Thanks PRE from Cogs family | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thanks PRE from Cogs family

Great post. I wish Mark well always loved watching him play he may have not been the 300 game player he should have but his highlights reel is as good as anyones

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Biglinds, seems like only yesterday chatting about the bright future Mark had in front of him. sadly a promising career cut down by injury.

Please give Mark our best wishes for his future .

Cheers,

KB

Yep, I too wish Mark all the best in the future.

I remember him playing as a midfielder in the WA U18 rep side, and was thrilled when he drafted him.
At the time the club was desperate for good young midfielders. Still are.

Unfortunately injury stole Mark's AFL career from him.
Hopefully we may see him in a coaching role somewhere in the future.

I, too would like to wish Mark all the best for the future. To me, he always epitomised the tiger spirit - he wore the jumper with pride and gave everything on the field. He is, and always will be a tiger. Best of luck :clap :clap

Great great player at his peak with a style all too rare at Richmond in recent times. Could have been anything but the right decision to let him go.

Good luck to Cogs for whatever the future holds and hopefully he maintains a tiger connection in some fashion.

Damn that curse. This bloke would have been captain of the RFC for at least 10 years!! :'( Why are we so unlucky!! ???

Lets hope the club and Mark find some luck from here on in. Hopefully one of the Perth clubs can throw him a life line, but if not will always be remembered as a STAR. Thanks Mark and all the best champ.

Hey biglinds

Great words from a great brother-in-law about our great nephew ...

We really wish he could have seen him play more, should have been given more of a chance, but what great memories Cogs gave us in the yellow and black

Thanks also PRE and all tiger fans for your support, encouragement and well wishes

DtB and little blister

Cogs was a super player; brave and strong. A B&F at 21 is proof of his talent and application. His injuries were an absolute curse, shocking.

God luck to all the family for the future.

Strange, but I always thought that had Knighter stayed playing for the rest of his last season, it would have helped Coggs immensely.

sigh.

Hey BigLinds, great to hear from you again! Hope all is well with you and you family.

Sad day for the club that Cogs is leaving but he clearly leaves a great legacy among players and supporters. It is very rare to have a Richmond player who is universally esteemed and it says volumes about his character. Amazing really, because he spent the bulk of his time with us recovering from injury rather than playing. All the best for the future Mark!

Mark Coughlan will always remain a favourite amongst the Tiger faithful. He oozes class and I am sure he will be very successful in whatever he does in the future.

Tony Free is hell bent on getting Richmond people back at the club. Well I bloody well hope in the years to come that Mark comes back to the club in some sort of coaching capacity and help this club get back to where it belongs.

All the best Mark!

I am still shattered 24 hours later.

The thing that is hard to accept with Cogs is that he was going to be so good for such a long period of time and he was the player that the RFC could be built around.

After suffering from OP in 2004? he then did his knee in 2006 and that was basically it.

We knew he was very good but we never really got to see him at his absolute peak. This game can be cruel.

Hey great post and all the best to Mark, how true what a cruel game. At least he was one player we knew week in and out was attacking the ball, exactly what Hardwick wants in our players now. Shame and all the best in your future Mark

great post linds, you wouldn't remember me but we chatted one night in the chat room and its easy to see why cogs is a quality human being with influences such as yourself in his life

i echo the words of most people, a great shame but he has his whole life in front of him and from what i hear has spent the time he has been injured furthering himself professionally and i wish him all the success in the world

Thanks linds and well done to Mark. My daughter wore his number for a few years until she grew out of it. Well done and please pass on all of best wishes to Mark. What might have been without those injuries. ???