Team V Freo (inc Freo's Team) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team V Freo (inc Freo's Team)

Our selectors have been going with a short forward line and asking Morton to play as one of the main talls.
Riewoldt and yet to be filled should be our main talls.
Morton is only 186cm tall and he should be our 3rd tall option in the forward line.

TigerForce said:
Jack's kicked 8, Mitch 6 ...not much of a difference.

Do you honestly think there hasnt been much of a difference in Riewoldt & Mortons output...

Leysy Days said:
Do you honestly think there hasnt been much of a difference in Riewoldt & Mortons output...

Jack's stuffed up more chances than Mitch would've had in these 4 games so far, even considering Mitch has been cold when getting on/off the bench in most games.

If we're using Jack and Astbury as the main forwards this week, it's gonna be a lot of work for Jack as far as experience goes, but for whatever reason Mitch's been dropped, the coaches know better than us I suppose.

Mitch might be a liability at Subi with his pace being a problem on a big ground.
Most of the guys coming in have a bit of leg speed .
Don't know how Nahas went at the Burgers last week but he'll want to have starred cos he looked out of his depth in the first 3 games with the seniors.

TigerForce said:
Jack's stuffed up more chances than Mitch would've had in these 4 games so far, even considering Mitch has been cold when getting on/off the bench in most games.

Massive difference.

http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/compare_players?tid1=112&pid1=2005114&tid2=112&pid2=2007110

Leysy Days said:
Massive difference.

http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/compare_players?tid1=112&pid1=2005114&tid2=112&pid2=2007110

I wouldn't say massive when comparing each area.

Going by those stats, Jack's done a bit better than Mitch in most areas but we're not comparing who's better than the other.

We need as many experienced forwards as possible this season.

If there isnt much difference as you say, you'd expect Morton to have Jack covered in at least some area's.

As it is its just handballs. Thats amazing.

Morton maybe experienced as you say, but he is giving the side nothing.

Leysy Days said:
If there isnt much difference as you say, you'd expect Morton to have Jack covered in at least some area's.

As it is its just handballs. Thats amazing.

So you reckon he's been dropped for poor form then?

I'm not sure how just Jack and Astbury (in his 2nd game) would cover our attack at Subi.

Any bets this week? I reckon Port's a chance at home to St Kilda.

Leysy Days said:

Why's Tambling still in the side then? He's much more experienced than Morton yet offering much less as a midfielder/flanker who is averaging around 12 touches a game.

Morton is doing just fine for a 186cm player playing on genuine KPDs (190cm+, 90kg+) and having balls kicked on his head constantly instead of out in front. Still our 2nd leading goalkicker.

Leysy Days said:
Suprised at the suprise on Morton's omission.

Whilst when playing well he is no doubt in our best team he has been a complete non contributor this season.

Has given us nothing & fully deserves his spell at Coburg.

I've quite decided after this week that Dimma doesn't miss much.
Nice to see this sort of accountability at Richmond.
Polar opposite to Wallet.

This wake up call will make Mitch a better player long term one hopes.

Harry said:
morton should be getting a run in the middle and off half back

Might do.. at Coburg.

I do see what DH is up to. But I'm worried about Freo now having the chance to just triple team Jack and know that there really are no other targets. Mitch has done ok on the quick tracks like Subi as well. Long term instead of short term I suppose. Just makes it hard to watch.

Barnzy said:
Why's Tambling still in the side then? He's much more experienced than Morton yet offering much less as a midfielder/flanker who is averaging around 12 touches a game.

No arguement from leysy. Doesnt excuse Morton though does it.

Barnzy said:
Morton is doing just fine for a 186cm player playing on genuine KPDs (190cm+, 90kg+) and having balls kicked on his head constantly instead of out in front. Still our 2nd leading goalkicker.

No he isnt doing just fine ergo why he is dropped. He also played a lot of last week up the ground & still couldnt get a kick nor put pressure on the opposition.

He should hopefully come back a better player for his rightful omission. Perfect time to do it for leysy who's confidence in DH grows with more strong & correct decisions like these that will be all the better for our long term prospects.

Leysy Days said:
Suprised at the suprise on Morton's omission.

Whilst when playing well he is no doubt in our best team he has been a complete non contributor this season.

Has given us nothing & fully deserves his spell at Coburg.

I too was pleasantly surprised to learn of Mitch's omission this week.

Mitch's defensive game is almost non existent and work-rate leaves a lot to be desired. Super talent but needs a strong coach (Wallace NOT) to round out his game.

Unfortunately, Hardwick has to make another one of those "hard calls" that Wallace promised but never delivered.

morton is our second highest goal scorer this year, in a year where we only really have him and riew. who else is gonna kick our goals?? i wouldnt say not contribuing, hes doin much more than others in the side. with no help up fwd (riew only) shizen delivery, and taking the second best defender i think this year he has done ok. the sides crap everyone is performing below par, why single out morton?
also hes not a HFF or midfielder, hes a FP goal sneak, who can snag a goal and can also lead strongly and has strong hands...... for a third fwd hes been goin okay in my book. its not his fault we have no FF or true CHF

hopper said:
I do see what DH is up to. But I'm worried about Freo now having the chance to just triple team Jack and know that there really are no other targets. Mitch has done ok on the quick tracks like Subi as well. Long term instead of short term I suppose. Just makes it hard to watch.

If that's the reason Mitch's being dropped than it looks like holiday time is definitely over for the player in the yellow and black.

We'll get poleaxed in attack but results mean nothing now.

Leysy Days said:
Essendon big overs.

Oooo..... dunno Leysy........bigger gap between Bombers and Pies this year.

keepa lids onit said:
morton is our second highest goal scorer this year, in a year where we only really have him and riew. who else is gonna kick our goals?? i wouldnt say not contribuing, hes doin much more than others in the side. with no help up fwd (riew only) shizen delivery, and taking the second best defender i think this year he has done ok. the sides crap everyone is performing below par, why single out morton?
also hes not a HFF or midfielder, hes a FP goal sneak, who can snag a goal and can also lead strongly and has strong hands...... for a third fwd hes been goin okay in my book. its not his fault we have no FF or true CHF
all kinda true. but what ive seen is morton being beaten too easy too often when the ball is kicked to him, and then him not competing well enough when he doesnt win the ball first up.