Terrorist attacks in Paris | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Terrorist attacks in Paris

MB78 said:
That's your story not mine Ant.

But why is the media reporting different? Are they racist?

Not directly. It's a combination of better/more accessible coverage in Western countries and also what they think will "sell" better in their markets.

antman said:
Actually not in the same way at all.

Yeah that's exactly how it is.

Paris bomb : "Holy sh!t, that could happen here!"
Beirut bomb: "Those *smile*wits are killing each other again."

Life is held more precious in some parts of the world than others. Fact.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

That's more a result of frequency imo. When the IRA were at their peak it was a similar reaction to London as it is Beirut now.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

That's a completely different argument to the "friends and family" argument you used earlier, but OK, I don't expect logic from you on this topic.

Yes. We hold Western lives more precious than we do other lives. And even in developing countries elites hold lives cheaper, too, this is true. But the essential truth is that for those who lose loved ones in developing countries, their emotional pain is just as profound as the pain you or I would experience.

antman said:
We hold Western lives more precious than we do other lives.
We do? If you want to remain logical, you need to avoid this type of fallacy.

FYI, I am in complete agreement with the point you are making. LTRTR's explanation for why people have less empathy for some people and more for others is also true.

Giardiasis said:
We do? If you want to remain logical, you need to avoid this type of fallacy.

Yes G... I'm clearly speaking of a western collective attitude to the developing world... a generalisation of course.

antman said:
Yes G... I'm clearly speaking of a western collective attitude to the developing world... a generalisation of course.
There is no such thing as a collective attitude. Only individual attitudes.

Looks like the 'I love to fight' loonies enjoyed themselves in another dopey anti-Muslim rally in Melton. I just feel sorry for the cops wasting time and energy with these dipsh!ts.

Giardiasis said:
There is no such thing as a collective attitude. Only individual attitudes.

OK, an attitude of many millions of individual people in the west, propagated and supported by western culture and the media.

TigerForce said:
Looks like the 'I love to fight' loonies enjoyed themselves in another dopey anti-Muslim rally in Melton. I just feel sorry for the cops wasting time and energy with these dipsh!ts.
If you looked a little closer for the truth you may find it was the anti-anti moslem rent-an-activists causing and committing the violence and taunting.

commonsense said:
If you looked a little closer for the truth you may find it was the anti-anti moslem rent-an-activists causing and committing the violence and taunting.

left
punched horse - check
subdued with capsicum spray - check
carried concealed weapons - check
arrested for riotous behaviour - check

right
wore masks - check
bore flags - check

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
left
punched horse - check
subdued with capsicum spray - check
carried concealed weapons - check
arrested for riotous behaviour - check

right
wore masks - check
bore flags - check

It's a simple world you live in when left is always bad and right is always good - or the other way around. I'd reckon there was a deal of fuckwittery on both sides.

Baloo said:
Australia for Australians
Oi oi oi

Just watched the Australian story about the lady who started Jimmy Possum and her campaign to embrace the muslim community in Bendigo. Now there is a real Australian hero imo.

Just watched 4 Corners and their story on the filthy would be Muslim terrorists from Sydney and Melbourne. Just truly vile people.

antman said:
It's a simple world you live in when left is always bad and right is always good - or the other way around. I'd reckon there was a deal of *smile*wittery on both sides.

Probably, but I knew someone would bite. ;D

Inside the Isis publicity machine:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/inside-the-islamic-states-propaganda-machine/2015/11/20/051e997a-8ce6-11e5-acff-673ae92ddd2b_story.html