Thanks PRE from Cogs family | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Thanks PRE from Cogs family

Cogs was a ripper but we all can't help but think what might have been. We were so cursed by injury during that period losing Cogs, Brown and Foley all before we should have,
I would put Cogs up there with Tony Free as the biggest lost talent due to injury we have had over the last 30 years.
At his peak he was a super player.
Our pre-Duz GOAT.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Was at the G when the ball was center bounced...Cogs collected the ball...was confronted by a blues player racing towards him...
Cogs never slowed down...tucked the ball under his arm...ran straight into and through the blues player and then ran over the top of said flattened blues player...never broke speed!
Umpire just called play on...

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Saw him against the Cats once single handedly drag us back into the game. We still lost it, but that was because he had bugger all help from anyone else.
Was that at the dump? And we lost by a couple of points? And Campbell tore his achilles celebrating a goal?

Reactions: 1 user
Cogs was a ripper but we all can't help but think what might have been. We were so cursed by injury during that period losing Cogs, Brown and Foley all before we should have,
I would put Cogs up there with Tony Free as the biggest lost talent due to injury we have had over the last 30 years.
At his peak he was a super player.
Cogs was a beauty. One of my favourites from that era. Career cruelly cut down by injury.

Was that at the dump? And we lost by a couple of points? And Campbell tore his achilles celebrating a goal?
It was at the Dump. We didn’t lose by much. I don’t remember Campbell doing his achilles. I do remember that cheat Chapman claiming a goal that he kicked after it had gone over the line.

15 years ago, how time flys.
Mark was cruelly cut down with injuries, I have no doubt that he would’ve been an all time great of the RFC if wasn’t for those injuries.
I know why he was such a nice guy, I spoke to his mum at an after game function early in his career. She was a lovely person, and so proud of him.

Was at Coburg one afternoon watching us play Box Hill. Was standing next to a bunch of Hawthorn senior blokes including Luke Hodge. Cogs walked past the group, Hodge nods to Cogs, Cogs nods back. As Cogs kept walking, Hodge turns to a young Hawthorn bloke and says ‘that guy could have been anything’…..

Reactions: 5 users
I was lucky enough to be in OZ and enjoyed watching Cogs when he was in his prime and loved his game and commitment. It was a sad day when injury curtailed his game

Looked good.
Super lean.
A lot of old footballers (Billy, Kickett, Long) blow out.
Not Cogger24.
Too bad couldn't have eked out 8 more games.

It all gets mixed up in my memory. I thought Cambo did that in the big comeback win against the Hawks?

maybe I am wrong
Correct. I remember that day I was working on a spud harvesting machine helping out a mate listening on the radio

Was at the G when the ball was center bounced...Cogs collected the ball...was confronted by a blues player racing towards him...
Cogs never slowed down...tucked the ball under his arm...ran straight into and through the blues player and then ran over the top of said flattened blues player...never broke speed!
Umpire just called play on...
I was there too, just steamrolled him. We flogged them that day from memory?