Team V Freo (inc Freo's Team) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team V Freo (inc Freo's Team)

skybeau said:
Morton's been starting every game on the bench, and pretty much every quarter on there too.

He hasn't been playing forward much either.

Does Hardwick rate him as a goal-scoring option?

Very disappointed to see him out.

Poor Mitch, whipping boy of the previous coach and now DH. He did reportedly have a bad attitude at WCE and that's why they played him in the 2's and didn't give him games even though he had a lot of talent. Thought he was turning it around with us though, not only kicking a ton of goals I thought his tackling pressure and effort has gone up over the past year or so.

Surely must be Simmonds last chance, was probably only left in because of the Sandilands factor.

Must be dropped, his mistakes really demoralise the boys.

Barnzy said:
Poor Mitch, whipping boy of the previous coach and now DH. He did reportedly have a bad attitude at WCE and that's why they played him in the 2's and didn't give him games even though he had a lot of talent. Thought he was turning it around with us though, not only kicking a ton of goals I thought his tackling pressure and effort has gone up over the past year or so.

If it's a discipline issue, maybe Dimma & co. have acted tough compared to Papa Terry's "don't do it again" slap on the wrist and kiss on the cheek method.

Barkdog said:
And you know this how?

Because he's been dropped when he's a better option than a number of those in the team and replaced by Nahas who has done *smile* all this year?

TigerForce said:
If it's a discipline issue, maybe Dimma & co. have acted tough compared to Papa Terry's "don't do it again" slap on the wrist and kiss on the cheek method.

You would guess that it may be some sort of disciplinary action and I think it has to be some sort of on field issue.

geoffryprettyboy said:
You would guess that it may be some sort of disciplinary action and I think it has to be some sort of on field issue.

If he's in the Coburg squad tomorrow, then it must be.

TigerForce said:
If he's in the Coburg squad tomorrow, then it must be.

Well it won't be long before we find out.

I would think Post & Morton have been sent back to do the hard yards. It wouldn't surprise me if Hardwick knows they have talent they either have to get fitter or get their head in the right frame of mind.

I still don't know how Farmer is getting a game over Polo. Polo has played one game this year and was one of our best playing on Goodes.

Maybe, just maybe, Hardwick is not trying to go all out and win (tanking?), but rather trying different team setups and different players before he settles on who he delists at the end of the season..

We're not going to win a premiership this year so he may as well find out who can play where and who will fit into the structures and game plan he's trying to get them to learn.

i'm not reading anything into it at all.

This whole season is about experimenting.

shamekha said:
Maybe, just maybe, Hardwick is not trying to go all out and win (tanking?), but rather trying different team setups and different players before he settles on who he delists at the end of the season..

This whole season is about experimenting.

No doubt at all.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Well it won't be long before we find out.

I would think Post & Morton have been sent back to do the hard yards. It wouldn't surprise me if Hardwick knows they have talent they either have to get fitter or get their head in the right frame of mind.

Fair enough but you'd think Morton would thrive on a big ground.

Suprised at the suprise on Morton's omission.

Whilst when playing well he is no doubt in our best team he has been a complete non contributor this season.

Has given us nothing & fully deserves his spell at Coburg.

Leysy Days said:

Whilst when playing well he is no doubt in our best team he has been a complete non contributor this season.

Tambling?

Leysy Days said:

Jack's kicked 8, Mitch 6 ...not much of a difference.

Seems to be used differently compared to Wallace, and I hope the coaches haven't gone 'flowersniffers' on Astbury already.

Rfc4Ever said:
Fair enough but you'd think Morton would thrive on a big ground.

You would think so yeah, but he hasn't thrived at all so far this season, as Leysy describes, has been a non-contributer.

I'm surprised Morton wasn't dropped earlier.

Trying to kick miracle goals instead of centreing the ball.

No second efforts and Daffy/Pettifer like in his defensive pressure.

One-eyed Tiger said:
I'm surprised Morton wasn't dropped earlier.

Trying to kick miracle goals instead of centreing the ball.

If you're referring to the goal he kicked v Melbourne, pretty clear he was centering it but it went through.

I don't think he's been selfish at all. If Morton deserves to be dropped then Tambling should've been out a week or 2 ago.

geoffryprettyboy said:
You would think so yeah, but he hasn't thrived at all so far this season, as Leysy describes, has been a non-contributer.

I wouldn't blame him for his form against Melbourne...our mids kicking to 2 on 1's in the Dees favour and the general poor delivery didn't help at all.

Leysy Days said:

Agreed Leysy. Morton as one of our pair of "senior" forwards has not presented as a target as much as expected or required.