Team V Freo (inc Freo's Team) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team V Freo (inc Freo's Team)

Who's that Shameka? I remember I said he would come in and play forward because we lacked options up there, you said back. Guess what? He played forward. Can't keep playing him if isn't in form though, pretty simple.

How is Collins picked - he could barely walk off the ground on Sunday with his groin problems.

Happy with the rest.

Barnzy said:
Post was overaged when he was drafted, he's 20 going on 21 at the end of the year. He's also up to 94kg. He doesn't need to be protected, should play every game for mine, whether CHB or CHF.

but i'm not getting into another argument with you. just pointing out your switch on thinking

FWI i think its because he was playing up forward that he struggled. He is a backman for mine he reads the play better in the backline

shamekha said:
but i'm not getting into another argument with you. just pointing out your switch on thinking

Yeah but obviously if he has a run of bad games they aren't going to keep him in. My statement was before he came into the side and off the basis he would continue to improve off last year's efforts.

Team looks a bit better on paper this week with those in's. Hopefully we're a bit more competitive, would like to see a 4 quarter effort and not just fall away badly in the last half (although that will happen with young kids). We normally play Subi pretty well so who knows.

I'm with tannerz, I'm glad Dea got another crack.
The side is looking much better on paper each week.

Let's go boys!!!!

simmonds worst on ground last week gets another game? Rich are playing for the future this year. What a load of crap!

Deleted

if either browne or graham arent ahead of him maybe they should look at other jobs too.

Pathetic. Simmonds is no leader, he is 1 of the weakest ruckmen I have ever seen

slow, cant mark when preassured, not agile, smallish ruckman who gets jumped over, never kicks big bags of goals (so cant be considered a key forward) why oh why...

I was told hardwick was gunna show no mercy.....

tannerztigers said:
Strong ins.

Very happy that Dea is in again give the kid another good crack. Hopefully the open ground can help him.
The three who will miss I reckon will be White, Nahas and Polo/Farmer

Yeah agree totally Tannerz. The kid has to be given a big of an opportunity to adjust to the pace of the game before we drop him again. This is great. You can bet he would have been the scapegoat under the Wallace era.. Great to see all first gamers from last week still in the side and even better to see Foley make it back. :clap

Crumpet_Avenger said:
simmonds worst on ground last week gets another game? Rich are playing for the future this year. What a load of crap!

Deleted

and if either browne or graham arent ahead of him maybe they should look at other jobs too.

Pathetic. Simmonds is no leader, he is 1 of the weakest ruckmen I have ever seen

slow, cant mark when preassured, not agile, smallish ruckman who gets jumped over, never kicks big bags of goals (so cant be considered a key forward) why oh why...

I was told hardwick was gunna show no mercy.....

:sleeping

So happy to see axle back, his pace could really burn them up at subi, thats if he is not too underdone.
Cmon Tiges, have good feeling about this week :D

Whilst I am rapt that Foley is back, I hope that he is completely over his injury. Would hate to see this bloke injured again just for the sake of bringing him back 1-2 weeks too early.

Crumpet_Avenger said:

Any suggestions on a replacement then ?

A fair call from the selection committee to drop Post. Now he go back again and work on his 'explosive pace' they committed to.

geoffryprettyboy said:
A fair call from the selection committee to drop Post. Now he go back again and work on his 'explosive pace' they committed to.
Finally watched the Melbourne game last night and he was looking pretty slow.

Is he another plodder?

geolinpie said:
Whilst I am rapt that Foley is back, I hope that he is completely over his injury. Would hate to see this bloke injured again just for the sake of bringing him back 1-2 weeks too early.
pretty sure that given the luxury of our current situation (no expectation to play finals), there'll be no need to rush players back. Foley's ready.

Good ins - Newman, Foley, Cousins, McGuane in our best 22. Would have Polo and Nahas in ahead of Jackson, Tuck, White, Hislop, Edwards any day.

Just keep weeding out the duds and replace them with some decent players is all we need to do. stick to this and ignore no idea media people calling for players like McMahon to get a game. bringing back Tuck was the wrong move and I think Hardwick folded to media pressure there.