Terrorist attacks in Paris | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Terrorist attacks in Paris

I hate how the media is crawling over themselves to find new footage.
I understand that this was a horrible event but when it spills over from coverage to melodramatics I tune out.

Sintiger said:
Interestingly I saw recently that the Economist magazine published data that 750,000 people processed as genuine refugees have settled in the US since 9/11. The total number of those 750,000 arrested for terrorist acts since that time is zero.

I guess what that means is that the refugees themselves are not the problem.

Weren't the Boston bombers refugees from Chechnya?

Tigers of Old said:
I hate how the media is crawling over themselves to find new footage.
I understand that this was a horrible event but when it spills over from coverage to melodramatics I tune out.

I agree Oldie. It always leads to information overload.

snaps truly said:
Weren't the Boston bombers refugees from Chechnya?

No, asylum seekers. They were in the US on student visas then applied for asylum

Just heard Billy Idol's (and my favourite) song 'Eyes without a Face' on the car radio this afternoon, and these closing words always remind me of scumbags like Jihadi John and co. who cowardly love to hide their faces and act tough.

I think this song also relates to that other piece of *smile* Richard Ramirez who was a serial killer in the US thirty years ago.

Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Got no human grace your eyes without a face.
Such a human waste your eyes without a face
And now it's getting worse.

Been to Paris. Such a beautiful stylish city. Does anyone know if that female terrorist was wearing an Armani or Versace suicide vest?
Awkward moment for 17 virgins....

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Suggests the US chooses very, very carefully who they let in. Do you have figures for France?
I don't have figures for France. The figure for the US were from a twitter feed from the Economist Magazine.

I know 2 families who have had a lot to do with US immigration over the last 10 years and knowing what they went through I cannot believe that the US immigration Dept is capable of choosing very very carefully!

You can rationalise it any way you like but genuine refugees are statistically not a security threat.

glantone said:
Been to Paris. Such a beautiful stylish city. Does anyone know if that female terrorist was wearing an Armani or Versace suicide vest?
Awkward moment for 17 virgins....

;D

Sintiger said:
You can rationalise it any way you like but genuine refugees are statistically not a security threat.

I accept this (when they initially arrive, at least; I'm sure Man Haron Monis came here with the best of intentions). The problem is identifying which ones are legitimate in the flood. Greece is simply waving them through to the rest of Europe.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
I accept this (when they initially arrive, at least; I'm sure Man Haron Monis came here with the best of intentions). The problem is identifying which ones are legitimate in the flood. Greece is simply waving them through to the rest of Europe.

it is worth noting that there in no evidence any of the Paris attackers entered Europe in recent times as refugees.

Brodders17 said:
it is worth noting that there in no evidence any of the Paris attackers entered Europe in recent times as refugees.

Pretty sure I just heard on the news that the attackers had taken advantage of the refugee "chaos" to slip through the security net. Announcement by French authorities.

Brodders17 said:

2 were mentioned through Greece from Syria.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:

Perfect example is right there. I suppose someone like him would've been seen as just an annoyance with many complaints to start off with, but as soon as they start getting a bit too heavy it can be a worrying sign. There's too many lone wolves out there and it's really difficult to monitor everyone.