to see. You have every right to be so proud of your nephew Biglinds he has been a brilliant inspirational footballer whose career was cruelly cut short for the tiges. Onya Cogs all the best

Sad to see it all end. At the start of every year I say "I can't wait to see if Cogs gets back. Don't forget Cogs, he will be our best recruit this year", and every year for the past 5 years has been heartbreaking for all of us.

tiger12 said:
If there's any doubt as to what Mark meant to his team mates, just revisit the passion with which they sung the famous theme song after the North Melbourne victory. And if the hundreds of thousands of us passionate Richmond supporters could have been in that room, we'd have sung with the same passion!

Good luck to you Mark, you will always be remembered as a couragous, tough Tiger. A Tiger that you would not find one supporter say a bad word about. :clap :clap :clap

Got the photo set as 'background'.Standout, absolute highlight of this darkest of years . His rendition of Tigerland, said everything that needed to be said about his passion and commitment for Richmond. Given his run with injuries, most would have given up a long time ago. Not Mark, he's a true Tiger. Thanks Mark and his family.

rosy23 said:
I guess I missed the boat buying one of Mark's signed playing jumpers as I have always planned to do. If you notice the boots missing one day berwick you'll know where they are.

Last nights jersys would be auctioned? Still one more chance Rosy

All the best cogs,It was a pleasure to have you wear our colours. A true richmond soldier and to me a star. OH and people's for a great cog keep sake.. try getting cog's " 2004 top prospect signature " trading card. only 500 cards made all individually signed by cog.

:'(

Sorry to see Coggs go.

I always thought though he should have a go at Soccer perhaps, another game he used to play.

Sorry not to keep you informed about the coach in the last week Biglinds, so busy at work it was ridiculous.

Moving post. Sitting here with a tear in my eye. I will never forget the passion he showed when he sung the song after his return game this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws7a7CGPoh0

Sensational post. I often wonder if the families of players read here (& shudder a bit) so it's nice to hear from one who does. Mark Coughlan will be forever remembered by Richmond supporters as one of those blokes who you built a team around. We'll never know what might have been, but he can be rest assured that he gave the club all he had. Unfortunately injury robbed us of a certain captain and possibly a Brownlow player. Good luck with the future Mark.

You're a class act Big Linds, as is your nephew. :clap

I'm extremely sad to see my favourite player go, but wish Mark all the best in his future endeavours.

Great memories of his brave act on the field. Fond memories also of long chats and a bit of trivia in the chatroom.

With everything he's been through I thought he warranted another year.Thought he was okay this year.

There are no football Gods.

Tragic that two of our best footballers in the past 10 years have been cruelly cut down by shocking injuries.

WOW Biglinds what a post.

Great to hear from you after all this time too mate.

Great Post.

Cogs sure as hell is a guy of great character and that shows in what he has been through in trying to get back.. A lesser man would have packed it in years ago.

Like few before him he has been robbed of the skills of his trade in his prime.

Good luck to Cogs for the future

Hope to see you still around here for a while Biglinds and if you ever in Melbourne for a game drop me a PM I'd be happy to buy you a beer.

The Big fella, Biglinds!!!

Mate we have had many the chat about Mark, both about footy and about life, he is a very special human and should always be remembered for that. He was a brilliant young player cut down by a cruel injuries, but as we both know my main man, everything happens for a greater good. Mark as much as he was a champion footballer, is much more a champion person, and will do a lot of good outside of football.

My greatest memory of Mark and which shows the special side of the man was his dealings with a special young girl at the Royal Children's Hospital. He went above and beyond what he needed to do to touch the girls heart before she sadly passed away. She was a Richmond supporter who wanted to meet Mark Coughlan, her favorite player. Mark not only met her once and gave her some joy, but became a friend to her ringing her and meeting her on several occasion's. Simply, he cared for her and made her feel very special. A letter from the special girl along with a photo of her and Mark was given to me and showed me how much Mark did for her whilst she was sick. Just a special human being. Let's always remember that about Mark.

I too think the right decision has been made after looking at Mark both at Coburg and for Richmond. It has been just a sad year when you consider what might have been with Mark, and watching him in the flesh showed how much the game had passed him.

I think Mark Coughlan has been great for the Richmond Football Club and will always be remembered as a Tiger, he is always most welcome with Richmond people and I wish him all the success in the world in his next adventure.

Thank you Biglinds for everything mate, and we will catch up again when your down in Melbourne, pass on my best wishes to Mark.

Thanks for the input and the honesty, Biglinds.

It has been really sad watching Mark play this year, knowing that he was a shadow of the player that he should have been. The injury gods can be so cruel to those who deserve it least. All the best to Mark for his future endeavours.

Whilst it has been the right decision, knowing that would not have made it any easier for him. We should all be proud of the way he has conducted himself through difficult circumstances.

Good Read.

I was shattered when I heard that Cogs wasn't going to play anymore. I love Cogs and he has always been a favourite of mine. It is sad to see his career end. He was a passionate bloke who loved the club and his team mates. He was a courageous bloke and always put his head over the ball. I wish Mark all the best and hope he stays around the club.

I have been o/s for the last 4 years so haven't seen Mark's attempted comebacks.

I guess that makes me fortunate to be able to remember him as a really exciting talent, who I once thought the team could be built around. A real leader on the field and, forgive me if I'm being unfair, a guy who probably had B-grade skills but the football nous and determination to make him an A-grade footballer. Also have sad memories of watching the Hawks game in Tassie on TV and being shattered that day (and seeing Buddy kick all those goals on Ray!).

From all accounts is a top bloke. Wish Mark all the best in life.

"It's not whether you win or lose..... but how you play the game" applies particularly well to Mark Coughlan. He's always done it with class, style and plenty of courage. Most would have thrown in the towel years ago if they had half the setbacks Cogs copped along the way. Last night, under immense pressure, he gave his all for the RFC...... as he always has.

Looking back through my PRE posts on him this one puts into perspective just how capable he was

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=34668.msg888494;topicseen#msg888494

Here's to a healthy and happy life after footy Mark and thank you for what you gave us Tiger fans :clapping

Sad to see him go and sad way to end what should have been a great career. He will always be one of my all time fav players.

A sad ending to what started as a promising career only to be shut down by injuries along the journey.

A top bloke and wish him all the best for the future