Team V Freo (inc Freo's Team) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team V Freo (inc Freo's Team)

This is superb. The 3 new boys left in to develop, adapt and gain confidence. Spud and Wallet would have dropped 2 of them for sure. Ive said it before, but I'll say it again, I :hearton DHardman. I hope Polo gets a run of games.

A few points I'd like to raise.....

Does anyone even notice the Hard Ball gets Edwards is winning in the back half? As soon as our flankers start spreading better all of the defenders turnovers will be reduced cos' they'll have someone open to kick it to.

Dea had two (not 3 or 4 as some people are claiming) suspect disposals early last week that weren't that horrible really because there were players there. Anyhow, they were minor issues that can easily be resolved. But did anyone notice how strong that kid is for an 18yo. His leaping tackle from his knees to a moving Dee's player showed phenomenal core strength and power. He bounces up off the ground for 2nd efforts at a ridiculous speed. I can't wait to see this guy play again and to see if we have a Campbell Brown type player.

WesternTiger said:
Not funny at all. Although I am not a fan of Jackson's the challenge was about the points.

Jackson challenged so he would get suspended or get off, not to reduce his points. He was highly unlikely to play this week, if he had have pled guilty he would have had 93.75 points hanging over his head. If he challenged and lost he would have got 125 points and been suspended for a week and only had 25 points carrying over.

Once he challenged there were 3 possible results:
  • Get off the charge (0 points carry over)
  • Have the charge upheld (1 week suspension 25 points carry over)
  • Have the charge reduced (80 points carry over)

Given that he was unlikely to play this week all better than the 93.75 points he would have received. Unfortunately the result of getting the charge reduced was actually the worst possible outcome and he now has 80 points carried over.

Max said:
Jackson challenged so he would get suspended or get off, not to reduce his points. He was highly unlikely to play this week, if he had have pled guilty he would have had 93.75 points hanging over his head. If he challenged and lost he would have got 125 points and been suspended for a week and only had 25 points carrying over.

Once he challenged there were 3 possible results:
  • Get off the charge (0 points carry over)
  • Have the charge upheld (1 week suspension 25 points carry over)
  • Have the charge reduced (80 points carry over)

Given that he was unlikely to play this week all better than the 93.75 points he would have received. Unfortunately the result of getting the charge reduced was actually the worst possible outcome and he now has 80 points carried over.

well explained.
they shouldnt have put forward such a good case.

Juffaricho said:

Does anyone even notice the Hard Ball gets Edwards is winning in the back half? As soon as our flankers start spreading better all of the defenders turnovers will be reduced cos' they'll have someone open to kick it to.

Dea had two (not 3 or 4 as some people are claiming) suspect disposals early last week that weren't that horrible really because there were players there. Anyhow, they were minor issues that can easily be resolved. But did anyone notice how strong that kid is for an 18yo. His leaping tackle from his knees to a moving Dee's player showed phenomenal core strength and power. He bounces up off the ground for 2nd efforts at a ridiculous speed. I can't wait to see this guy play again and to see if we have a Campbell Brown type player.

Be nice....he's a lot taller than Brown though isn't he?

Juffaricho said:

Yep. I think he had twice as many tackles as anyone on the ground too. I reckon hes a good chance of being a good player.

Juffaricho said:
Does anyone even notice the Hard Ball gets Edwards is winning in the back half?

Is certainly learning a new role this year down back. I personally think he is playing his best footy so far in his career and what Hardwick is doing for his career will benefit him in the long term.

good move giving PoMo a break. He needs to build confidence at the 'burg for a while. Looking forward to seeing Griffith soon at full forward.

Hopefully Foley plays. When you're getting carved up by Melbourne's midfield you know you need more inside players.

ROLLS ROYCE said:
Post looked to be very promising last year as did Rance.

The two of them seem a little lost this season and appear to have taken a step backwards.

Agreed, the development of these 2 along with Vickery is very important for us. It is a big worry how all 3 of them don't seem to have improved this year.

SAF said:
Agreed, the development of these 2 along with Vickery is very important for us. It is a big worry how all 3 of them don't seem to have improved this year.

Post has gone backwards and is a worry at the moment.

How you can say Vickery has gone backwards is bewildering... as for Rance, he couldnt go any further back than his form from last year.

Richmond
B: Shane Edwards, Luke McGuane, Matt Dea
HB: Richard Tambling, Kelvin Moore, Chris Newman
C: Dustin Martin, Brett Deledio, Trent Cotchin
HF: Troy Taylor, Jack Riewoldt, Nathan Foley
F: Ben Nason, David Astbury, Ben Cousins
Foll: Tyrone Vickery, Alex Rance, Shane Tuck
I/C: Troy Simmonds, Andrew Collins, Robin Nahas, Mitch Farmer
Emg: Dean Polo, Mitch Morton, Matt White

In: Newman, McGuane, Foley, Cousins, Nahas
Out: Daniel Jackson (leg), Tom Hislop (leg), Jayden Post, Mitch Morton, Matt White

I'm shocked Morton has been dropped. Our leading goal kicking from last year. Thought we might've been competitive but don't think so now.

Ahhh...here we go.

In: Newman, McGuane, Foley, Cousins, Nahas
Out: Daniel Jackson (leg), Tom Hislop (leg), Jayden Post, Mitch Morton, Matt White

Morton ? Does he have a niggle or did he not follow team orders ?

Lets hope Nahas gets a chance to concentrate on his forward role and hopefully work his way back into some form.

Barnzy said:
I'm shocked Morton has been dropped. Our leading goal kicking from last year. Thought we might've been competitive but don't think so now.

he is averaging 7 kicks, 4 handballs and 1.5 goal per game.
he has been struggling, but i guess i am little surprised too.

Morton's been starting every game on the bench, and pretty much every quarter on there too.

He hasn't been playing forward much either.

Does Hardwick rate him as a goal-scoring option?

Very disappointed to see him out.

Baloo said:
Morton ? Does he have a niggle or did he not follow team orders ?

Lets hope Nahas gets a chance to concentrate on his forward role and hopefully work his way back into some form.

Let's see if he plays with Coburg tomorrow.

Agree that Morton should be in the side hes our own Stevie Johnson.
Dont understand why he would be dropped as hes a better forward pocket option than those selected.